Mutant Day Desires

Neopets topics not covered by the other forums go here.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Mutant Day Desires

Post by Nogitsune »

Mutant Day immediately follows Grundo day. I'm not sure if any more Mutant pets will be released since they seem to be avoiding the body types that can't wear clothing. Most likely they make some more mutant petpets or release more transmogrification potions. Still, I figure it wouldn't hurt to place up the remaining pets that cannot be made into mutants.

Acara Image
Chomby Image
Eyrie Image
Kau Image
Lutari Image
Nimmo Image
Ogrin Image
Peophin Image
Poogle Image
Pteri Image
Uni Image
Wocky Image

I know a lot of people were hoping for a Mutant Peophin on Peophin day. For myself I'd hope to see a Mutant Eyrie, since one of my pets would fit that pretty well. One might argue that all Lutari are now mutants since the revamp. Anyone else care to express their desires?
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Iggy

Re: Mutant Day Desires

Post by Iggy »

release more transmogrification potions
I doubt they can release more transmogrification potions, if they don't create more mutant pets.

We'll get a Mutant Ogrin, foods, Mutant backgrounds and trinkets, and perhaps petpets. The Gallion and Eizzil come to mind.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

I think what Nogitsune meands is that they could increase the chance of getting the random event for Mutant Day.

I think it would be interesting to see a mutant for any species. It's always good to see them for species with no cheaper ways of changing species, but perhaps for this reason they would prefer not to release mutants of limited edition pets.
Neopets wishlists: here
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

daisybell wrote:I think what Nogitsune meands is that they could increase the chance of getting the random event for Mutant Day.

I think it would be interesting to see a mutant for any species. It's always good to see them for species with no cheaper ways of changing species, but perhaps for this reason they would prefer not to release mutants of limited edition pets.
*nods* Yeah, what I meant was increasing the chances of getting a potion. Well I'm quite sure we won't see a Mutant Lutari. They haven't even released regular morphing potions for that species. As for the others there are transmogrification potions for the Koi and other limited edition species, I don't see why they wouldn't give it for the other species.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

MutantOgrinMutantOgrinMutantOgrinMutantOgrinMutantOgrin
Given the, em, "elusive" nature of the Lutari, I doubt we'll ever see a trans potion for them (or any sort of morphing potion). That makes me sad, because a Mutant Lutari might actually be a step up from the current monstrosity. ETA: For some reason I thought I was saying the same thing as Nogitsune.
Last edited by Officer 1BDI on 17 Aug 2008 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

Nogitsune wrote: As for the others there are transmogrification potions for the Koi and other limited edition species, I don't see why they wouldn't give it for the other species.
The main problem with releasing a transmogrification potion for a limited edition species is that it affects the market for the other species changing items a lot more than it does for unlimited ones, because people can create those. The only regular year-round way of getting a LE species is a morphing potion (or magical plushie) and so they are in higher demand. Given their reluctance to do anything about inflation of colour and species changing items, especially the more "prestigious" ones, their lack of action might be interpreted as an unwillingness to cause an upset in the market. I think they might have even said something along those lines in the NT editorial.

That's not to say that they won't, but that it could be a factor in them choosing not to- hence why I said "prefer" and not "won't".
Neopets wishlists: here
Veo

Post by Veo »

I would love a mutant Eyrie...it's really needed a mutant form for a while....*hopes*
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

daisybell wrote:
Nogitsune wrote: As for the others there are transmogrification potions for the Koi and other limited edition species, I don't see why they wouldn't give it for the other species.
The main problem with releasing a transmogrification potion for a limited edition species is that it affects the market for the other species changing items a lot more than it does for unlimited ones, because people can create those. The only regular year-round way of getting a LE species is a morphing potion (or magical plushie) and so they are in higher demand. Given their reluctance to do anything about inflation of colour and species changing items, especially the more "prestigious" ones, their lack of action might be interpreted as an unwillingness to cause an upset in the market. I think they might have even said something along those lines in the NT editorial.

That's not to say that they won't, but that it could be a factor in them choosing not to- hence why I said "prefer" and not "won't".
*nods* I understand. I was just remembering that in this week's edition of the editorial someone asked about Hidden Tower items:
Hello, TNT! *Offers confusion about my question* I was once browsing the Hidden Tower and I noticed that the Maraquan Paint Brush wasn't in there. I'm just wondering why not, since it's more expensive than all the other paint brushes there. Thanks. ~kowong
The Hidden Tower only holds select items, though with inflation as it is it does sound tempting to place a few more items in there to effectively cap the price. :-/
Personally I keep hoping that they will do something to cap the inflation on paint brushes more effectively. It shouldn't be nearly impossible to color your pet certain colors. Besides, except for the Poogle, Chomby, and Lutari I don't think any of the others are limited edition.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

*chants Peophin, Peophin, Peophin*

I'd love to be able to zap Chaffey for the rest of the species-specific paint brush clothing, but with the current cost of Peophin morphing potions I'll not be doing so in the near future.

In terms of what's likely to happen -- I wonder if they'll try redoing, or just finally releasing, that odd mutant Uni that went up on the servers a few years back?
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.