Royal Pets

Neopets topics not covered by the other forums go here.

Which pet may come in Royal on Meridell Discovery Day?

Poll ended at 30 Jul 2011 06:28 pm

Bori
9%
Chia
27%
Jetsam
18%
Lutari
9%
Meerca
18%
Ogrin
No votes
Ruki
9%
Tonu
9%

Total votes: 11

Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Royal Pets

Post by Nogitsune »

Last year on the Discovery of Meridell, TNT released the Royal Hissi ImageImage

This leaves eight pets without Royal:

Bori
Spoiler: open/close
Chia
Jetsam
Lutari
Meerca
Ogrin
Ruki
Tonu
What pet will be chosen? What type of Royal will they be? For the record, most of the Royals are European Middle Ages-based (even if the Uni and Ixi look more like a knight and minstrel). Three, the Kacheek, Mynci, and Nimmo all have a Chinese/Japanese royal appearance. Three others, the Blumaroo, Grundo, and Shoyru all have a sort of space-theme going on. Two, the Chomby and Wocky, look more Mongolian. Two others, the Kiko and Korbat, have more of a Greco-Roman theme. The Elephante looks like Indian royalty while the Draik sort of looks like a street urchin from Aladin. The Techo has a sort of tropical island monarch theme and the Yurble looks like an opera viking.

If I were to guess themes I'd say that the Bori might end up with a viking theme since they come from Terror Mountain, the Chia might end up with a space-based royal, the Jetsam would likely be Generic Royal, the Lutari would be Pacific Islander-based, much like the Techo, the meerca would be Generic Royal or space royal, the Ogrin might be Mesoamerican-themed, the Ruki might be Middle-Eastern, and the Tonu might be another Mongolian or viking.

Other thoughts, hopes or desires?
Last edited by Nogitsune on 30 Jul 2011 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
MalionX

Re: Royal Pets

Post by MalionX »

If I had the time to make this thread (which I didn't, lol) I was going to suggest tying all remaining Royal pets in design with Monarchs of the regions from which the animals the pets were based on came from.

The Bori, being based on an Armadillo would be located in southern US and a lot of South America. Notably the entirety of Brazil. I thought perhaps a colour based on Brazilian Emperors of old.
Image Emperor Pedro II of Brazil
Image Maria I

Jetsam, being a fish, doesn't exactly belong to any one place, but the Island idea is likable. Namely the Kingdom of Hawaii.
Image King Kalākaua
Image Queen Liliuokalani

Lutari, based on Otters range from a wide number of places, including most of Europe and Canada... I'll focus on Canadian Monarchs here. Well... seems there are a lot of loan kings from France and England here, so I'll focus on France. shows how much I know about Canada, it seems.
Image King Louis XV
Image Marie Leszczyńska
(these were the last french king/queen of Canada

Meerca, being based on Chipmunks, bring to mind ideas of North America. I suppose for differentiation, because not many Kings are in the US (lol) I'll look else where. The native americans! Chiefdom of which is the closest thing to a king in this culture, so seeing something along these lines could prove interesting.
Image People of the forest dwelling Chippewa Tribe.

Ogrin, being based on the Okapi come from the Ituri Rainforests in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.... unfortuately, I can't find any pics of leaders of that area for the time being. lol... other than this one of President Mobutu

The Ruki, being a mantis, comes from a lot of places, and I was unsure which to cover, til I found out that some Africian indigenous cultures view the mantis as a GOD... unfortunately, there are not depictions of this Mantis god that I could find. Turns out a german author coined the name Mantis (I think) so I went with German Empire.
Image Charles the Fat (great title)
Image Maria Theresa

Tonu is pretty clearly a Rhino. So africa it is. The Zulu seem interesting enough.
Image King Shaka kaSenzangakhona
and uh... couldn't find a pic of the only female king. Mkabayi kaJama... (: they could be cliche about it I suppose.

and lastly the chia...
Chia, being more of a fruit, doesn't exactly have an area to call home. Unless you count the banana republic.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I didn't want to laugh but then I laughed.
Image Image
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

It's probably going to be a knight Chia.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

I picked Lutari, I figured their more anthropomorphic pose could suit a Royal get-up nicely.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

AngharadTy wrote:I didn't want to laugh but then I laughed.
Ditto.

Uhm, I don't know... how about royal tonu. I would like the Zulu theme idea, if it actually happened. Also like the idea of Native American style pets.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
MalionX

Post by MalionX »

lol, well I'm glad I could wrestle a chuckle or two.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I'm guessing a Meerca. Somehow, i can see them dressed up all royal gala. And i don't mean the apple even though the shape fits. :P