If you could pick just *one* pet..... (Image Heavy?)

Neopets topics not covered by the other forums go here.
Usul_Princess

If you could pick just *one* pet..... (Image Heavy?)

Post by Usul_Princess »

Fun hypothetical thread I wanted to start. Say you had to inexplicably jump ship, taking all your NP, items, etc with you, but only one pet, which would it be and why?

Now we all love our pets, but I was always interested in the one you'd save for yourself? Would it be your pet with the largest NP investment? Would it be your oldest pet? Would it be your favorite species? Or would it be your favorite pet? They can also be previous pets you've owned that were frozen or scammed away.

Answer these questions in no specific order (or any of them, but I always wanted to know who would people pick and why?)

Posting their pics are optional.

For me it would definitely be Siaynde

If SweetPetals survived the conversion it would've been her though.)

Shoyrus have always been my favorite species because of how impressive their 3/4 eye redraws (were) as well as being one of the better pets with colorfills.

Siaynde has one of the longer histories with me. My old side shoyru_master74 was frozen in 2003 along with my best friend's main for "making additional accounts to gain NP". My faerie shoyru Dragonberri went with it, and she was the first pet I painted when the faerie PBs were 200K in he hidden tower. Several years later after failing to get my old account back, I created a new side and a bunch of shoyru lab rats, and Siaynde a lucky lab zap on the 2nd try!

I love usuls,(especially the very old ballerina usul they never released!) but _SweetPetals_' memory lives on in my usuki collection. As for Caleroth and Coralane, my UC usukiboy and girl, I kinda feel like they help me with my "usul fix". I feel very fortunate owning 2/5 grandfathered usuls I created myself.

Any thoughts on a "what if?"
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Re: If you could pick just *one* pet..... (Image Heavy?)

Post by Seerow »

I'd have to pick my forever lab pet, Flying_Starz. Seeing as she's a lab rat, she's currently an Electric Grundo but will not stay such for long.
She was one of my first pets, being 3822 days old. I was 13 I believe when I made her hence her lovely name. But even though her name may suck I wouldn't change it for the world. Since she's been a lab pet for so long she has quite the uneven set of stats. 1200+ hps but "average" defense and only lvl 20! She still does well in battle though since she can just basically tank her way though.

I'm gonna cheat and put another one down, my absolutely oldest pet (3900 days old) and the first one I ever painted, when you could use vouchers from offers to get paint jobs at the Rainbow Pool. Hoofbeatz has been through all the Faerie Peophin revamps. Luckily she was grandfathered when the new system came out.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

I love hypothetical question threads!

Um... this is a very tough one and there's three pets in particular I'd have a very difficult time choosing between, Kaluhwah (UC Plush Kau), Baeya (UC Mara Kau) and Treid:

Mainly because he is one of my all time favourite pets on the site, just look how smarmy he is, and partly because if I ever did get tired of him and wanted something else I could trade him for almost any other pet on the site [/heartlessmole]. Baeya would be my close second because she is the only pet I still own from my first ever main account back when I was... 11? or 12?
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

This was actually a terribly hard question, because I absolutely adore all the pets on my main account ;_; However, in the end I'd have to pick Sojourns

Sojourns is my absolute baby. He is the most amazing pet I've ever been given, thanks to Jazzy (so much love for you, Jazzy!) and was a pet I thought I would never get after customization. He actually is a pretty major character now in the story arc Lindsey and I RP and plot in xD I love his personality and his art and he is one of my favorites to buy things for and oh my god Inu I feel so bad not picking you, sigh!
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

This question has always been so easy for me to answer. In what will come as a surprise to absolutely no one, my unconverted faerie Draik, Aurea.

Setting aside the facts that UC faerie draiks my favorite pet on the site aesthetically, and pretty desirable generally, Aurea is my favorite pet at all ever. I have had her longer than all of my real pets. I was fourteen years old when I created her, nearly half my life ago, and as far as anything has any permanence on the internet, she is it for me. Like the digital version of a priceless childhood doll (although I have those around in my room too, hoarder that I am). So much has happened since then, but a good dose of nostalgia is playing Neopets. I can't believe the site is still around, sometimes. No way would I have thought that day when I was fourteen that I would be 26 and still playing this silly little game. Nothing else I was doing on the 'net at the time (activities which included Buffy spoiler boards, Babyz and Petz fansites, Hanson fanfiction!, AOL chats) has followed me this far. I go through my off and ons with it (right now a little more off) but it's been years since I logged in less than once a week. Aurea is a big part of what keeps me.

So if I had to cull every single one of my pets (which have grown in number since that day to 24) I could do it, but not her.

It would be exceedingly hard to part with the others though, some I have had very nearly as long.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Ailiel wrote: No way would I have thought that day when I was fourteen that I would be 26 and still playing this silly little game. Nothing else I was doing on the 'net at the time (activities which included Buffy spoiler boards, Babyz and Petz fansites, Hanson fanfiction!, AOL chats) has followed me this far. I go through my off and ons with it (right now a little more off) but it's been years since I logged in less than once a week. Aurea is a big part of what keeps me.
I am going to go completely off topic here but yay Petz!! I recently got a fancy new computer and had to install a bunch of crap so I could get my beloved copy of Dogz III to run on it. I waste so much time downloading breeds and having puppies. *Nostalgia* Too bad most of the old sites no longer work lol.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Alecko
Human Avatar: 267595

Post by Alecko »

Very close between him and Zen but I'd have to go with RyouInnocent

He's never been painted anything expensive (was Blue then Electric, got turned Invisible by the random event and quickly painted Green and I've never got round to re-painting him), his name isn't the best and overall I've never done much with him. But, he was my first- and for ages, only- pet and I wanted to make sure he ended up with a colour and Petpet that I was entirely happy with. So he got turned Electric and then I fell in love with the Fire Airax and gave him one and that was that. xD He's always been my active pet the entire time I've been on the site and it'd just feel weird not having him in the side panel.

So in this case, sentimental reasons win for me. Like I said, Zen is close behind, but the rest (two on my main and on two essentially abandoned side accounts) I don't have any particular attachment to.