Annual New Year's Goals!

Neopets topics not covered by the other forums go here.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Re: Annual New Year's Goals!

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Did I even set any goals for 2008? :/

Lessee, 2009....

* Get LD PB Kacheek clothes for Dazyrae so I can finally have my mummified Lost Desert princess.
* Get DrWilliamHorrible his scientist garb now that TNT's finally released it
* ...Find an actual reason to stay with Neopets and not abandon my accounts before the year is out.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I didn't post any this year, and my next goal will simply be a matter of waiting 2 more months. Hopefully my labbie on my main will have changed into something interesting so I can find him/her a new home and get the FFQ paint transfer done. As for other goals, those are lofty and somewhat unexpected to ever really reach, but though highly unlikely some are possible. I might actually try to do more art and do things with my pets' pages, but I'm not going to force myself into doing them because that's the surest way I won't actually do anything worthwhile I'll feel good about. :p
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Get my gallery to size 400 - 2000 items :)
WisteriaLynx
Human Avatar: 319191

Post by WisteriaLynx »

1. Have 250k in the bank by year-end. (I hate earning NP, so this would be a big deal.)
2. Type out at least some very basic profiles for all three of my pets.
3. Don't quit Neo for a third time (or if I do, don't lose my password AND abandon the email it's attached to this time ><; ).
4. Beat my real-life friend at ONE bloody game of Key Quest. *shakes fist*
Pfizzgig

Post by Pfizzgig »

(1) Successfully rearrange my pets to this or that accounts (doable, if time consuming)
(2) Fix all broken pet and user lookups (ditto)
(3) New art for the pets that need it
(4) (a) Decide upon and (b) Morph/Paint Dheja into something more appropriate than a Maraquan Techo with a broken tail.
(5) Get shop size to a respectable marketplace position (Currently 263, shooting for main!)
varii

Post by varii »

1. Finish customising Zanvi (including petpet)
2. Buy a Ripped Orange Grundo Plushie and a Broken Archery Set for my gallery
3. Even out Zanvi's stats
4. Do something with Ukyo's personality
5. Reach 275 avatars

And in that order of importance.

I didn't make a post last year, but things I feel like I've accomplished are I actually kind of battle now, I hit 250 Avatars, and I finally worked out what colour/species I wanted my 4 main pets to be and made that happen. And by the time it is actually Jan 1st, twilight will have hit 500 for intelligence, which was one of my main goals for last year. :) All in all, I feel very accomplished looking back.
rei @ neopets
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

It's that time of year so soon? :/ I feel I wrote these yesterday. I did good however :)

My 2008 goals:

- get Ocy back to 250 defense boost using Kitchen Quests alone (strength and HP I'll leave to lab ray; I have no plan on further codestone training unless codestone prices drop, or a mean for fixed price training becomes available)

Defence done - all thanks to Kitchen Quests :) On the negative side of things, codestones are affordable again but Ocy's stats have in the mean time got very wonky so I'd have to raise his level sky high before attempting training again. Undecided what I'm going to do.

- get Ghostkerbomb or possibly a better healer

I opted for a 100% freezer first thanks to advice from battlepedia boards, so these two are still on the list.

- get my avatar count to 290+ (that includes tackling several flash game avatars, NQI, Plushie Tycoon, Lenny Conundrum, Edna - Cackle! and possibly one of those nasty first of the month score board ones)

Done! (all the ones I mentioned and a few others) :) Currently at 294.

- zap a petpet into a turmac (uncoloured one)

No :( I did however got a chocolate one (and the invisible one but I don't like talking about that).

- possibly find someone with unconverted desert poogle for adoption (I don't have high hopes with that one)

Done! :D *pokes Xyletik* I did a custom plushie to get it.

- upgrade my Better Than You!! trophy to gold

Nope. Almost, but didn't.

- decide what to paint Gizd, now that camo usuls don't look as good

I adopted him out instead.

Goals for 2009:

- get Ghostkerbomb and then possibly a better healer
- get Ocy to 350 defence boost and 500 strength boost on Kitchen Quests and lab ray alone; also get over 200 move
- get at least three more avatars (get to 297)
- obtain UC grey scorchio (highly unlikely as I have nothing to offer in return)
- zap a petpet into a turmac (uncoloured one - again very unlikely)
- upgrade my Better Than You!! trophy to gold
- get Turmac Roll trophy
- get at least two trophies in my third row
- figure out what to do with my pet Cos
- draw and submit at least one comic to NT
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Paint

Post by Paint »

Didn't set any goals for 2008... but I'll set some for '09 (:

1. Make a million neopoints.
2. Following from that, save up to 2.2mil for a Maraquan Acara MP. (Or adopt a maraquan acara...)
3. Find lovely petpets for my remaining pets (Tiarann, Meriwetherby and for my eventual mara-acara).
4. At least start my chocolate-themed gallery.
5. Actually learn how to code a pet lookup/userlookup/petspage without swearing at the screen for hours.

It's going to be a long year, haha xD

Many thanks to the wonderful Tiel for the set.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

I didn't set any goals last year as I don't think I had anything and I could be bothered with putting lots of time into Neopets all over again. But thanks to the Sloth plot I got a Ylanas Blaster that I sold, to start funding stocks, and my account is just old enough for the Food Club to be worth playing, so I'm able to make NP the lazy person's way. :P Thanks to some awesome NC members I also got a Halloween Draik and a battle pet better than mine ever was, which almost makes up for my olds ones. Overall, what was looking like a gloomy start to the year on Neopets has ended up rather good one, actually.

Right, this is where I make about eleventy billion goals, of which I will achieve about one:

1. Continue zapping Zabeka until she gets to the 85 strength boost and 200HP. Then get back to zapping 4of11, the actual battler. I've become attached to him being an Ice Zombie Usul but, y'know, he should probably be a 'lab rat for life' pet.
2. Get to about 5 million NP. I want around that much in stocks, with enough NP in the bank so I can buy stocks without doing games. Then I might allow myself to start spending my NP. I like to have a nice amount lying around, I can't be doing with being broke after buying things. :P
3. If I complete my second goal I'd like to:
a) Buy another lab map and start zapping Kaus, Lennies or species that look good in Maraquan. I could probably fill accounts with each of those three things.
b) Buy a Royal PB and make Zabeka a Royal Girl Lenny.
4. Put something on my pet look-ups. I've never been great at that. I know what my pets are like in my mind, I'm just bad at letting the rest of the world know.
5. Get the lab scientist as a challenger (he hates me, I swear) or find someone I trust to make Hallowisp a female. Then see if I can use my free 100 NC to see if I can find a nice dress or skirt.
6. Start playing KeyQuest more often. If I can get PBs or lab pieces from it that can only help with my earlier goals.

I'm only stopping because I'm getting tired now and anything I was going to add would probably be unlikely to happen. I expect that this time next year I'll have only done 1, 5 and maybe 6. :)
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

Wow, I haven't made any resolutions for several years. It feels just like yesterday that I was vowing to have a carrot chia and the avatar collector avatar, but I suppose that was three years ago. :shock:

I rarely ever meet my goals but let's see here.

1. Get a nice BD weapon (Sword of Skardsden) and 100% freezer for Braedan.
2. Train Braedan's strength and defence to 200 (4.5 boost).
3. Attach damn Itchi petpetpet to Dementis' Redtail if at all possible.
4. Get the "Avatar Collector" avatar (sooooo close!).
5. TNT releases a zombie krawk for krawk day or just for fun (fingers crossed) and I like it and paint Droxin.
6. Boochi/color changing REs spare us another year.
7. Along those lines, maybe it's time to get some sort of converted boochi guard for my main account. Mara Draik, maybe? With all those NPs I'll have left over after I meet all my other goals this year?
8. Buy stocks every day.