Ixi Day Predictions

Neopets topics not covered by the other forums go here.

Which colours will the Ixi have on their special day?

Poll ended at 11 Jul 2011 06:23 pm

8-bit
13%
Chocolate
4%
Custard
No votes
Glowing
8%
Ice
4%
Maractite
8%
Relic
4%
Silver
4%
Split
13%
Sponge
No votes
Swamp Gas
21%
Transparent
8%
Woodland
13%
[Insert Random New Colour HERE!]
No votes

Total votes: 24

Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Ixi Day Predictions

Post by Nogitsune »

It looks like last year the Neopets team got hungry again on Ixi day and so we ended up with:
Biscuit Imageand Strawberry Fields Forever Image.
They look good enough to eat, don’t they?

There remains:

8-bit Image Image
Chocolate Image
Custard Image
Glowing Image
Ice Image
Maractite Image
Relic Image
Silver Image
Split Image
Sponge Image
Swamp Gas Image
Transparent Image
Woodland Image

I suppose if the artists are hungry again, we could end up with Chocolate and *shudders* Custard, even though the latter is far from creamy or dreamy. I suppose that a Chocolate Ixi could be an attempt by Aberforth to replace the more popular chocolate frogs.

For a more metallic look, Silver or Maractite could easily be a nice new addition to the colours. It’d be nice if the Maractite one had a seashell on its collar.

If TNT got really creative, it could be fun to see a sort of mountain goat Ixi for Ice. An Ixi with branches for horns would make for an excellent Woodland. Of course, a Woodland Ixi would also know how to get to the root of most problems while an Ice Ixi would just skate around them.

It’s hard to know whether they’ll face an 8-bit Ixi forward or sideways, though I suspect it would be the latter. Relic might also work very well with this pet, especially for giving stony stares.

Swamp Gas and Transparent allow for two different forms of interesting grossness, with Swamp Gas lending itself well to the phrase ‘smelling like a billy goat’ and Transparent being able to show how much heart it has.

Having a Glowing or Split personality would likely be an aid to Ixis painted in the appropriate version of those two colours.

And I’ll mop up this one by saying Sponge is Sponge.

Thoughts, hopes, desires?
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Re: Ixi Day Predictions

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I'm guessing Swamp Gas and Split. I would have guessed Silver, but they seem to only do large batches of one color when the color is new.
MalionX

Post by MalionX »

I picked Maractite and Glowing... something newish, and something bleh... a typical mix.

Cheers on your return to Day making Nog.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Well they seem to have given up on Custard (not a tragic loss), and we haven't seen the likes of Glowing, Sponge, or Split for a while either. I'll go for Woodland (the Ixi seems like a woodland creature to me, so this would suit it down to the ground), and 8-Bit.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

Kantark wrote:Well they seem to have given up on Custard (not a tragic loss), and we haven't seen the likes of Glowing, Sponge, or Split for a while either.
TNT never released those colours frequently. What surprises me is the lack of Jellies and Royals this year.
I voted Glowing and Swamp Gas.
Bif

Post by Bif »

Maractite and Split. One new(ish) and one old.