Login glitch? EDIT: All fixed up!

Neopets topics not covered by the other forums go here.
Usul_Princess

Login glitch? EDIT: All fixed up!

Post by Usul_Princess »

*sigh*

I haven't logged in since January, and I have a glitch to where my passwords always fail/ask for my birthday. Then it will go to the "timeout for 1 hour" screen. This seemed to be commonplace with Firefox. I created a new account because something didn't seem right after desperately trying to get in with IE, FF, and Chrome.

I wanted to look at my pets, and lo and behold, Driele was stolen and traded to some girl thinking she got a permie. I was seeing so much red that I created a ticket on an account that was 3 hours old, and reported abuse ASAP. TNT shut my side account down in 10 minutes. Since then, it looks like Driele has been moved back to my UC grey frozen account. I was too angry to save the username who had her, but they took off her grey blobagus that she won a gold PPL trophy for.

I have no idea how to get back inside my accounts. Is it a site thing? Why are so many NC'ers getting targeted? (I went through a few threads and saw that Jessi and Jamie were both iced. I'm sorry guys).

I'm sure I'll get back in, and I'll get my side back. The ticket is still open. I'm sure I'll follow up on it once I get back in my main. Part of me feels weird to fight being frozen again since I haven't actively played in 3 years. I want to say to myself: "Get over it, you're 30." Part of me is too tired because it felt inevitable. It feels like I'll have to do this song and dance a third time because of some punk kid. I'm annoyed, but I'd rather take all my accounts out by choice so no one can have my precious 15 year old pixels. It's silly, but at the same time, it's the final nail in the coffin for me. I'm not going to play forever, but the idea that I pushed Premium every day for a week to unfreeze my main makes me sad. How do they unfreeze someone who can't get into their main, nor has the priority of a paying customer?
Last edited by Usul_Princess on 31 Mar 2016 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Login glitch? Driele stolen off my grey account, and side frozen.

Post by AngharadTy »

I don't think it's NCers being targeted, although of course posting account names in the clear can draw attention. It's just bad luck combined with a fairly archaic security framework. At least you got it sorted out quite quickly! Pity about the blabagus, but having the pet back means so much. It's a damn shame it happened to you.

I have not had any issues logging in, however. Especially I haven't had it fail and timeout. Was that problem only on the stolen account?

edit: Well... NOW I'm having a problem logging in to my main (password incorrect, which is BS), so hopefully there's no actual issue there. =\

edit of edit: Doesn't look good, can't get into any account, site says no one is registered under my email, had someone check and pets are there but yeah... awkward.
Image Image
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Thank you, Ty! I'm not the only one with this weird login problem. That side account always felt "at risk" since the conversion because it showcased 4 UC grey pets. I never wanted my main to look as polished because of that reason. I remember going out of my way never mentioning it on Charter/posting while inside it. The HTML code is screwed up on my user lookups too. I'm guessing whoever designed those themes happened to get rid of the server they were hosted on.
ImageImage

AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I tried to make a new account to submit a ticket, myself, and no matter what, I can't get an email with the activation code (in order to even access the help desk). Maybe something's wrong on their end, possibly in conjunction with external shenanigans. It's so terrible. You know, in looking at old Neo emails, they just sent the password in the clear... hopefully they don't still do that, since my password email is from years ago (and was unprompted by me--people fish often).
Image Image
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Ugh, that's horrible! Sorry you've had to go through that. Glad you got your grey pet back on that account, though. I feel bad for those who fall for the scam trades, too.

Ever since KS got hold of the site, it's been horribly laggy, on and off, and some things don't work the way they used to. My accounts seem to be intact, but everything just sits and stalls. The boards are darned near useless because replying takes forever, and sometimes text/signatures get lost in the load. I'm still Premium, but even certain things there are glitchy; I occasionally get multiple monthly Premium collectibles.

I've almost quit, too, after 15 years of nearly daily play. It's just too much effort and not as much fun now.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I've got the login glitch on my side account, too, and can't fix it because my email server blocks the password notifications. I can confirm they do still send passwords as plaintext...welcome to 1998.

I got a decent response recently when I locked myself out of my main (I think I changed the password but am genuinely not sure now) so I think it's just a case of sitting and waiting.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

My side was unfrozen today with a reponse to my ticket. I still can't login, but Driele is back with a "naked" page, no grey blobagus, and that poor girl's artwork is still on her front page. I'll delete her artwork once I get back in.
ImageImage

AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Error: Password recovery is no longer available. To reset your password, please go here.
So at least they stopped emailing passwords in plaintext? But it's not solved yet. I tried this again today because I got a promotional Neopets email, proving that yes, my account *does* still have the correct email associated, criminy. But it seems like the same issues otherwise. No help or emails forthcoming thus far. Maybe they're just stuck in the ether. =P
Image Image
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

*sigh* The guy working on my ticket stated he suggested a solution to logging back into my account, but I don't see the neomail anywhere. Ty, did you get back into yours?
ImageImage

thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

I can't get into my account with two valuable UC's on it. :/

They are still there but the user lookup coding is totally broken. Haven't updated passwords in a while, so not being able to log in is pretty suspicious, while I don't remember exactly my password, there are only a few options and none work. That email is old and defunct (and I don't think accessible by anyone else, if I recall right).

Also, I can't even get the ticket part of the site to load. I've always had problems due to my cookie restrictions usually, but two different browsers are kicking up "Page Expired The page you are trying to access is no longer available" errors despite frequent reloads and attempts to re-enable cookies and other things. Any tips?

I'm glad it sounds like there is progress for both of you though! My fingers are crossed it'll be nothing major; I love all the pets on that account, even the converted ones!
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

^ Tiel, I had that problem too. You have to logout, and login to get the entire page to load.

And I'm back into my side!! Now to request this login reset glitch for my other 4 accounts.

BTW: Anyone know how much a Grey Blobagus is going for? Probably 500K-ish. At least it wasn't the Pandaphant attached to Rendivir.
ImageImage

AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Oh, I've not heard anything from Neo, so no progress for me, really. I guess I could try making yet another fake side account, since the first fake couldn't be verified in order to access their help... hilarious system.
Image Image
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Ty. I was so desperate that I blasted the ticket number all over their Facebook page because they're finishing up their stupid Negg hunt. It got enough replies and likes to get noticed. It's the only way when you don't have Premium. I suggest you do the same. This is a site-wide glitch that's not getting fixed fast enough. My account may have been frozen for a long time, but the abuse report works in a matter of minutes. I asked the guy working on my ticket is it really necessary to open up 4 more tickets for the exact same problem? I wait for a response to hear back from him.
ImageImage

Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Tiel - I wouldn't worry too much about the lookup coding, since mine disappeared and the account doesn't seem to have been compromised at all.
Usul_Princess

Re: Login glitch? EDIT: All fixed up!

Post by Usul_Princess »

And I'm back in! I had a very nice TNT member reset all my passwords to fix it. Apparently the email request "bounced" several times off the server from that email. I'm guessing this glitch is semi-related to very old/dead email addresses that underwent significant changes in the past 10 years. I still don't get why the glitch affects the right password. Weird. I'm so excited to be back in! Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go shopping on the trading post for a grey blobagus. :)
ImageImage