Steam Jacket info?

General help with pet/account decisions, galleries, CSS/HTML and so on.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Steam Jacket info?

Post by Cranberry »

I am so out of the loop when it comes to dressing Neopets. I haven't touched mine in ages. I barely play the site anymore, really. But I've decided to make one of my side account lab pets into a shadow krawk, and I want to dress him up in an elegant gear top hat, father times watch, and a steam jacket (possibly other stuff too):

Like this!

But the latter is seemingly really rare! Only two in trades and one person's asking 7 mil. Anyone know the origin and what they usually go for?

Edit: Someone on the Neoboards tells me it usually sells for between 1 and 2 mil, which sounds a little more reasonable.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Re: Steam Jacket info?

Post by Seerow »

It was a prize for the Atlas of the Ancients plot. I sold mine about a year ago for 5mill, though most of that was in items I wanted. I will say it was a bit tough finding a buyer so someone will probably be willing to haggle!
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

They're a prize from the Atlas of the Ancients plot - for completing all steps in order on the days they were released, I think, hence the rarity. (A lot of people missed out due to timezones during that plot in particular.) There are a few alternative steampunkish jackets - might they work instead? I'm thinking of the Bomber Jacket Shrug, Fancy Frock Coat, Regimental Jacket, Brown Suit Coat or Moltara Inventor Coat.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Another person tells me they were going for 6 mil, recently inflated to 10(!), but they wouldn't pay that much for one. One of the sellers wrote back to me and said they've turned down 6 mil several times and are looking for 8. Crazy. I don't like any of the other jackets nearly as much, although this would be okay. Maybe I'll wait and see what gets released in the future. I plan to zap my pet a while longer anyway.