A finished userlookup, Reoani. (Edit: Plus one for Ailiel)

General help with pet/account decisions, galleries, CSS/HTML and so on.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

A finished userlookup, Reoani. (Edit: Plus one for Ailiel)

Post by thelonetiel »

I finally finished this lookup to my satisfaction. It's of the first side account I created, Reoani.

http://www.neopets.com/userlookup.phtml?user=reoani

Alternatively, I stuck it on my DA, so I could have a permanent version accessible for posterity.

I'd love criticism, but really, I've just spent enough hours tweaking codes and graphics, I'm pretty sure for years (the original version of this was finished well before the site revamp in '07) that I thought I'd post here to show off mostly. I redoubled my efforts to finish it starting a couple weeks ago, so as to get rid of what regular Neopets images I could. And ended up making a more coherent color scheme and adding many more details in the process.

The other reason this is finished? After much trading, last week I acquired Seizelle, the final pet, a UC Faerie Peophin. I still need to work on her customization - all the good ship backgrounds are NC and I don't have any on that account right now, but otherwise I'm rather pleased.

So um. Phew.
Last edited by thelonetiel on 07 Sep 2010 04:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
invaderhorizongreen

Re: A finished userlookup, Reoani.

Post by invaderhorizongreen »

wow wonderful beyond words i should learn how to do this if i only had good enough internet for it

Post by 23639377 »

You should join the userlookup contest! Not too fancy and very neat. Lovely Krawk by the way.
(Forum set is under construction)
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

Love how clean your lookup is, Tiel. Really is a site to behold with the little details and how pretty and soothing the color scheme is. I think perhaps your main/side account links are my favorite part. Or maybe just the coherency of it all. That's not *quite* the word I'm looking for I don't think, but close enough. I do wonder though, if I got too close, would Ishudi really bite me? Shame, pretty as she is. And huzzah on finally tracking down that peophin. Goodness knows you've been trying to trade for another permie long enough.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
thelonetiel

Post by thelonetiel »

Thank you guys. =)

I did submit for spotlight, though they have some eight thousands entries before mine. I can be patient though, the more time they take, hopefully the more likely they'll let me win a second time.

Invader - Making lookups has nothing to do with your internet. It's just having good graphics programs, knowing how to use them, and then knowing CSS and HTML. Pretty easily done on dial up even, if you have the other tools and skills. Is a great thing to learn, just because a lot is transferable to real life applications too.

Yesh, I've been trading far too much trying to get more permies. Getting there slowly. Glad to have that lovely Peo though, much harder than it should've been to track down.

I still thank Huggles mentally all the time for letting me adopt Ishudi. She's marvelous (whether you pick Huggles or Ishudi to be the antecedant, still a true statement!).
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I look back upon the days when I would ponder all the minutiae of my accounts, and remember how I would always fail to follow through with all but few of my plans. I imagine it's more than just a nice feeling to have something completed, and to have done it so well. After looking through your accounts, I recall having a similar vague notion of what Ishudi was about; collecting and hording random things in a secret underwater cave. Neat.
thelonetiel

Post by thelonetiel »

While I had code on the brain, I ran into Ailiel on the Neoboards, and as sometimes happens, I was distressed to see pretty Neopets with a near basic user lookup.

So I fixed it.

I feel a bit bad that my only two major coding projects this summer were done in the same two week period but I'm also proud of both.

You're right Huggles, is such a good feeling to have something completed. Part satisfaction and part "Phew, well, don't have to mess with that anymore!" x)
Ailiel

Re: A finished userlookup, Reoani. (Edit: Plus one for Ailie

Post by Ailiel »

I really can't thank you enough, Tiel. I've really been wanting a Lost Isle lookup for ages (there aren't enough tie ins to that plot, I think) and Tiel basically read my mind, if my mind could code and edit images as beautifully as she can. I absolutely love it, it looks awesome!

And I must say again that Reoani looks amazing, I love the way you themed it to suit your pets, and how gorgeous it is while still being very functional and navigable. It's such a lovely account.

Post by 23639377 »

AWESOMENESS X 1000
(Forum set is under construction)
Witchneko

Post by Witchneko »

That's amazing; not as crazily complex as some, but it's better for it. I like it~