The Purge

Neopets topics not covered by the other forums go here.
Madge

Re: The Purge

Post by Madge »

I grabbed the name Hrab - George Hrab being a very obscure but very awesome singer/podcaster. I'm not even sure if it was purged or not, but it's a 4 letter name that's far more pronounceable than most of the ones that people try to turf off on the trade boards so I think there's probably good odds.

Not sure if I'll keep it or whatever, but it's good to have :)
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

The purge continues apace - I checked on the boards earleir and they're well into the P's now. They were clearing those beginning with N yesterday so I don't know if they skipped O altogether or just did it pretty quick. Most of the names I've had my eye on are still resolutely failing to purge, for whatever reason, but tonight I've just grabbed an account name and pet I really wanted (nightfall and Gloaming). There's plenty of pretty names out there, peeps! And the account signup process seems so much better for new users than it did when I started my last account 4 years ago (though that probably isn't news to many.)
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Post by hebdenhippy »

Congrats on nightfall and Gloaming! Those are lovely names :) They did clear some O names but they went through them really quickly. I was watching 5 names on O accounts and they were all skipped.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Purge finished with Z usernames yesterday but instead of going to usernames starting with "_" and than ending, it skipped those and it restarted again.
It went through usernames starting with numbers all over again and is now in A usernames. If the name you were stalking was skipped, there's still a chance it will get purged in the second wave (unless this was unintentional and TNT aborts it).
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta