Jubjub Day Predictions

Neopets topics not covered by the other forums go here.

Which colours will the Jubjub have on their special day?

Poll ended at 06 Jun 2011 01:07 pm

8-bit
10%
Biscuit
5%
Camouflage
No votes
Checkered
5%
Chocolate
10%
Custard
No votes
Invisible
No votes
Jelly
15%
Maractite
5%
Relic
20%
Snow
10%
Sponge
10%
Transparent
5%
Zombie
5%

Total votes: 20

Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Jubjub Day Predictions

Post by Nogitsune »

Lat year we got Desert Image and Speckled Image

We also got Woodland Image

This leaves:

8-bit Image Image
Biscuit Image
Camouflage Image
Checkered Image
Chocolate Image
Custard Image
Invisible Image
Jelly Image
Maractite Image
Relic Image
Snow Image
Sponge Image
Transparent Image
Zombie Image

Somehow Chocolate seems like it would be highly appropriate for this pet. I can just see it covered with whip cream and chocolate drizzle, maybe with a cherry on top for added effect. Zombie and Transparent could be very interesting for this pet. Jelly or Biscuit could also be interesting if well done. Maractite also could have a lot of potential, given how the swirls of that colour work. 8-bit for this pet could be highly amusing. Camouflage can be good but relies on believable colours or, barring that, colours that look nice. Snow might be interesting if they went with the ‘snowball’ effect. Relic hasn't been done in a while, and may actually work well for this pet. Sponge lost a lot of its charm after the revamp but might look nice. Checkered is not usually anything to write home about. Custard and Invisible are Custard and Invisible.

Thoughts, hopes, desires?
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Fury

Re: Jubjub Day Predictions

Post by Fury »

I guessed Relic and Sponge.

I'm very curious as to how they would execute transparent on a Jubjub. Do they even have any bones? As always, that's pretty much the only colour I'm interested in seeing!
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

The simple design of the pet would make an 8-bit colouring quite straightforward and slightly less cluttered than some we've seen so far. Biscuit could be interesting, though there's probably not enough detail on the Jubjub to make things like Maractite, Transparent, or Relic particularly exciting. I suppose we might get Invisible.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

I'm surprised we don't have a Snow Jubjub yet. It's an easy and fairly obvious concept. Much the same goes for Sponge.

I'd like either of those, but I'm going to call Chocolate and 8-Bit out of random optimism. I like the idea of a ball of pixels.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Runic

Post by Runic »

I say Chocolate and Snow.
Hershey kiss and snowball. Win.
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

Fury wrote:I'm very curious as to how they would execute transparent on a Jubjub. Do they even have any bones? As always, that's pretty much the only colour I'm interested in seeing!
It's actually a Kiko, but the concept would be similar:

I voted Jelly and Relic.
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

I'd love chocolate to look like a chocolate bonbon or chocolate covered cherry or some such. At least make it look like it's cream filled or something, TNT staff artists.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Fury

Post by Fury »

Darigan wrote:
Fury wrote:I'm very curious as to how they would execute transparent on a Jubjub. Do they even have any bones? As always, that's pretty much the only colour I'm interested in seeing!
It's actually a Kiko, but the concept would be similar:

I voted Jelly and Relic.
That would be EXCELLENT. Transparent is fast becoming my favourite colour on the site, even with only 4 pets available. It's just so detailed and well thought out, I'd consider getting any of the existing 4 Transparent pets even though I wouldn't normally consider their species at all.

Just look at that little skull! D'aww!