Login glitch? EDIT: All fixed up!

Neopets topics not covered by the other forums go here.
Kari

Re: Login glitch? EDIT: All fixed up!

Post by Kari »

Hm, I've had an issue trying to get into one of my side accounts (my oldest account at that) and no response to a ticket despite emailing. Posted on the facebook so maybe something there? It's the same with the email bouncing message too.
derp
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Just wanted to give another update: If you manage to get in and change your email because of the "bounce" thing, It sometimes won't send to the new address. Hoping someone was able to get in at this point.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Kari

Post by Kari »

I don't know if it was posting my ticket number on a complaint Help board, but I finally got back into my oldest account today. Thank you to this Alice person
derp
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I suppose I should attempt to make yet another account with yet another email in order to even *make* a ticket to get into my actual account. Bit of a daunting challenge, though, finding an email that will miraculously work.

I still get promo emails from Neo--but they won't send me support emails. Super fun.
Image Image
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

I was *finally* able to get the Support page to load and submit a ticket. Who know's how long it will take me to get a response? And if the page will magically work when I do finally get a response?

Turns out I still had some screenshots from ... I don't want to think about how many years ago that help indicate account ownership too - books read and quick ref type stuff. I hope they like those! I sure don't remember as much as I would if I had actually been playing on the site for the past several years... C'est la vie.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Double Posting to say:

This same glitch affected my main account (as far as I can tell: My password hasn't changed in the recent past, my Userlookup coding has gone to crap, and none of my possessions or pets were touched). I was able to successfully do a password request to my email and change it to something new. This had a much better "Click this link to change password" with entry fields rather than informing me plaintext of my password, so maybe there are some improvements on the backend? Though it would have been nice validation of "Of course that's my password, that's what I've been entering!" if it had...

Locking people randomly out of accounts is really bizarre behavior for a website.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I'm still outta luck. I got my last email from them on the first of the month (about the Altador cup, just a promo), and back end changes or no, they're not sending my password reset requests still. It's especially galling that the ads get through, but not the emails I've requested...
Image Image
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Well, now I can't get into my accounts. I guess I'll wait until I quit getting "bad password" results.

I haven't played in MONTHS (nor have I been on here in about that long) due to a cross-country move and being too long in getting my computer set up with internet.