Maraquan Elephante Hat Help

General help with pet/account decisions, galleries, CSS/HTML and so on.
Duke of Earl

Maraquan Elephante Hat Help

Post by Duke of Earl »

Hello all.

I have a maraquan elephante that has been that color since before customizations. The maraquan elephante used to have an "elephante hat". Now mine doesn't, and I can't find one that does. However Jelly Neo has the item in its database ( http://items.jellyneo.net/index.php?go= ... item=23395 ) and the female pics on neocolours have the elephante hat: http://www.neocolours.me.uk/viewpet.php ... =elephante

I tried putting a hat from a yellow elephante on my maraquan, but the item is grayed out in customization. :/

Changing gender with the lab ray scientist didn't do anything but add the eyelashes of the female.

I just got a fountain faerie quest... So holy cow, I get a chance here.

I got my maraquan elephante via the lab ray (and that was major luck in itself, because that was the exact color I wanted and it took less than a month of labbing)...

If I repaint my maraquan elephante as... maraquan... will I get the cap? What if I paint the yellow one instead? I should be able to transfer it, right?

Basically, I'm looking for any actual evidence saying yay or nay. I don't want to just guess whether I'll succeed...
Rah

Re: Maraquan Elephante Hat Help

Post by Rah »

Hmm, there were quite a few things that were lost post-customization on pets that have just started returning (baby lupe getting its scarf back, maraquan aisha getting its collar back)

If you've seen newer maraquan elephantes with the headpiece, then I'd say yes it probably would grant your elephante a headpiece if you painted it now (or zapped another elephante)

Personally, I'd neomail the team about it and see if you can't get it added to your account - I had a halloween cybunny that lost its cape in customization, but then the cape was put into my inventory when it was made available for the bunny again.
Duke of Earl

Post by Duke of Earl »

Ya... if anyone can help me find a newish maraquan elephante, that'd help :)

I've found a half dozen other ones all lacking the hat.

I'll try submitting some more bug reports... I submitted an editorial and a bug report last week before I knew that there really was a hat for maraquan elephantes.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Male maraquan elephantes don't have the hat:
http://www.neopets.com/pool/all_pb.phtm ... cies_id=11
If you paint it blue or another basic colour while it's still female, then paint it Maraquan at the pool (again female), it should have the hat. I'd recommend painting it blue, etc, first in order to make sure the image changes properly - it'll be like starting over with a new pet, but on a Maraquan it might decide "old colour Maraquan, new colour Maraquan so no change in image". If you then use the lab scientist to make it male, it ought to keep the hat.

You've got two options, really: you do this on your existing pet, or you create a new decently-named female Elephante and paint that Maraquan, take the hat (it should be usable - the yellow one doesn't work because Maraquans can only have Maraquan-only clothes) and give the pet to someone else. If it doesn't work, you do still at least have a spare Maraquan pet which you'd be able to swap with someone else for a new pet so the FFQ won't be completely wasted.
Duke of Earl

Post by Duke of Earl »

Jazzy, is there a way to verify that the females normally are given the hat? I agree with your method of change to female, paint blue, paint maraquan, and change back to male, but I don't see the female-has-hat evidence. Thanks again.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Hmm. We must have got the original female image from an actual pet (because there's no other way to get an image for a female pet), but having just googled "the maraquan elephante" not one of them has a hat, female or male. Looks like they might have broken the item at some point.
Duke of Earl

Post by Duke of Earl »

Jazzy wrote:Hmm. We must have got the original female image from an actual pet (because there's no other way to get an image for a female pet), but having just googled "the maraquan elephante" not one of them has a hat, female or male. Looks like they might have broken the item at some point.
Ya... I did see a female maraquan elephante earlier today (besides my own when I was trying gender swaps). You can see why I fret :)

Is there some way to find who was the source of the female maraquan elephante with a hat? Doesn't seem to have been from a post on these forums :/
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Unfortunately, we manually went through thousands of pet lookups and the like to get those images, so I doubt people kept records of where they came from (plus a lot of the pets we used were lab pets, because those are less likely to have been customised).

Someone has just pointed out to me on msn that other sites are using a male image with a hat, so that adds further evidence for the item having once been available and now being broken.
Duke of Earl

Post by Duke of Earl »

What's the evidence for it being broken right now? The rainbow pool image?

Are there any colors that are known to be "fixed" that are displaying wrong in the rainbow pool?

It looks like the baby elephante has a hat too, and is "broken" in the rainbow pool.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

That, and the fact that I can't find any pets with the headpiece at all - logically, at least one person would've put it back on if it was available, but none of the two dozen or so I looked at had it.
Duke of Earl

Post by Duke of Earl »

Doing some more searching, it looks like this is the case with other species too. The magma and maraquan aishas have collars, but they don't show up in the pics on Neocolours.

Darn :/

Might go robotic with this paint option... better yet I wait a bit and submit more bug reports/editorials I guess....

Thanks for the help.

Edit:
In the end, I concluded I couldn't get a maraquan hat, and so went with something completely different :D