A Year As TNT

Neopets topics not covered by the other forums go here.
Rainbow Daydreamer

A Year As TNT

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

So this is something I've been wondering about other people's perspectives on.

If you were hired for a year as TNT's Idea Guy or Girl, and had to come up with things that worked but otherwise had a fairly free hand, what would your first actions be? I say a year because there are things that flat out can't be managed in a day.

Here are mine, in chronological order.

1. Implement Clearlight. (Warning: still under construction.)
2. Allow companies in countries other than the US to have their own sponsor areas and merchandise, and use the revenue from this to cover me to...
3. Cut new item and game production, and move some of the programmers and artists onto unreleased items, persistent bugs, and updating old ideas that never got into production.
4. Create a 150 NC item that allowed ONE extra pet per account, and use the money from this to...
5. Invest in new servers that would both support Key Quest et al. better, and allow for the introduction of an Unconvert option (for pets that existed preVamp). To keep the marketing team happy...
6. Create a whole bundle of items that unconverted pets could carry, sit beside, or have as background, in addition to the ones we already have.
7. Take a survey of which old site area needs updating the most (ones that weren't hit by the Revamp). Offer Neopoints for completing it. Suspension for completing it from a side account. No accounts under 2 weeks old.
8. Check survey results and brainstorm how it could be done. If it's the Battledome, this will probably take the rest of the year.
9. While I'm at it, update the About Us page. Do they realise the public's perception of them is about five years old?
10. Plug the heck out of all Neo's creative contests, not just the newer ones. Redesign the trophies and clarify the rules.
11. Create a "progress and glitch centre" for the public to check up on what TNT were doing. There would still be some secrets, of course, but we could use it to keep people clued up on what we were fixing, redrawing, and tweaking without having to play Chinese Whispers with the editorial. There is an awful lot of small polishing and fixing going on in the background that we never know about because it isn't picked up on by TNT (did you notice that some of the "Add a PIN Number" signs have been changed to "Add A PIN"? Seems to conflict with the fact that it originally stood for "Protection in Neopia", but people complained about it enough that I'm glad.)

OK, your turn. What would your year as TNT look like?
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.