Flotsam Day Predictions

Neopets topics not covered by the other forums go here.

What colour do you think this here Flotsam should be parading in?

Poll ended at 03 Jul 2011 05:09 am

8-bit
No votes
Biscuit
11%
Custard
6%
Desert
6%
Maraquan
No votes
Maractite
39%
Relic
No votes
Silver
6%
Snot
No votes
Sponge
6%
Strawberry
11%
Swampgas
6%
Transparent
6%
Woodland
6%
New Colour!
No votes

Total votes: 18

MalionX

Flotsam Day Predictions

Post by MalionX »

Hello again, it's you're favourite kooky american colour commentator.

Today we will be focusing on the Flotsam. Expect Dolphin jokes.

Last year we had a nice bit of dessert

Chocolate Image

and Bubblegum Jelly Image

... ok, I'm guessing TNT was really hungry last year. Nothing says yum like illegal Dolphin dessert. Pretty sure there was a movie about violent dolphin killing for food last year, jeez TNT too soon.

This leaves us with...

8-bit Image Image
Biscuit Image
Custard Image
Desert Image
Maraquan Image
Maractite Image
Relic Image
Silver Image
Snot Image
Sponge Image
Strawberry Image
Swampgas Image
Toiletseat Image
Transparent Image
Woodland Image

8-bit could be cool. Anyone play Ecco the Dolphin on the Sega Genesis? They could just copypaste the sprite from that game really... though I suppose that was 16-bit, not that TNT cares, lol.
Biscuit seems reasonable, it's food... clearly TNT has a taste for some Dolphin snacks so this would fit right in. Desert is logical... because Desert sounds like Dessert and uh... ok gonna stop making that joke because it's making me innapropriately hungry.
Maraquan would be hilarious since they would have to somehow turn Flotsam into an aquatic animal... not sure how they would pull that off.
Maractite could look really cool, the body of the Flotsam is quite round, and who doesn't want to see a sparkly dolphin?
Relic could be interesting, imagine a sunken statue with seaweed and coral growing on it... and then dismiss that notion and expect something less interesting.
Silver seems... reasonable, I suppose... Dolphins are grey looking, and... Silver is similar to Grey... without the sadness and a bit of sheen.
Sponge has lost a bit since the revamp.... shame, I'd like to see sort of a sea sponge look on this one.
Strawberry Fields on a Neopet that probably hangs out in some octopusses garden... something in the way that would move me.
Swampgas would certainly be amusing on this pet. And since it's under water, reminds me a bit of The Flying Dutchman from Spongebob.
Transparent on a sea creature could be cool we could see on the inside without killing the poor dolphin and cutting it open... aaahh, sorry, has anyone else seen "The Cove"? lol
Woodland. I like the idea of it being some sort of Driftwood, with all sorts of aquatic plant life bonded to it. Or maybe just some sort of swamp tree.
and Custard and Snot are... カスタードおよび粘液 (thats custard and snot in japanese)

I'm having quite a bit of fun doing this. I would write the Reviews as well if I could, lol. I doubt my sense of humour is something you'd want to plaster on the front page though.
Darigan

Re: Flotsam Day Predictions

Post by Darigan »

Maractite and Sponge
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Woodland and Desert seem a bit inappropriate for an aquatic creature, but might work with some creativity. I think you might be a bit optimistic listing Toiletseat ;-)

I've gone for Maractite anticipating the usual prettiness, and Biscuit for no other reason that we haven't seen one for a while. But nobody likes a soggy biscuit.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
MalionX

Post by MalionX »

hah! glad someone noticed that.