What is *your* Neopian Justice fantasy?

Neopets topics not covered by the other forums go here.
Usul_Princess

What is *your* Neopian Justice fantasy?

Post by Usul_Princess »

I'm surprised no one else made this topic already, and I was hoping it may subside some general bitterness if you could vent about what you want this "justice" thing to be, even if it's completely and totally unrealistic. Mine would be this:

Give the option to revert pets to 'old skool' with all the poses back or have the new style to dress with whatever it comes with (minimal expressions, poses, etc.) If this never comes true then give the option to 'strip' the paint brush color from your pet and sell the brush either for: The Hidden Tower Price of PB's or the Neopian value of a brush, and not TP prices. Or do that and make what I call 'Paint Brush points'. Points that are the current neopian value/HT value, and can't be traded or sold. They're just your point pool to save up for something better. Morphing potions work the same way too :)

....yeah, okay :P
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Iggy

Re: What is *your* Neopian Justice fantasy?

Post by Iggy »

Usul_Princess wrote:If this never comes true then give the option to 'strip' the paint brush color from your pet and sell the brush either for: The Hidden Tower Price of PB's or the Neopian value of a brush, and not TP prices.
I hate this idea. Totally. Especially if the bring the pound back right now.

Painting a pet is permanent, and may you like the new style or not, you shoudn't be refunded for a permanent choice. It would also be hypocrisy, because of the lab ray.

None of my pet were paint-brush painted. If I chose to do that, wouldn't that be unfair?
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

.....Ummmm, okay. I'm just putting an idea out there. It's not a well thought out idea, nor are most fantasies. It's whatever you want it to be, which is the point of it being fun. This is supposed to be a FUN topic to get away from bitter opinions, not another debate. I'm sorry if I sound rude, but this is a light hearted thread for a change instead of people getting upset about the changes. I made this up because I was tired of the general frustration of this whole forum and it would be fun to get ideas off people's chests as a positive way of sharing opinions. Please, do everyone a huge favor and don't make an otherwise fine topic go south before it even starts. Nobody likes soured threads. And with that, I'd like to move on...
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

I'd like:

A reliable way of uploading your own image, of approximately the right size and shape, to use instead of a customised pet image. If you wanted, you could make that the old Neopet image, or you could draw entirely your own pictures that would be used wherever a picture of your Neopet appeared. You could even choose to send the picture with the Neopet if you transferred her to a new owner, though of course the new owner could always just take it off.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
miazilla

Post by miazilla »

Rainbow Daydreamer wrote:I'd like:

A reliable way of uploading your own image, of approximately the right size and shape, to use instead of a customised pet image. If you wanted, you could make that the old Neopet image, or you could draw entirely your own pictures that would be used wherever a picture of your Neopet appeared. You could even choose to send the picture with the Neopet if you transferred her to a new owner, though of course the new owner could always just take it off.
Ooooooh. Now that sounds GREAT :D Then I can make my aisha look loke his black and hotpink self instead of 'generic pirate aisha' ^^
clsimmons1985

Post by clsimmons1985 »

I would love if they came up with a way to transfer pets between your accounts without them entering the pound. Actually, I'm half hoping that this is the reason the pound has been down for so long, however unrealistic that may be!
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

All I want right about know is to be able to 'revert' my pets back to uncustomised. I mean, it was so simple to do in the beta so I just don't understand why this isn't possible. But I do also like the idea of being able to just give pets to specific people.

Oh also! I'd quite like an option to be able to state your side accounts usernames in like site prefs or something, and then this just disable all the things that are banned from being done on them. Think it would save a lot of actual cheating, as well as the unfair freezings..
KauKrazy

Post by KauKrazy »

What a great thread, I totally understand your idea and approve :D

I just wish that it would be possible to revert back to the old images if you want to, and keep the new images if that suits you better. The downside of the old images would be not being able to play "dress up." I have no other wishes, really. Though even if it did happen, I wouldn't get back because the total lack of respect for us was too much for me. But I won't go there, because this thread is about wild dreams and not bitterness.
I would love if they came up with a way to transfer pets between your accounts without them entering the pound.
That would be so good, then finally we'd all escape the inevitable horror when transferring a pet from one account to another. I always get so nervous that my hands are shaking even half an hour later :shock:
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

*joins masses*

I too will not be satisfied with this "justice" concept, unless it includes a way to revert all pets to their old selves, even if it means you're stuck with the one pose from now to doomsday; I'd far rather that than the awful hideous new "art" my autoconverted pets are stuck with.

And I think it only makes sense to allow newly painted/zapped/morphed pets the choice of which color scheme they'd like as well; otherwise I really don't see the point of having goals. I've been all through all of the new colors, I truly have, and there are a grand total of five I wouldn't actively hate owning - and most of those are Peophins or Unis, pets I never once dreamed about owning multiples of before the Barbie Dolls came to Neopia and took over. I've never wanted to own colorfills before now, but apparently, save the robot Peophin and the maraquan Gelert and Uni, those are all that's left (that don't have right fist o'DOOM syndrome, anyway). >.<

So a plan to allow people who don't want to play dress up with their pets to quietly go about their business as before would be my idea of justice.
Last edited by Kamil on 22 May 2007 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

The immediate reinstatement of 'My Lovely Horse'

And, for extra credit, re-running some classic NT comics from back when they were allowed to be a bit subversive- e.g. 'Poor Dr_Death'.

... That is all.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Skitty

Post by Skitty »

I would pretty much echo what everyone else has said, give people the option to switch between customizable and not. Although I think it would be great if they could keep drawing the normal mood and battle poses and just draw an extra paper doll pose, looks it's not going to be happening.

Offtopic: Poor Dr_Death was the best comic the NT ever had. EVER. I still have my hoard of Dr_Death advent plushies I collected in honor of that comic.
varii

Post by varii »

I'll agree with what everyone else is saying.. I'd love if the customized images were optional and we could paint our pets today and achieve the old look, and just for fun I'd like the option for 5+ pets too. It would be really nifty if TNT tied that into veteran rewards..like after being a member for 1 or 2 years you have the option to upgrade to 5 pets, then every year after that you can add one more maxing out at 10? Or something like that in order to stop people from joining, creating a zillion pets and then forgetting about it. Basically I just want all my favorite pets on one account old images or not, I'm not sure if that would technically be justice..but I'd take it. :)
sureq

Post by sureq »

1 extra pet slot for main accounts. Thats it. Even if they give the option to revert back I still would freeze all but one account and pound my pets because frankly, I have lost a lot of interest in this site that won't be won back.

However one extra pet slot means one more pet I'll keep, and I'm sure everyone would like this idea whatever the reason.
ImageImage
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I'd love to see most of these ideas implemented in some fashion or another, but something I'd really like to see that hasn't been mentioned yet is poundable Lutaris.

Looking at Vokali in his current state makes me want to cry, but I hesitate to throw him into the pound because he'll just be deleted from the site. I'd much rather give him up to someone who has been dying for a Lutari and would actually appreciate him.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I just want the option to have old pet styles back. It would be really nice if the new "once would have been a redraw" colors especially were also done with the old style of artistic thought as an alternative to only having the cookiecutter style they're foreseeably forced into from now on.