Neopets Premium

Neopets topics not covered by the other forums go here.
Pulse

Neopets Premium

Post by Pulse »

Hey, I just wanted to tell all you that I just got Neopets Premium! I thought why not, it's the only game I play now as I don't really have the time/nor do I find anything else interesting at the moment. Anyways, just wondering if any of you have gotten it and what your opinions are on it?

Thanks!
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Re: Neopets Premium

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I've had it for a while and love it. No ads, boards that are less crazy, SSW (even easier to use for shop pricing now), an extra pet slot (now), and knowing that although "they" sometimes seem callous and uncaring, i'm helping support the people who run the site i've enjoyed for the most of 12 years. I'm still a bit bummed the Portal is gone, but i've built a custom dailies links page that is better than it was.
Pulse

Post by Pulse »

I just got it, but I really love it! It's also nice to give back to them after I've spent so many years playing, and having fun. I love all the perks to get extra neopoints and finish dailies quicker :P
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

I've been really tempted by the holiday offer, but I can't justify $50 right now. :( I used to have it though, the Charter boards especially made Neo a much nicer place to socialize.
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

I do wish there were more Premium features but I'm a sucker and have it anyway. SSW, the Premie av, and Stealth! were what I used it for previously, now everyone has Stealth! and the Premie av no longer has to be earned (I earned those referrals, damnit!). So just the SSW is left, in terms of features that interest me. (And, ok, the 5th pet slot, but it messes up my user lookup.)

First world problems, I have them.
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
redsea_

Post by redsea_ »

I signed up in December when I saw the discounted $50 membership. In my head that seemed like a reasonable price... less than $5 a month. I don't know yet if I'll renew if they don't offer the same discount next year though. I mean, I've never paid for it for the first decade I played neopets. Totally agree with the fact that it does feel nice to materially support the people who created a site I enjoy, though.

I was disappointed by the SSW at first, because I hadn't known you couldn't search for paintbrushes or map pieces, but I quickly realized how much time I saved in pricing things for my shop and quickly finding the cheapest dubloon or book. The bottom toolbar is pretty phenomenal in my opinion, although I never experienced the old toolbar. The 5th neopet slot I'm fairly ambivalent about, since I can't get another permanenet pet in case I don't renew premium next year, but I am using it to foster a new lab rat while I improve the stats for my lab pet Ixaaic.

My favorite feature, though, is the lack of ads. I did have them blocked before, but officially getting rid of them practically halved the time it takes a neopets page to load. So that was a nice surprise.
Pulse

Post by Pulse »

thelonetiel wrote:I've been really tempted by the holiday offer, but I can't justify $50 right now. :( I used to have it though, the Charter boards especially made Neo a much nicer place to socialize.
I haven't really tried the boards out lol! I'm more of a fan of the Neocolours forum 'even though it isn't as active' :P
Larkspurlane wrote: (And, ok, the 5th pet slot, but it messes up my user lookup.)

First world problems, I have them.
Oh man, that is a bit more of a problem for you than me. lol
Your profile page, pet pages, and gallery look like something made from the gods of Neopia.
redsea_ wrote: My favorite feature, though, is the lack of ads. I did have them blocked before, but officially getting rid of them practically halved the time it takes a neopets page to load. So that was a nice surprise.
I hadn't really thought much of it when I was about to purchase it, but now it just seems so much better and gives the site a much more 'clean' look.

Really love premium!