So, how do you make your neopoints?

Neopets topics not covered by the other forums go here.
Atthis

Post by Atthis »

I don't know why but I've only just noticed this thread and thought I'd stick my two pennuth in. To everyone who's said stocks, amen. Definitely the most amount of profit for the least amount of effort, I wish I'd started on my portfolio a couple of years ago.

Restocking's pretty much a waste of time for me due to slow connection/short attention span, etc, though when I first started I did occassionally restock at the garden centre and I made a tidy profit buying the gnomes. Don't know if that'd still be very profitable though.

I hardly ever play the games on the site, too much effort for too little reward and they're not fun to me. You can earn quite a bit of np from NQII but I gave up halfway through normal and I don't think I could be persuaded to finish it if the prize was 6 million nps. Food club is a good one to play if the odds are good (and if your account is reasonably old) and turdle racing is a good one as well, though I haven't played that in a while. I remember when I first started playing I made my first 100k (which was a lot then) on the turdles - I think you could bet more then as well.

The other option, if your comp/connection is too crap for restocking, is reselling unbuyables. I made tons of np doing this when I had more time and it's easy to make 100k in a day, sometimes more. The only problem is that it's easier to make more of a profit the more you invest so it's not that easy unless you already have a substantial chunk of change in the bank.

One way to go is to resell hard to sell items (unbuyables). Buy from people selling cheap on the trade and auctions chat (they'll normally sell radically under the tp price just to get rid of hts items) then just put the item up in trades and wait for people to bid on it. You might have an item for a few weeks (so don't invest all your nps in one thing) but eventually someone will want it for their gallery or something and you'll make a tidy profit by being the middle man. Make sure you know the real market value of something before you buy it though or you could end up losing np.

The second (and safer) way to resell is to watch the latest lots go up on the trading post and buy easy to sell items like pbs and mps for 25k or 50k under what they sell for. Then you can sell them on the trade and auction chat board. You can make tons of money doing that if you have the time. Or another thing a lot of people do is buy during the week, say Tues to Thurs when there are less people online and things are slightly cheaper, then sell at the weekend when prices inflate slightly.

And a tip for figuring out the real value of something (ie, what you can buy it for, not what you can sell for - you'll be able to sell higher) is to look at the auction prices rather than tp prices.

Yeah, so they're my tips. This post was brought to you courtesy of my insomnia.
Skitty

Post by Skitty »

How do I make NP? Simple. I enter the Art Gallery. :)

If you have a reasonable amount of talent and a scanner and/or good art program, you are in a good situation to make some nice NP. (One of my friends also got in with an Oekaki picture, but I don't do that so I'm not sure how well that works...) Photoshop was a blessing back in the day, a few months or a year ago TNT seemed to find any Photoshop special effect (like Clouds or Lens Flare) absolutely irrisistable and would let it in regardless of the effort on the picture. Now they seem a bit smarter though--I reccomend attempting to mimic the Neo-style, they seem to like that the most (and there's less chance of them considering it to be "not a Neopet.")

Yeah, they say that it "shouldn't be used as a dependable source of NP" and sometimes you end up with Codestones, but the majorety of the time you get something unbuyable (or occasionally something really awesome--I've gotten a Blue Krawk Morphing Potion, Snowickle, Island Paint Brush, and Darigan Paint Brush.)

*crosses fingers that TNT never worsens the Art Gallery prizes--I'd probably quit if that happened.*
drablyar

Post by drablyar »

I'm with you, Skitty - the Art Gallery is where I've made the bulk of my np over the years. The only problem is, I'm useless at computer animation (I'm left-handed with a right-handed mouse and a broken graphics tablet, plus I prefer to draw sitting outside in the sun or somewhere comfy as opposed to at my uncomfortable computer desk). I have to get by with a rather pathetic scanner, which used to be fine, but TNT seems a lot more picky at the Art Gallery recently...

But yes, if you can get in, the Art Gallery is grand. In my experience the Pet Day/other 'special' day art is easier to get in (though these days they only seem to have one page per special day, as opposed to when they used to have several), but the prizes aren't as good - maybe items worth 100-200k, whereas for a normal entry I've received a lot of amazing prizes - usually meepits worth over 500k. Not bad for a few hours' sketching and colouring.
Borrow

Post by Borrow »

I do stock marketing from time to time, but usually I'll sell items to get others, that way I don't hoard too much.
And I'm not exactly rich either. The most I've ever had is 400k, but I spent that on making Siyid, my Xweetok Snow, and giving her a Christmas Rock. I suck at saving.
uberstav

Post by uberstav »

how do i make neopoints? easy..it's called employment agency..jobs will get you tons of money if you have a quick connection and know what you're doing..and whens jobs are slow..i simply rs in between job rs's.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I restock. Except on HPD, too much people.

I can make around a million a week, if I restock during 4 hours a day, which is a lot.
Nobby
Human Avatar: 165772

Post by Nobby »

There's an awesome petpage that tells you how to earn ~30k a day. The pets name is Pigglletta.
Spivzee

Post by Spivzee »

...that petpage is confusingly great.
I keep having problems with logging in, so this is me when I can't get in as Spivsy.
Cat

Post by Cat »

I got halfway through the starting paragraphs/faq/rules (???) and gave up on trying to understand it. ;P

My money-earners: Stocks (got me over 1 million, finally!) and some games. That's it.
Scimthary

Post by Scimthary »

Currently I don't even do NP besides the dailies. I used to invest in the stockmarket and it was a great way of getting np. Nowadays though my portfolio is a big 0. I sold all my stocks mainly because I don't had the chance to buy them everyday. I also started playing NQ2 but never got to finish it. xD
carsandtrains

Post by carsandtrains »

Restocking secret laboratory map pieces bought in auctions. Most of the pieces start at 1000 np and go up from there...as long as you don't pay over about 45K, you make a good profit, and you usually won't pay more than 20k per piece, if that. I've only done it once cause it's so hard.
la snutty

Post by la snutty »

Nobby wrote:There's an awesome petpage that tells you how to earn ~30k a day. The pets name is Pigglletta.
oh my gosh yes, thanks to this page I now make roughly 200k a week instead of my usual 25-50k from when I used to play games. oh jeez that's a lot more! oh jeez!
Lou

Post by Lou »

I play my favorite games 3 times a day. I also go searching for offers and surveys which give out neopoints.
smurfie

Post by smurfie »

Malling, stocks and the occasional restocking/sniping/minimal games run. I quit doing dailies for the most part, but getting my "daily" 5-7K on Bilge Dice is a given during my lunch hour ;)

I've dabbled in a lot though. For awhile, I resold PB on the TC, played multiple games daily, auction sniped and such. However, I tend to do the things now that are "givens" or take little time. Reselling is more of an annoyance now, so I try to stick to buyables that can be stuck in my shop at SSW price.
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

Nobby wrote:There's an awesome petpage that tells you how to earn ~30k a day. The pets name is Pigglletta.
This site really is great. I've been working for about 15 mins and I'm already at 10,850 NPs.

I ended with 24k, but I didn't do all of the things on the list because I got bored. But I just made more than I have all month in just about an hour.
Image Image Image