Help me choose a new color for my eyrie!

General help with pet/account decisions, galleries, CSS/HTML and so on.

What color should Cirrus be?

Island
17%
Pirate
75%
Shadow
8%
Electric
No votes
Starry
No votes

Total votes: 24

Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Help me choose a new color for my eyrie!

Post by Cranberry »

Okay. I haven't been happy with Cirrustail, my baby eyrie, in a long time. I'd originally planned to make him faerie, if one was ever created, but that doesn't seem to be happening -- and I don't have high hopes for a nice one, anyway, if it would have to be shoved into the new pose. That said, the redrawn eyries are actually all right (at least their wings come from their shoulders), so now I like some of the colors I used to hate. I really don't know which to choose, and you guys are always so good at noticing flaws/nice things in colors, so help me out!

I have a FFQ that has been sitting around forever, so price isn't a consideration, just looks. I don't care about having the "rarest" one, either, and I can make any color fit his personality, so that's not a consideration either. And if I choose one with clothing items, I'll probably be removing them, so this is about base color only. :)

The options:

Thanks!
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I really love the Pirate Eyrie. It doesn't look bad with the revamp. And, Cap'tain Cirrustail sounds RIGHT, in my head.

And, you're right, they look better now. =)

EDIT : And damn, now, I have to chose as well, because that Pirate Eyrie is really tempting me. Really =( Not faiiiiiir.

I had my mind set on turning Uliish into a Robot Pteri and you come with your topic and you make me change my mind!!!
Last edited by Iggy on 29 Apr 2007 04:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

Personally, I'd make him Pirate. Even if you do not like the clothing, the shade is a pretty gorgeous shade of blue. I've always liked the colors they chose for Pirate pets, and I'm glad we can have tme without clothes now.

Besides that, I'd say go for the Shadow, as it also looks rather fantastic on Eyries.
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

I like the pirate one, as well. Especially if you're going to remove the clothing, the base colours (the black and the soft blue-grey) are really nice.
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

Iggy wrote: EDIT : And damn, now, I have to chose as well, because that Pirate Eyrie is really tempting me. Really =( Not faiiiiiir.

I had my mind set on turning Uliish into a Robot Pteri and you come with your topic and you make me change my mind!!!
Haha, I'm sorry! Yeah, I think the eyrie is one of the few pets that actually looks better now (aside from my poor baby one, heh).
Last edited by Cranberry on 29 Apr 2007 02:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
checkers

Post by checkers »

I'd say Island or Pirate =D
Crystal Firefly

Post by Crystal Firefly »

Wow, the redrawn Eyries *are* good. Personally I would go for Pirate. The colours seem to fit the name more than the other colours. I am intrigued by an Island Eyrie without the mane flowers though.
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

Yeah, I wondered if the flowers would come off -- I'm not sure if they do.

I couldn't stand looking at the baby eyrie anymore, so I used the FFQ to make him pirate. The medallion is not listed as a clothing item, so it wouldn't come off. He looks nice, though.

FourEyes

Post by FourEyes »

Yup, you did the right choice. ^^ Pirate Eyries actually look better now, IMO. Lucky things. :P
...Oops. *searching for a smaller sig*
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

The flowers on the Island Eyrie can not come off. Only the tail and arm bands can be removed.

And grats on the Pirate Eyrie, they are rather nice.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.