Neopets after all these years

Neopets topics not covered by the other forums go here.
Corsair

Neopets after all these years

Post by Corsair » 28 Nov 2012 11:24 am

I had tried a few months ago to get back into neopets. I use to live on neopets but after the change to customs I felt let down. Now years later I am willing to give neo another try. So I started the site and man there are so many changes I'm overwhelmed. The screen has so much stuff on it my eye hurt after a while. The flashy graphic slows my computer down and I hear neo is a bit ban happy. I am not sure if I'm the right kind of person for neopets any more.
ImageImageImageImage

Ailiel

Re: Neopets after all these years

Post by Ailiel » 30 Nov 2012 12:34 am

My main Neopets account is twelve years old. I've been visiting the site fairly regularly over that time. I've never been banned, and I still have a lot of fun on the site.

It really depends what you are looking for in an amusing diversion. I like that the site is family friendly. I like the variety of games available for when I'm bored, and unlike solitaire or minesweeper on my computer, I feel like I get something in return for my efforts. I like the pet aspect of the site, and I'm attached to the pets I have. I enjoy the ability to access the game from anywhere there is internet access. I like the social aspects of the site. I even like customizing my pets with wearables.

But it's fine if you don't get much enjoyment out of it, there are many other games around to play.

Darigan

Post by Darigan » 30 Nov 2012 01:11 am

Just stick around until there is a new plot.
Plots are, generally speaking, the most entertaining events you will experience in neo.
After taking part in a plot you will probably have your neopian spirit renewed or, in case you fail to relate to it, you will know your heart isn't there anymore.

Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy » 30 Nov 2012 07:18 pm

I agree with Darigan. The good thing about Neopets is nothing disappears unless you leave it for a very long time, so you can stick around for entertaining things (eg the Battledome reopening, the next plot, a colour you like, etc) and then disappear again. And then come back. And so on.