Neopets topics not covered by the other forums go here.
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

Oh how it taunts me. I've been wanting this avatar since I first came back to Neopets three years ago. No other. Just that one. Of course, to get to that one, I have to climb over the backs of hundreds of those suckers...

Anyway, I'm now up to 290 and there are a couple more that I think I can get before next month. I know that the high scores tables reset at midnight on the 1st of the month, correct? Are things still awarded at around 4:00 in the morning? That's still the way it works, right? Also does anyone happen to know if I have an ice cube's chance in hell of getting it? Or around how many avatars I'll probably need?
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Well, last time I played, which was a few months ago, it was 12:15 am when trophies were given out. Of course it could be different now.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

Game Scoreboard Resets are tonight! If nothing has changed from last month, the scoreboards should go blank at 11:50 pm NST tonight (the 31st), and the first batch of trophies will be awarded 24 hours later, at 11:50pm of the night of August 1st.
The person currently at number 50 has 306 avatars, so I guess you'd have to get around that number.

The indepth guide on Avlog is here: http://avatar.starried.net/indepth.php?id=53
Neopets wishlists: here
Mindless

Post by Mindless »

I got it a couple of months back if I remember correctly when I had 295 or 296 avatars, so you'd need around 298 or so I would say to be in the running. It's really down to luck on whether enough people with an avatar count higher than you "send" in their score by gaining an avatar, many people forget to do it on the first night so even if your score is slightly lower than the current top 50 you may have a chance.
I would just remove and add the emo usuki avatar after the resit (shortly after midnight?) and cross your fingers. I don't think I got an event but it just added it to my list.
It was the one avatar I was aiming for too, though shortly after I got it I sort of stopped playing neopets. :P
Good luck!
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

Thanks you guys for all the tips! I guess next month is probably out of the running, but hopefully not too long. I got about 6 in the last week and a half but unfortunately I'm running out of easy ones. I am going to keep trying though.