What are your top three favorite neopets?

Neopets topics not covered by the other forums go here.
Gagarox

What are your top three favorite neopets?

Post by Gagarox »

Hiya guys. Do you have a favorite when it comes to certain neopets. Do you want to show them off here? Well you came to the right place. Just post three pictures of your favorite neopets in different colors and six runner ups. I happily accept all opinions, but I don't take negative comments. I want to keep everything fair and fun to all people. Thank you and have fun.
Jamie

Re: What are your top three favorite neopets?

Post by Jamie »

This is probably my favourite pet on the site - the UC Faerie Ruki. I've been in love with them for quite a while. Other than that, there are so many that I really like, but it's so so hard to put them into any sort of order. Kaus remain my favourite overall species! I have a side account dedicated to them here.
Gagarox

Post by Gagarox »

Image Image Image Image
I couldn't choose between one neopet. I like the Faerie Grarrl because it looks more like a dragon. Besides the feathery wings, the horns, spikes, and tail is what completes it. The Faerie Grundo is pretty nice too. The eye color is what completes it. The mutant Lutari is awesome. It's two tails, claws and face is awesome. One of the more attractive mutants. The Halloween Grundo is awesome. The sinister cloak, menacing scythe, and glowing red eyes are the real deal. A better grim reaper than the Halloween Mynci.
Pulse

Post by Pulse »

I love UC Darigan Draiks, UC MSPP's, fire krawks, mutant kougras, maraquan grarrls and of course brown grundos!

Image Image Image - I love the UC MSPP's old expression! It was hilarious!

Image Image - I miss the UC's!

Image is still nice but the UC Krawk had a more mature, and darker look which was great for a krawk Image - love the shading

Image - because he was my first pet :D

Image is awesome too!

Image of course this pet is awesome! Think it would make a great battledome type pet.

But I still love my brown grundo, I've had him since i started and havent changed his colour or species, ever... lol

I miss the UC's :(
Why did they have to go and change them all. There should be an option to have the old poses or new poses, depending if you want to dress your pets or not.
Last edited by Pulse on 29 Dec 2012 09:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Image Image

Image Image

Hate the new faerie pteri, but the UC is gorgeous and I'm glad I created one before the switchover. Mutant gelert and lenny stayed pretty much the same, so I still like both of those. Spotted lupe is cool; I love it when they use real-life critters as inspiration and class up a usually-boring paint job (see also: striped meerca). Darigan chomby is just cool-looking. That shade of blue is my favorite of the Darigan colors.
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

Baby Buzz > all. Next question
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

I'm kinda like Jamie with this one. Even though Usuls are my 2nd favorite species, not one (converted or unconverted would be in the top three) in the following order:

ImageImageImage

1st: "Newer" old shoyru art (faerie, pirate, maraquan, plushie) are drawn at a 3/4 angle which showed both their eyes. UC faerie shoyrus look almost maraquan to me with their water wings :) They're my favorite species, and I have a side account dedicated to them.
2nd: Do I even need to explain? Every single pose is flawless, and UC grey is my favorite color.
3rd: Yeah...um...Awww SO CUTE!

The UC royal kougra pair, and old baby zafara get honorable mention.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

And now for a very long post about my favorite painted pets that no one cares about.

I'm probably forgetting some, but oh well.

Favorite pre-conversion pets that weren't allowed to be UC:

Maraquan Zafara - Look at that enthralled expression! And making it look like a seahorse is just plain brilliant and fits the body shape perfectly. It really saddens me that this wasn't allowed to be UC, as the seahorse quality was completely lost in the converted version. http://pets.neopets.com/cp/b2gxlo5h/1/4.png

Faerie Zafara - This is the very definition of pure joy. http://pets.neopets.com/cp/946jk3dm/1/4.png

Favorite UC pets:

Maraquan Gelert - I've always wanted to like Gerlerts, but this is the only one that really captures my attention in just how elegant it is. Granted, the shading's a bit flat, but it is older art. The converted version's pose just looks strange and awkward. http://pets.neopets.com/cp/3dzw2l8c/1/4.png

Faerie Techo - Just like the Maraquan Gelert, this has such a graceful quality, and as a proud owner of a gecko, I can safely say this is what a flying one would look like. The converted one isn't awful, but it's not nearly as nice. http://pets.neopets.com/cp/zhfz4l2b/1/4.png

Grey Acara - Ditto to Usul. http://pets.neopets.com/cp/6sm52kmm/1/4.png\

Royalboy Kyrii - HRNNNG http://pets.neopets.com/cp/vzsonr6v/1/4.png

Favorite converted pets:

Halloween Scorchio - My favorite Halloween pet (Grundo a close second). The Dr. Jeckel/Mr.Hyde thing is brilliant.

Mutant Pteri - I love the pose, the warped features of the original Pteri, the, well, everything.

Royal Kiko - Another inspired pet.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I'm going to do another post just of the UCs I miss:

Image Image Image

Damn, I miss the different poses/expressions. I loved that pet; it looked more mature than most gelerts.

Image Image

The new version of the tyrannian lupe sucks and looks like it has no neck. I used to own one back in the old days, but wouldn't now.

Image Image

It was grandfathered, but I changed mine because it looked tiny and stupid in the new system.

Yeah, I know, it was never released and it has some anatomy issues, but I liked the playful pose, the colors, and the big wings.
Gagarox

Post by Gagarox »

Image Image Image
The Darigan Nimmo is also my favorite in my opinion. Everyone may think it's creepy, but it's one of the better darigans. Plus It's a darker green. A different color scheme not seen in other darigans. Plus the mouth, wings, spikes and tail are pretty nice. I also like the UC Royalgirl Kyrii. It looks quite delicate. A very great keep if you're a long time player of Neopets. The Pirate Bruce was drawn well too. The angry face and pose tells me, hey! Get me cutlass and shield, you silly little landlubbers! I also quite like that tattoo it's has on it's arm. I bet nobody noticed that.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

I couldn't choose just three pets, so I've bent the rules a little. This list isn't definitive, I'll probably change my mind tomorrow ;-)

Three favourite recolours:
ImageImageImage
I love the shading and the shininess on the Ruki, the other two have naturalistic and highly detailed designs I think are clever, well developed ideas.

Three favourite redraws:
ImageImageImage
The Xweetok is a recent colour but I think it's great, just the right side of being silly. I'm not a fan of the Bruce normally but this Robot is fantastic - highly detailed with nice lighting effects. The Kau? Well, if you asked a hundred people to draw what they thought a Mutant Kau should look like, nobody would come up with this. It's perfect for Mutant, it couldn't really be any more different yet still be recognisably a Kau.

Three favourite Grandfathered UC pets:

ImageImageImage
The Yurble and Acara are the pinnacle of Grey pets, probably my favourite colour on the site before customisation. I picked the Faerie Lenny because it's a reminder of the freedom artists had 'back in the day' to completely redraw a pet to suit a particular concept (similar is the Pteri Cranberry posted earlier).
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark