SunnyNeo Rainbow Pool

Neopets topics not covered by the other forums go here.
adi_gallia

SunnyNeo Rainbow Pool

Post by adi_gallia »

SunnyNeo Rainbow Pool

Finally, somewhere has a decent place to look at any pet we want that is converted, where I don't have to load about 1000 images at once. It is broken down by species, so I have to load 70 images or so per pet, but that is a lot quicker than any petpage I have seen so far and I think it is the first help site to offer this, which is good seeing as Neopets don't seem to be rushing to fix their own.

Looking at the urls of their links though, it appears that they use them directly from Neopets, meaning that these images could possibly change colour or species at any time.

Oh and another downside is that they don't have any pets released after customisation, since they weren't converted. But Neocolours has images of all of those, so it doesn't matter too much.
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

Oooh. We actually don't, and that was something I meant to do. One page of post-customisation pets coming up!
covet

Post by covet »

I just stopped by as I've been thinking that I should repaint some of my pets - they've been butchered by the new system and I was hoping some of the artwork might be an improvement rather than a crime.

I've looked at two pages so far and it's breaking my heart. How could they ditch all that art in favour of bland uniformity? My favourite pets have lost all the unique and neat little touches that made them my favourites. It's no wonder I've barely visited Neo in the last three months.

Sorry - I know this is probably not the place, but I was in hospital when everything changed and this is really the first time I've taken stock of the damage.

Why couldn't we just have customisable images on the pet profiles and leave the actual pets be.

Sigh.
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

{Warning, post is very boring. I have nothing better to do than go through and examine every pet. Read at your own risk!}

Oh yes, *finally*! I hadn't seen many of the converted pets yet, so.... yay?
Hmm.
I'm looking at some of these pets and I can't believe people actually chose to change them. Plushie, Darigan, Grey, Clay, Sponge and Sketch (shading? wtf?) pets got hit hard. Some colors I was really surprised to see turn out okay (well, for most of the pets). Mutant, Maraquan, Baby... I was expecting those to look as bad as the ones I just mentioned. Other redraws like Faerie, Halloween, and Tyrannian were hit and miss.

Also, I will say this up front - I am so happy they left the speckled Usul with red speckles ^_^

Okay, getting to the boring analysis...

Inconsistencies (not compared to original pets): Royalgirl Buzz is missing her ponytail, Rainbow Bruce is missing it's bow (looks *really* weird), Disco Aisha missing it's collar, Custard & Disco Chombies have green spikes (except the ones on their heads), Royalgirl Gelert missing its ears (O_o), Grey Kau missing the hair on its head,

Random changes: Orange (instead of brown) afro on Disco Bruce, wings on the Halloween Buzz (about time!), Pirate Bori's shirt going under the shell, Gold Bruce is now completely gold, Snow Chia no longer has a tophat, Maraquan Elephante missing its crest, Baby Grundo doesn't have a diaper anymore, Desert Ixi missing its collar, Tyrannian Kacheek lost its clothes, Halloween Kyrii lost the hair going down its back, and Snow Tuskaninny lost its collar

Now, in my opinion...
Devamped pets: Boris, Grarrls, Ixis, Kikos, Krawks, Lutaris, and Meercas
Improved pets: Buzz, Elephantes, Flotsams, Kacheeks, Peophins, Pteri, Tuskaninnys, Usuls, and Zafaras

Pets that make me cry: Ice Bruce, Robot Chia, Desert Cybunny, Halloween Cybunny (my poor kjuyg!), Faerie Ixi, Ghost Ixi (Noooo, coralvictoria!), Coconut Jubjub, Tyrannian Korbat, Baby Kougra, Royalgirl Krawk (not girly enough), Halloween Lupe (not a werelupe :()
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Some, not all, of the inconsistencies could be because the urls for the Neopets SunnyNeo have used are actual users pets. TNT have not made any default looking urls, apart from the new pets. The link for a Desert Moehog would have desert_moehog in it somewhere, but for pets, such as the Rainbow Bruce, replacing "desert" with "rainbow" and "moehog" with "bruce" will not show an image of a Rainbow Bruce yet.

So the Rainbow Bruce without a bow could be because the owner of that pet has decided to take the bow of their Bruce. At least that's what I think.

The plait of the Royal Girl Buzz missing and the Chomby green spikes etc. however are actual inconsistencies.

I don't agree with the Meerca being a devamp either. I used to HATE, HATE, HATE Meerca because they were almost all tail and had hardly any body to add details to. In fact Meerca, along with Flotsam, have done complete U-Turns in my estimation. I could imagine owning some kind of Meerca now.

ImageImage

I'd consider lot of Draiks to be improved. But I hope TNT comes back to my Halloween Draik and makes her look a little more angry than she does now, they did it with the Pirate Kiko.

Where Pteri improved in the old colourfill colours, the became hideous in the old, magnificent redraws they had. (Faerie/Darigan anyone?)

Whoa, sorry for making this into a customisation rant thing. I was going to comment on the Meerca being an improvement, but I tailed off from there.
gidget

Post by gidget »

lavender, I pretty much agree with both your improved and "devamped" lists. I would also add the Aisha and the Draik to the improved list.

I would also add the Halloween Moehog to the pets that make me cry list. Why oh why does it have pink eye?

Here is a Disco Aisha with her collar:

Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I also have the draik on the improved pet list - I think their basic pose is wonderful. To be honest, I STILL think the royal draik in particular looks good, and I'm trying to either convince FMD to paint her draik royal, or to get my own xD Which means.. saving up for another draik. BAH.

As a huge, HUGE bori fan, I was a bit subdued about their update, but really, it's grown on me. I wouldn't consider it an improvement, but it doesn't bother me anymore. In fact, it bothers me little enough that I've started target-zapping for faerie. The other bori redraws I think were a huge 'devamp', as we're saying, but looking at that website made me realize I like the faerie one MORE. I always wanted to like the faerie bori, and never could because of the position of its wings - practically coming out of its ass. The new one's wings are even nice and transparent - I think it's quite pretty!

I'm also adding Xweetok and Acara to that devamped pet list in my own opinion, but as far as Acara goes, apparently EVERYONE hated the revamp a few years back and I missed that, not being a member here xD The comments about thick lines and what not, I never noticed - I just thought it was very sweet looking. It probably doesn't help that my own faerie acara, Kaedn, was not grandfathered. So really, the acara THEMSELVES are okay, but the faerie is not xD

And for xweetok.. they were my favorite species. They still are. But they lost their sleek grace. I always saw them as being streamlined, quick little guys and now they look like little chubs. I like chubby animals, but still. And I'm a little miffed that SEVERAL mutant pets got 'revamped' but STILL kept their old poses and attitude --

And the mutant xweetok did not. Sigh. *pets Poe*

Ah well. This is long xD;
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

All these talks of what people consider to be revamps or devamps is making me want to set up 54 polls, to see which pets in our opinions did well and which did badly. It would indicate whether the pets were overall improved or ruined. Of course, that's just me. I am obsessed with polls and statistics for some reason. I'd be like "Wow, 65% of us like the new Tonu, no wai!!1", when most people would hardly care.

But before you all PM me saying things like "Don't be so stupid, that would be utter spam" I know it would be and I will refrain myself from making them for my own good. However interested in the results I may be. :P
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

Actually, I'd be curious, too. Poke me again once I'm done switching the site over to a db and I'll see about setting up some polls if they're straightforward. If they're done off the forum I can have a single page with all the species, rather than 54 topics.

Speaking of which, there's now a page of all the pets released since Customisation linked on both the front page and the Pet Colour section.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

I assume that I will notice when the site is switched over to a db? I'll probably forget to remind you anyway, knowing me.

But at least there is a possibility of the polls happening, which makes the poll-obsessed part of me happy. ^_^

Thanks for adding the after customisation pets, I thought we had them somewhere for some reason. Probably because I thought being on main page = being on the websites database.
FourEyes

Post by FourEyes »

Ooh, I'd be interested in that kind of statistics too. I tend to care about things that most human beings ignore. XD;; Besides, it would give me an idea of what pets other people like, and I like knowing that stuff for some reason.
...Oops. *searching for a smaller sig*
sezrin

Post by sezrin »

Just skimmed through and noticed a few point

The good things

- Smoke off the fire aisha's tale!
- Evil red eyes/expression on ghost Aisha
- Better body shap to Maraquan Aisha
- Snot Buzzes wings may now allow it to fly, lucky thing
- fire chomby has firey spines
- Ghost chomby and Kau have got more menacing expression
- Draiks are better (except plushie)
- Baby pets are more proportionate (baby draik's head is MUCH better)
- Many of the royals are less anthro. I was never a fan of the distorted anthro pets we did have (aisha's, poogles etc)
- Flotsams, Peophins and Korbats are much better drawn, but we all knew they needed a revamp
- Gelerts are nicely done, especially for haloween which seems to have had a lot effort gone into it.

The bad things

- Alien Aishais no longer bipedal :(
- Darigan Aisha (along with the Techo, Buzz and many others) is fat and looks dreadful
- Loss of droopiness of grey pets
- No spark for robert Aisha
- Blumaroo's pose (especially for fairy)
- Ice bruce just makes NO sense now.
- Island bruce no longer dancing :(
- Chokato chia has lost almost all its spots :(
- Fire elephants no longer look drunk (dumbo style). And the pose is dreadful, but I still miss them having the jewel that showed their expression
- Darigan Eyrie/ Faerie Ixi / grey jub jub / Haloween lupe/ MSPP - I always saw these as an iconic pets and can't believe they've been changed.
- Grarrls _corny_ expression
- Non floatiness of ghost Kacheek
- No stoned disco Kiko
- Darigan Krawks and Royal boy Kyrii's personalilty are gone
- Lenny's have taken up the violin
- Maraquan and Haloween Moehogs (Both pet's I'd been saving for and now look dreadful)
- The skieths "I'm gonna give it to you hard" pose
- All techo redraws, which used to all be very distinct
- Christmas Usul's hat actually scraes me
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

And I would just like to mention that the robot Cybunny STILL HAS NO CASING!

ARGH!

And it's not like I haven't told them. Every day. In two places. Since it went live.

*STAB*

Aside from that, I cannot bear, and I mean can NOT bear, any of the species with angry wing/flipper/fist o'DOOM. So a great many species are completely off the table for me now. I think I was the only person here who liked Elephantes before - and I can't bear them now (wtf? most bi-pedal pets were plopped back down onto all fours; Elephantes are made to stand and shake their fist. So much fail).

I do like the new Peophin (except for the way they butchered faerie) a lot - and the robot Peophin is probably my favorite new pet on the site. It's almost reposed - well, okay, only the head is, but in these times that counts for something.

And I can live with the new Unis, at least long enough to zap one maraquan. *sigh*

I think I'll go pester them about selling old-skool skins again. After all, it's done so much good to pester them about the missing casing. >.<
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
covet

Post by covet »

I would like to know why my male royal acara was 'grandfathered' and I am allowed to keep him as he was, wheras my female royal acara was switched to the new version without giving me a choice. I was looking for a pair of decent new royals to switch them to, but all the new versions are either shitty or wrong agewise.

I can't begin to say how sad I am about the Royal Aishas (her pretty dress! The ridiculous haircut she now has...) and the zafaras. Along with the Acaras, they were the royals I really liked. Sigh.
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

covet wrote:I would like to know why my male royal acara was 'grandfathered' and I am allowed to keep him as he was, wheras my female royal acara was switched to the new version without giving me a choice.
Jazzy had the same thing with her royal zafaras, except it was the other way around.

I was telling her yesterday that really, that's the only thing that still bothers me about all of this - why were some pets from a certain color type grandfathered, and others weren't? Why were my faerie kyrii and draik grandfathered but my faerie acara wasn't? Or my Maraquan Ixi? They should have let ALL pets of the 'redraw' color types be grandfathered.

But alas, bitching about it won't do anything, so I'm just trying to enjoy my pets.