Tyrannian Day Predictions

Neopets topics not covered by the other forums go here.

Which pet(s) will come in Tyrannian on Tyrannian Victory Day?

Poll ended at 11 May 2011 01:26 pm

Bruce
11%
Buzz
11%
Chomby
No votes
Grarrl
No votes
Hissi
22%
Kiko
11%
Lutari
11%
Pteri
11%
Ruki
No votes
Tonu
No votes
Wocky
No votes
Xweetok
11%
Yurble
11%
-none-
No votes

Total votes: 9

Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Tyrannian Day Predictions

Post by Nogitsune »

So what pets can’t be painted Tyrannian yet?
We got the Tyrannian Grundo Image on Grundo Day, but no new pet colour on the day itself. As a review of Tyrannian-coloured pets actually released on Tyrannia Day:
2010: none
2009: the Ogrin
2008: none
2007: none
2006: the Gnorbu
2005: Poogle and Bori
2004: the Tuskaninny
2003: none
2002: none
2001: the first Victory Day [no new colours, though]

It looks like roughly every other year there's a Tyrannian-coloured pet released on Tyrannia Day, though there's no guarantees. But because speculating is fun, here are the pets that cannot be painted Tyrannian yet:

Bruce Image
Buzz Image
Chomby Image
Grarrl Image
Hissi Image
Kiko Image
Lutari Image
Pteri Image
Ruki Image
Tonu Image
Wocky Image
Xweetok Image
Yurble Image

The Chomby, Grarrl, and Tonu are perhaps the least likely to ever receive this colour – though in theory a Tonu could be turned into a wooly rhino. It’s a bit hard to imagine how you’d make a t-rex and apatosaurus more ‘primitive’ but it probably could be done.

There has been an unreleased Tyrannian Buzz for a while now, though whether this bug version of the Terminator will now be used is uncertain. A Tyrannian Pteri along the lines of an archaeopteryx would be cool. A Tyrannian Bruce, Hissi, Wocky, or Xweetox could be interesting. Given the treatment the Yurbles and Lutari got after the revamp it’s unlikely their Tyrannian forms will be impressive, which is a pity. A Tyrannian Kiko could be nice or could be hideous. I’m not sure what they’d do to a Ruki.

Thoughts, hopes, desires, fears?
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Madge

Re: Tyrannian Day Predictions

Post by Madge »

My only thought is 'holy shit that tyrannian grundo is absoutey HIDEOUS and I refuse to accept its existence"

howdid I miss a cahnce to snark on this guy?

Anyway, my bet is they'll release a new colour that is somehow themed around tyrannia without being tyrannian - like maracrite is to maraquan. They are releasing lots of new colours lately.

Just because I know it probably won't happen but if it does I'll be like "I TOLDYOU"
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

Nogitsune wrote:The Chomby, Grarrl, and Tonu are perhaps the least likely to ever receive this colour – though in theory a Tonu could be turned into a wooly rhino. It’s a bit hard to imagine how you’d make a t-rex and apatosaurus more ‘primitive’ but it probably could be done.
In a recent editorial TNT has mentioned those pets (plus Pteri) as unlikely to be released as Tyrannian.
Well, remember how they said they would never release a Baby Krawk?
As soon as the colour was about to be 'finished' they released the Babies Lutari and Krawk and ended it.
I suppose in the next few yeras, when those four pets are the last remaining, they will come up with an 'idea' and finally release them in Tyrannian version.

PS: Grarrg is an example of what could be a Tyrannian Grarrl:
Madge wrote:Anyway, my bet is they'll release a new colour that is somehow themed around tyrannia without being tyrannian - like maracrite is to maraquan. They are releasing lots of new colours lately.
Since Magma TNT has released a new color every three months more or less.
8-bit is too recent so I doubt we will get a new color before July/August.
Actually there are enough Tyrannian pets to be released, colours like Christmas and Halloween are closer to need a 'replacement'.
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

A Ruki done like a bug trapped in amber could be awesome, although not sure how they could get around the converted pose thing.

Also hi, long time no see everyone :D Doctor Who fandom after S5 started sort of stole me away from Neopia.
Madge

Post by Madge »

My pick for a new tyrannian colour, if any: amber?????? Could be cool. Like woodland in a way?

I have decided my job is now, on every themed day that could have new colours, I will speculate on the new colour that TNT will surely release. Perhaps my speculations will make their way to the neoboards and I will be famous???