So, how do you make your neopoints?

Neopets topics not covered by the other forums go here.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Seerow, what do you restock at the Furniture and Choco shops?

I make most of my NP via games, but I'm trying to get into restocking. Problem is, the petpets I RSed decreased in value. Ever since, I can't find a shop that I can actively restock (Food Shop's items jump way too much in price on the Shop Wiz, and take a long time to sell).
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Usually, the most valuable items in a rs are at the bottom of the page, at least that what I've found true of the Furniture and Choco shop. I rs whatever is new or stuff I know I can sell for a profit.

And I almost always manage to snag 4 or 5 Kauvara's Beanbags, ranging in price from 500-600nps usually and sell them easily at 900nps. Not much of a profit, but after the first initial rush and all the good items are gone, those are the next best thing.

But pinatas, statues, and species themed items are usually good. Never go for the paintings though, or most rugs. Toasters are also nice usually.

I just recently started rs at the Choco shop (part of my far-off hope of getting the avvie someday) and usually just click some random item. Not very strategic I'll admit, but worked well for me as I made a rather nice profit.

So yeah...my whole rambling speech comes down to this: basically try and nab items towards the bottom of the page, or items that you've learned through experience you can sell for a profit.

Edit: And a tip for rs in general. Have a nice playlist going. It can get...tedious sometimes waiting for a rs to occur, and music at least helps past the time. You can also have another window/tab open with a game like Dice a Roo, Gormball, or Scorchy Slots to play while you wait.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.

Post by Guest »

Large stock portfolio, so each day just sell 250 stocks of anything over 60NP, and buy 1000 of what everis at 15.

Runs itseld, gleam a small profit off daily and my portfolio is growing by 1000 shares every day.

It's all good :)
sezrin

Post by sezrin »

Not logging in? That's unlike me...

Anywho, might as well add a bit more...

Bank interest is also a nice (all bit it little) bit of daily cash. Along with periodically selling some of the junk I horded since year 1. Terrible horder, and most things appreciate in value eventually..

Especially the 'shrooms. Even though they near impossible to sell...
Deku

Post by Deku »

Food club, stocks, restocking (though I haven't done that in ages), and occaisonally games.

I use <a href=http://avatar.starried.net/daily.php>AvatarLog for dailies</a> - I used to use Madge's but it was missing a link I wanted, I think, and the popup annoyed me :P
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

*flings around arms* Whee for stocks!

I used to play food club too, seeing as my oldest account is 6 years old and I can make massive bets, but I thought that might be a bad idea seeing as it's not the account with my stocks and that would, y'know, be frowned upon. Besides, the food club screwed me over a few too many times.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
gidget

Post by gidget »

Does anyone have advice for Food Club, or links to a good guide?

I've puttered with it a few times and won small amounts, but never really gotten into it.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

All you really need to know about Food Club is to bet on whoever as 2:1 odds when everyone else in that group has odds 5:1 or greater. You're pretty much set to win in that case. You can make multiple guess on the same bet (ie choose more then one person from different areas in the same bet) to increase your payout. I'm sure Huggles or someone else could go into greater detail if need be, but that's pretty much the jest of it. You never even have to visit any other page asides from Make a Bet and Collect Winnings :D
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

My money comes from two things: games and quests (Taelia, Brain Tree, Essophagor and Edna) - every so often I get lucky and get a 30k negg, bag of peanuts or even a 100k book from essophagor. I won't do Taelia if she asks for items over 2.5k; and with Essophagor, it's really easy as he either asks for 100np items or very expensive stuff. I also do Edna when she asks bellow 200np - but not much luck there - best I've got from her were magic ghost marshmallows.

Games:
I play Faerie cloud racers for W.C. maps. I like playing games, so if I feel like it I make 15k a day from Ice Cream Machine, Pterattack, Turmac... (I don't play same games every day - I play ones I feel like playing).
I used to play sponsor games (for a week) but quit as it was the most boring thing in the world and I felt like an idot just answering the same old question sgain and again.
When I have a strong goal in front of me (something on the trading post that can dissapear unless bought quickly) I can make myself make 35k-50k playing - but at that point I don't enjoy it. So after I get the item... I take a week of games as I need some recovery time.

I'm interested in restocking but don't know where to start yet. The only shop I know through and through is The Bakery but it sells out very quickly (I used to hope to find there mince pies for my gallery so I visited it very often - with no succes naturally ;))
dunx5000

Post by dunx5000 »

Hey! Stickied? wow XD

-invests more in stocks-

EDIT: Does anyone want me to edit my first post with all the different methods? Post, people ^_~
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

I don't know if you need to bother, it's not a long thread at this point.
EarwenAncalime

Me?!

Post by EarwenAncalime »

Games - I can easily get 3k a day from Ultimate bullseye (may not seem like much but its me) and randomly rsing but alas i use the trade post XD

I recently bought a Green Uni Morphing potion for 1k and sold for 13k - not a bad profit.

I also sell my random event items mainly codestones at 4k a pop.

I'd try the stock market but i ain't got enough money for that yet lol.

Dailies i'd be lucky to get anything of great value :/

My best day was gettin a 70k profit on a random event ^^
Dead Webby

Post by Dead Webby »

zebru wrote: I'm interested in restocking but don't know where to start yet. The only shop I know through and through is The Bakery but it sells out very quickly (I used to hope to find there mince pies for my gallery so I visited it very often - with no succes naturally ;))
The bookshop is always good- buy the books that are less than 1000np, they usually sell over 1000np. When I used to be doing this as a full time 'business', I could get a nifty profit from it everyday. I stopped but i've decided to start doing this again.

Edit- Infact, I just bought 5 books for about 2900np, which each sell for above 1000np ^^
Thanks VanillaCoke for the Set.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Dead Webby wrote:
zebru wrote: I'm interested in restocking but don't know where to start yet. The only shop I know through and through is The Bakery but it sells out very quickly (I used to hope to find there mince pies for my gallery so I visited it very often - with no succes naturally ;))
The bookshop is always good- buy the books that are less than 1000np, they usually sell over 1000np. When I used to be doing this as a full time 'business', I could get a nifty profit from it everyday. I stopped but i've decided to start doing this again.

Edit- Infact, I just bought 5 books for about 2900np, which each sell for above 1000np ^^
Thanks for advice :) As I have the slowest ADSL conection I found Igloo garage sale is the best place for my restock as it involves no haggling. It was a good choice too - my daily income now is on the rise since then :)
Plus I really enjoy restocking, it's a bit like lottery...
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Skitty

Post by Skitty »

Just a reminder, today's half-price day so if you plan on restocking today's a good time to wet your feet. It's much harder to make a big mistake if you buy today, and even some of the more obsolete shops can make you money--I'm wandering around through the various non-Neopian food shops and I've caught some pretty good items so far. :3