Rule Neopia

Neopets topics not covered by the other forums go here.
Basketball

Rule Neopia

Post by Basketball »

I was a little bored so I came up with this. I think it is a fun topic, it shows off creativity. :D

If you could be apart of TNT for 1 day what would you do to Neopia. Would you create new items, new pets, new worlds. Would you make new paintbrushes, do redraws for pets or bring back the sponsor links back. How would you change Neopets. Name 1-5 things that you would change or do if you were in charge.

I would…………
1. Definitely bring back the Sponsor Links. I only got to use them once before they took them away so yea I was bummed.
2. Make a Chocolate and Ice Paint Brush. I would make these paintbrushes because I like they idea of these colors but do not like that they are lab only colors.
3. Just for fun, since I love basketball (looks at username) I would probably make a paintbrush based on basketball. :wink:
4. Create an Altadorian paintbrush. I really like they way the neopets on the teams look during the Altador Cup.
5. Make the Altadorian Kacheek to look exactly like Florin and create me one.

Overall I would mostly be making Special Paintbrushes for pets.
rebelheart

Post by rebelheart »

I would fix old stuff before making up new things.

Like, release unreleased items and colours.
Award trophies (they awarded user lookup of the week #107 today, while people who won since #80 still don't have their trophy.
Make all circles in circle poses actual circles and center them in the image, make pets of the same spezies the same size (unlike the poogles now, for example)

Bring back the better Fire Gnorbu *sniff*

And go to http://geocities.com/dailylinksrus/index.html for your sponsor links. Her list isn't as updated as my bookmarks but I'm currently not on my computer to post them for you. Make sure you have your country set to the US to have them actually pay out.
LΟL
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

I would:

1) Create a REAL purple pet. Since some folks actually like the orange ones I'd leave them be and rename them Kreludian Purple or something similar. Along with this I'd unleash the Dr. Sloth plot or at least a story to tell you what happened (since that was supposed to explain the orange and purple anyway).

2) Create a way that all major colors could be more easily created so that you wouldn't have to rely on the Lab Ray for things like Robot or Ice or Jelly.

3) Open Lutari Island to the public.

4) Put a story giving the plot characters and events of the Darkest Faerie game so those that can't afford it could see what happened, afterwards removing the Darkest Faerie statue from Maraqua and the Portal to Altador from Fyora's tower. I'd also redo the text in Altador since you no longer need to arrive there through the portal.

5) Create colours for Altador and Shenku.

6) Put the Bori civilization on the south pole and open a world there of Bori and Bruce.

7) Create the place that Darigan came from and resolve the plot of the Golden Orb.

8 ) Put a place on Mystery Island for Mystery Island colours and a place in the Ice Caves for Ice coloured pets.

9) Put a daily for free cheese on Kreludor

10) Create a 'dark side' for Kreludor that you could access as per the new neopian map (a moon IS round, after all).
Last edited by Nogitsune on 14 Feb 2007 04:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

I mean, it's not that I don't think TNT do their best at what is probably a pretty difficult job. But I admit, I have had ideas of what I'd do better.

I would...

(1) Create a foolproof way of connecting main and side accounts, so that money, pets, and items could be transferred between them quickly and easily, with no need for the usual user-to-user channels.

(2) Allow users over 12 months to have five pets per account, while leaving the limit for newbies at four. Seems to strike a good balance to create the minimum number of neglected pets.

(3) Get on with exploring Lutari Island already. Sheesh, I know it's covered in mist, but can it really be that Neopia's top explorers (Hannah? Jake? Garin?) have never thought about setting paw on the place in ALL THIS TIME? It looks so interesting from what we can actually see.

(4) Make more Neopets merchandise available in the UK. It is unbelievably annoying to be told my nearest participating store is in Singapore.

(5) Modify the Adoption Centre to create a "log" for each pet of what accounts it had been through (not visible to the public) and a place for those who had to disown their pet to write a message to the new owner. The first bit (and to a certain extent, the second) would enable TNT to tell if a pet was lost in transfer and to return it if asked. As for the message, it might make things a little easier for an owner who had to disown a pet if they could leave details of the pet's favourite toys, and maybe a note about why s/he was in need of a new home. (EG: "Please take care of Kitty, I have no time to come to Neopia any more since I moved to a really hard-working school. She likes Neonip Critters and chocolate.")

Yes, I have asked TNT about all of these in the editorial. So far, no response. I guess they're too flooded with questions or something...
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

1. Bring the original Lamameeah back. I don't care if we keep the gnorbu or not, I still want a lamameeah.

2. Update all worlds to be more interesting, specially the ones with messages like kikolake. I like the bori world idea BTW

3. Remove all orange spots from purple pets!

4. tackle inflation by slowly increasing random events and restocks.

5. Fire some artists that have been drawing crappy art and give some good ones a payraise. Let the good ones make an altadorian paintbrush. I also secretly would like a Valentines paintbrush even though I'm not a particular fan of the holiday.

6. Plot prices

7. stop creating new items untill all old ones are released. Also: FIX BROKEN NEOHOME ITEMS ALLREADY.

Me, annoyed much? Noooo, what gave you that idea?

8. Create Boochi etc. random event insurance.
EarwenAncalime

Post by EarwenAncalime »

Oh fun :D

1)Bring back sponsor links :) I loved getting easy money (even if it did take a good 20mins to go through them all for 51k)
2)Introduce a system to reduces the amount of freezing etc that happens
3)Have the fruit machine pay out for once >.<4>.<
11)Account Linkage! I have it on a RP board! SO easy :) (foolproof as pre-mentioned)
12)Better bank interest
13)A simplifyed Stock Market for people like me :)
14)Reduce the price of premium OR make more exclusive offers for the premiu users
15)Release the Magazine in the UK (if it is, its well hidden)
16)Allow Guild Competitions again
17)A better search system for the pound (by Species? but NOT by colour ^^;)
18)5 pets per account for those aged over a year or so (as pre-mentioned)

...I think I'm done :/

wait....

19)Update all words
20)Create another planet perhaps? Eeep! A whole solar system :)
21)Re-draw some pets *ahem*
22)Make Lutaris poundable

there done now me thinks XD
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

Wow, that's a really interesting way of counting you have there, Earwen Ancalime- 1, 2, 3, 11, 12, 13...

Some of the points you made wouldn't really be practical though...

1) I haven't checked that site but some sponsor links are still paying out. I do think it sucks that they took away such a big chunk of ways to earn np- especially as they removed a lot of other sponsor things at the same time.

2) I'm not sure they necessarily need to reduce the amount of freezing as just have more staff to deal with that aspect of the site. No one wants lots of people swearing on the Neoboards going unfrozen, but there are people using autobuyers and other icky cheats who should be frozen and aren't.

3) The fruit machine does pay out... just not very often and not very highly. It probably would help pb inflation a bit if it gave out brushes a bit more.

4/11) Account linking would be great and you would have thought it'd be not too difficult to do. But maybe they worry about people linking accounts with friends, and how to initially implement it without people abusing it.

5/12) Bank interest is rubbish if you haven't got a lot of money in there: rather like the real world, actually...

6/13) I don't think the stock market needs to be simplified and if it was it wouldn't pay out as much. It isn't actually that hard, you know.

7/14) I don't know about the cost of premium, it's not something I'd really want- all I know is that I don't want premium players to have a huge advantage in earning np because that isn't fair to people who don't want or can't afford premium.

8/15) Maybe the magazine would go down well, I don't know- I suppose if they sold it online it would be okay but I don't think there would be enough people to buy it if they sold it in high street shops.

9/16) Guild competitions sound like a bad idea. Lots of possibilities for scamming, and whilst there may be some really nice guilds out there it's likely a lot of people would get taken in and lose out.

10/17) The reason they took searching by species away was because it was too much of a strain on their databases. I don't think they'd really want to implement it again because there are so many more players and pets now.

11/18 ) Yes, more pets per account would be a really good idea and a great reward for long term players.

I wouldn't want more worlds when there are so many under-developed worlds like Kreludor already. I really don't want yet more flash games, which seems to be mostly what they're doing at the moment.
Neopets wishlists: here
sureq

Post by sureq »

1) Fix everything they have not fixed yet, and release everything they said they had released yet haven't.

2) More lab only colours. Sheared Gnorbu? :D I love how they're lab ray only - makes them more fun I 'spose. But of course, no rush jobs thank-you very much.

3) More pet slots. If they were a paid for thing (not premium) I'd spend loads of money just for pet slots alone.

4) Transfer of pets to side accounts easier.

5) And plot prizes already.
ImageImage
Aurinona

Post by Aurinona »

I definitely agree with the suggestions of linking accounts and five pets per account. Or even just letting people have a greater number of lab/storage accounts. Five is not enough. =P

I think Neopets really needs to work on stabilizing the economy, possibly by increasing the amount of items that stock in shops and increasing the amount that certain items cost in the shops. Not that I want to deny RSers a decent profit, but the margin between sales price in the main shops and sales price in the trading post can be absolutely obscene for some of the rarer items, and one of the issues with Neo's economy is a lack of money-sinks- money comes into the system from games and goes out through the shops and some of the chance games, but way more is going in than comes out. Make more items to come in and more money go out, and inflation might slow down a bit.

A paint brush shop or increasing the number of PBs coming through REs and the fruit machine would also help. PB inflation has been out of control. Same with some of the LE morphing potions- I made a Draik a year and a half ago and paid 1.5 million for it. A little over two years ago they were a mere 800k. Today's going price? Looks to be around 3.7 million. Something is not right here!
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I would:

1) Release a percentage healer and freezer for all Neopets species. You would have to do it in such a way that it didn't deflate the current healers and freezers too quickly, but they do need to be slowly deflated (or at least have cheaper options).

2) NOT bring back the sponsor links. Go though and make sure none of the removed ones pay out using the process_click links. Announce in a very obvious and unmistakable way, like on the news, that the links have been taken down and that anyone who comes up with clever new ways to access them will be frozen. Then start warning and suspending -- and freezing if the person persists. The way it is now it's not fair to players who are following the rules TNT laid out in the editorials. And there's no way the sponsor links should be brought back not all at once like they are now -- they're a horribly inflationary source of NP. I think we can all agree that inflation is a bad thing.

I mean, I know people liked them (and I found it handy, too, while they were up) but look at it this way: Only accomplished stockmarketers average out to 50k a day. (1 million a month is a big goal for stockmarketers and 50k a day works out to 1.5 million a month.) I was asking about profits from restocking on PPT the other day and it sounds like only very good restockers will make 50k in 30 mintues. (Something like 2-3 hours to make that much sounds closer to average.) Even really good gamers -- people who can do World Challenges -- don't usually make that much in a day, at least not without spending a lot of time playing the games. All these are people who have put in time and effort to get good at what they dot. It's not reasonable to expect to make that much money by clicking on links for 30 minutes.

OK, end rant. I like easy money as much as the next person -- it's why I play the stockmarket -- but the stockmarket still requires a lot of patience and some know-how. It's not hard or time-consuming once you get the hang of it, but it's not just free money.

3) definitely NOT make the Stock Market easier. The Stock Market is already easy. I'm always torn between spreading the word about the Stock Market and the awareness that the more people play it, the worse off the Neopian economy is and the greater the chance TNT will decide to scrap the system. The Stock Market is also an inflationary source of NP, although I think a much less dangerous one than the sponsor links -- comparatively few people play the Stock Market and of those even fewer make 25-50k a day off it. Still, from TNTs standpoint encouraging more people to play it is the last thing they want to do.

4) Linking accounts: very good idea. I'd like to see safe pet transfers between a user's own accounts. I'd also like to see it set up so that you can play games, go to Coltzan, etc. on any of your accounts: eg if you have 3 accounts you could play one game of Meerca Chase each on each of those accounts, but after that the Meerca Chase would read 3/3 plays on all your accounts. Sort of like the linked accounts were one giant account.

5) Make a system so battling could earn "points" or whatnot toward training, a good idea people are talking about on PPT right now.

6) De-herpes the purple pets.

7) Not announce things in the news until they're actually confirmed to work.

8) Hire some more people on the customer service end to look into freezings, etc.

9) Take another stab at making sure the rules are very clear. Monitor the fan boards and when a practice you want eliminated starts becoming popular -- like sponsor links or ImproveNeo -- set out in no uncertain terms that using them is against the rules. Then start warning and suspending people. Freeze people only when they persist in breaking the rules.

10) More redraws for Eyries. :-)

11) Revamps for some of the older pets.

Hmm. Can't think of any more for now.

WAIT:

12) Five pets per account after a certain account age, as has already been mentioned.

13) Also as has already been mentioned, start slowly deflating some items (MP, transmogs, PBs) by increasing random events. Also start slowly increasing how many/often items of each particular rarity restock.

14) I also think it would be fun if more games gave out items instead of/in addition to small abounts s of NP, more like Subeta. However, instead of the way Altador, Skarl, Brightvale, Tombola, and Fishing work (only drawing from a small number of items which promptly deflate and become worthless) the games should draw from all the available items at a rate proportional to their rarity. I'd take that in place of increasing how often items restock, actually. It would be nice for there to be a way for people who don't like restocking to be able to make money selling items, and it wouldn't contribute to inflation.
ulyyf

Post by ulyyf »

1. Fix all broken things, release all unreleased things, etc. etc. etc.
2. Improve painting. This means I'd modify all "glass" pets, call them "ice", and re-release them. Also, unretire Stone. And, for fun, unretire all retired paintbrushes. And separate "purple spotted" from "plain purple". Any bizarrely oddball colors like Speckled usul would become lab-only, with a new, standard one being the, uh, standard. (That doesn't apply to oddballs that make sense)
3. Create a new way to get paintbrushes. I don't care if they're still uber-expensive, I just don't want them to inflate so much. Maybe most of them could be sold in the HT, with a few more given in random events? The prices would still be high, because they'd be Hidden Tower items, but they wouldn't be insane.
4. Make battling more profiteable - battling could, as somebody mentioned, lead to points to aid training. Skills like agility could be useful - greater agility could mean more moves per turn. Greater intelligence could mean that you increase stats faster, or that you have access to different, useful abilities.
5. Definitely increase the pet limit, probably with the ability to add new pets coming with account age. Say, after a year you could have five pets, after two years you could have six, after three you could have seven, and cap it at eight because, really, who needs eight?
6. Set up a two-tiered system for book club and food club (and make it so that each book store had its own trophy, or else merge booktastic books with the rest of them). One for sheer number of books, a different one for the high score board, similar to how Pyramids has a two tiered system.
7. Make it possible to view other people's list of avatars. That'd just be nifty!
8. Increase or disable the shop price limit - there's no need for it to cap at 100k.
9. Definitely work on decreasing inflation. More games you have to pay for, rare items becoming less rare, prices in shops increasing as well as stock - even decreasing interest. Inflation is out of control.
10. Finish making the half-started worlds. Put a few features in each of 'em, some free things (no money for 'em, just like the jelly or whatnot), anything.

I know, that's a bit more than five.

Edit:
14) I also think it would be fun if more games gave out items instead of/in addition to small abounts s of NP, more like Subeta. However, instead of the way Altador, Skarl, Brightvale, Tombola, and Fishing work (only drawing from a small number of items which promptly deflate and become worthless) the games should draw from all the available items at a rate proportional to their rarity. I'd take that in place of increasing how often items restock, actually. It would be nice for there to be a way for people who don't like restocking to be able to make money selling items, and it wouldn't contribute to inflation.
That's not a bad idea. And, unlike the free things you mentioned, these could give out items based on things *other* than luck, right?
Independent thought, independent dreams, independent lives. It's a thing worth dying for.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

I'd do something similar to what's been said about linking multiple accounts, or possibly make one uber-account with 20 pet spaces and several shops/galleries etc. Anything to make operating multiple accounts and moving pets/items between them safer and less likely to lead to ranom freezings.

I'd also derestrict the Lutari and allow it to be moved around between accounts.

I'd reinstate a large number of the old 'in-jokes' and put in more. I'd like to get the site back to the kind of feel it had a few years ago while retaining the current site's graphic and operational slickness.

I'd also release the Polaflint as a pet.

And finally, the Darigan Poogle :D
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
EarwenAncalime

Post by EarwenAncalime »

My numbers messed up, there were a 4-10 but they got deleted :O
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I forgot about shop limits. Yes, those should go a lot higher. Also, I'd like to get rid of the 800k limit on trades. Both of those were probably not unreasonable when they were instituted, but that was then and this is now. Now they're both much too low.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Anything I would have thrown out has already been covered, but this caught my eye:
sureq wrote:2) More lab only colours. Sheared Gnorbu? :D I love how they're lab ray only - makes them more fun I 'spose.
Is the Sheared Gnorbu really a lab color? I thought that was just a one-off joke.