The Neocolours Pet Chain Needs Your Help

Neopets topics not covered by the other forums go here.
Madge

The Neocolours Pet Chain Needs Your Help

Post by Madge »

G'day folks:

As those of you who play neopets may or may not know, we have a Neocolours Pet Chain, more info can be found here: http://www.neopets.com/~Spasztic. Search the forum for Neocolours Pet Chain if you want more information. This post will assume you know absolutely ALL THERE IS TO KNOW ABOUT IT.

Now, what with this whole customisation drama, TNPC is in a little bit of trouble. Especially because I don't think I've updated the bloody thing in approaching a year.

Help For Madge
I've been very busy lately, what with university, and next year is only going to be busier what with my boy toy managing to convince me to become secretary of the Atheists and Agnostics Society and me being pretty much a shoe in for president of the Computer Science Students Club, so goodness knows I won't be able to handle this in the future especially because I hear I'm meant to actually learn something rather than just be involved in clubs. I used to have a protégé whose name escapes me at the moment, it was one word and started with S I believe. That is how much I appreciated their help, I completely forgot their name. Sorry whoever you are :(. Anyway, I used to have a helper and s/he would PM me every month letting me know which pets were messed up in the chain. They were truly great and they made my life so much easier and I never properly thanked them or even remembered their damn name. I am sorry :(
I would love to have, if not one helper to do it all once every couple of months, a couple of people who would be willing to check a section of the pet chain each for breaks and all that stuff. Despite me having nothing to do with the pet chain apart from breathe life into it by doing my usual "OK no-one is taking action I guess I'd better", I have a probably unnecessary sense of entitlement that makes me want to keep control of it even though I can't handle the minuscule responsibility of checking the links cycle every month. I'd still love to have the main page on Spasztic's pet page, but if someone wants to help and move it elsewhere and thus take the non-existent glory, well, that's what's best for the pet chain.
Summary: Madge is unable to do a good job and wants someone else to do all the work while she still gets most the credit. A hypothetical helper would get a nice, glowing reference in the FAQ saying how they rode on a mighty steed when all hope was lost for poor Madge. Or you could take it from me and put it on your own petpage and have only a reference to me being a disorganised smelly Australian, and I will provide a link to it on Spasztic's webpage. My sense of entitlement isn't as strong as you'd think.

What to do in the future
We all know lots of you are like "fuck neopets, Subeta has larger pet images", and I would love to join you lot because the art is gorgeous and having a sense of influence on things like the revamps is just brilliant, but I like the complete lack of involvement I have in Neopets quite a bit. But anyway, you guys are not on Neopets, and maybe you keep your accounts, but more as a memento than a real serious pursuit. Or maybe you've abandoned all your pets. Or maybe you're waiting to. I don't know. But anyway, fact remains, probably lots of people on the Pet Chain list aren't neopets players any more. I would STILL love it if you folks would want to have your pets on the chain; if you're not visiting them often, you're not going to change their descriptions, are you? Seriously, though, the two most sentimentally valuable pets of yours, perhaps they could stay on your account and be two back-to-back links in the chain. It's the NEOCOLOURS pet chain, it transcends Neopets. Also, you probably spent lots of money on that maraquan draik, so why not have it so people can see it, even if you're not in neopets. Or, y'know, you could give the maraquan draik to someone who would love and cherish - oh wait the pound isn't working! YOU HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO DO AS I SAY :D.
Summary: Even if you quit neopets, the empty shells of your discarded neopets COULD be chain links so we have YOU, the neocolours member, as a part of our loving world.

Madge talks too much
Yes I, Madge, talk way too much and ramble on and on. So much so that I created a section devoted to this. Sorry for all my rambling, I hope you read it and were reminded of simpler times, times in which I was sick in high school and had taken altogether too much codeine. I hope the summaries will allow you to remember what my rambling was meant to say.
Summary: I talk too much

Also, anyone wanting to start a Subeta pet chain: GO AHEAD, BUT DO IT ALL BY YOURSELF. If you haven't already. Unless you want some tips, I will be happy to help.

Finally, everything I've said in here that you could interpret as being malicious, interpret it as a light-hearted sarcasm sort of joke. I'm not malicious in any way shape or form to any of you folks. Don't misinterpret anything I say, ever, because I am full of love <3.