Which "Uni's Clothing" items should become wearabl

Neopets topics not covered by the other forums go here.
nomigid15

Which "Uni's Clothing" items should become wearabl

Post by nomigid15 »

I personally would like to have the studded collar.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

If it's not new, it doesn't go in New Features. Topic moved.
Image Image
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Without a doubt, these should be the FIRST thing worked on:

ImageImageImage

I can't be the only person who excitedly bought a few of these as a wide-eyed newbie, and for nostalgic reasons plus a little bit of my own fanfictional Neopian canon (in my stories, collars = ownership), I'd love to finally put them on my pets.

The other advantage of these items (as well as the Scarf, Colourful Bruce Scarf, Aisha Scarf and Pink Earmuffs, which I'd also like to see in action) is that they would fit just about any pet. Resized, they would even look OK on baby pets, and if someone wanted to put their Mutant Bruce in a collar, I see no real problem. Roughly the same is true of Bandanas, though they might need holes for the ears. My friend Mikey once started a pirate club for his friends' young pets, in which every member had to own a Bandana. Imagine the fun if they could actually WEAR one.

Items of clothing that need room for paws and wings would be harder, and also slightly less worthwhile. Sometimes I wonder what TNT were thinking when they designed the tee-shirts. I mean, there are so many of them, yet what pet do those things actually fit? They're too skinny for a Chia, lack holes for a Scorchio's or Shoyru's wings, have the wrong number of arms (legs?) for a Ruki, would hang off a Gelert's sleek four-pawed body, look out of proportion for an Aisha's short forelegs, and would be just plain wrong on a Peophin. So who the heck is meant to wear them?

Bracelets and jewellery, though, are different. Almost every pet has SOME kind of (fore)legs/fins/odd appendages that could be used to hold bangles, mittens or socks. I personally adore the Faerie Bubble Bracelet, and would love to let my pets wear some, even if they're not actually Uni's Clothing items. Boots and shoes (upmarket ones, presumably, although it would be a dream come true if they found a way to make those fishing items vanish from the Money Tree) would be a problem only for aquatic pets, and would be another efficient way of showing off style: there are already several slipper-like items in circulation.

And one final point: Why the heck are umbrellas sold in Uni's Clothing? Shouldn't they be Gifts?
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I also want to see things like collars, earrings, necklaces, and bracelets become wearable. Maybe some scarves, things like that. These are things I might actually dress my pets in and and are seen on custom designs a lot more often than things like t-shirts, squid hats, and Grundo slippers.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

TNT have implied that they don't want collars to become wearable:
I'm loving customization and all the clothes that our Neopets can now wear. The thing is, I like to think of my Neopets as PETS instead of people, so will you be releasing some pet-type accessories, instead of all the anthropomorphic clothing? For example, I'd love a nice collar for my Kougra! ~jekyll_101

Well, Neopets really aren't full blown pets. :) For instance, they can talk and remind you why they hate visiting the Health Food shop. ;) So we don't want to make them appear too much like real life pets, with leashes and the like.
That was in NT editorial 302. So it might be that they don't do it. I think it's actually a crappy kind of excuse, because why on earth did they make the collars in the first place if it wasn't because you could have them for your pets? Besides, humans sometimes wear collar type accessories anyway, and not for kinky sex.
Neopets wishlists: here
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Speaking as an Aisha owner... I think TNT should reconsider the idea that Neopets don't wear collars. :-)
Bif

Post by Bif »

Speaking as an Aisha owner... I think TNT should reconsider the idea that Neopets don't wear collars.
Don't Ixis also wear them? And they are a more recent pet.
colettecop

Post by colettecop »

And Bruce's wear ribbons around their neck as decorative neckwear, which is what collars often are too. And if there's no ID tag there's really not much difference between a collar and a choker necklace.

IMHO some pets just don't look all that great in "people" type clothes, particularly the aquatic ones and the quadrupeds. I'd want to see some capes, jewelry, non-goofy headwear, and neckwear be wearable. :) And how about all those faerie wings? I'd love a fairy pet but sadly, the wings from the faerie PB are not removable. :(

Image Image Image
Image Image

Oh, and re: shoes on aquatic pets -- I don't know about all of them, but I previewed the NC mall shoes on my peophin, and they aren't "shoes" on her at all! They are like a little cover on her tail fin, very nice.
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

Humph. All items should become wearable for any pets that can use them eventually. Even Mutants. They can't just make them go under ears/eyes?
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
nuts_back

Post by nuts_back »

i'd love to see the 3D glasses but don't know if theres anything else i'd like to see wearable