Battle pet repainting...

General help with pet/account decisions, galleries, CSS/HTML and so on.
Iggy

Battle pet repainting...

Post by Iggy »

So, I'm sending my battle pet back to the lab. He's a Robot Gnorbu at the moment, but, I start to be tired of the pet, even though the revamp doesn't look bad on them. So, if I wanted to go back to Robot Gnorbu, it wouldn't pain me.

Price doesn't matter. A 7th choice would be the Mutant Bori, which...hasn't changed much from the original, as far as I know.

ImageImageImage ImageImageImage

Maraquan Pteri was its second final form, and honestly, Pteris are awesome battle pets. It has not changed much, in fact, I consider it superior to what it used to be.

I already own a Darigan Zafara, but I cannot press the button. I just...cannot, even though I really like the wings and hair better than one the original one. I think the lack of claws bother me.

The baby Skeith is purely adorable. I loathed baby pets ESPECIALLY the old Skeith. But, he just looks like a prankster.

Maraquan Buzz is also better than all other Buzzes. It might be an alternative for my Faerie Buzz, though.

Pirate Eyrie looks purely awesome. It's a pet I always wanted to have, but the anatomy issues with the Eyrie always bugged me. This one looks fine. It might become an alternative for my Halloween Ixi, though.

And, finally, I'm one of the few who REALLY don't mind the lack of tail-standing than the revamped Blumaroos have. I have a soft-spot for Blumaroos, owning a Faerie one and all.
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Baby Skeith

Post by hebdenhippy »

Baby Skeith! That'd be so comical, this little baby in pyjamas taking down like, the Snowager, plus it has it's little fists clenched like it's going to punch you :P
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

It seems that four of them have other pets as alternatives. So I'd say it's between the Skeith and the Pteri.

I'm not really sure, the Skeith looks VERY cute now and I have to say I loathed the old one too, but this one if just amazing. I have a Maraquan Pteri myself so I don't really know what to say. Maraquan Pteri truly are a great pet, you also said that Pteri make good battle pets.

I am gonna go for the Skeith, a baby kicking ass just seems ironcically funny.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

I'd go with the Pteri or the Eyrie, although I don't like the new Eyrie wings; they look too small to bear such a large pet, even if they are placed better now.

I used to own a maraquan Buzz and I can't bear to look at them now - the clenched fist of death kills them - along with almost every other new pet on the site.

And as I'm one who can't STAND the new Blumaroos I'm going to vote against that as well - they just aren't the same without the wonderful heart-shaped foot pads. That made them so so so appealing - and now, not so much.

I still hate baby pets, now without exception since they ruined the two or three I liked before, so that's obviously not going to be my vote either. :P

So, yeah, Pteri for the win. Plus, if you get poisoned in a war it's nice to be able to heal with a worm. =D
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Kamil wrote:So, yeah, Pteri for the win. Plus, if you get poisoned in a war it's nice to be able to heal with a worm. =D
Right now, considering the fact I cannot transfer, my OTHER battle pet (AKA - The crappy 35 booster) is a Faerie Pteri. The kind of Pteri that won't be active anymore, due to the fact they RUINED the revamp.

And yes, cheap healing is going to be part of my decision. So, I'll probably morph LG into a Pteri again...

I need to stock on worms now. =)
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

I say go for the Pirate eyrie or Maraquan Pteri. I really like the wings on the eyrie. But I also say pteri because it's not a revamp
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

How many hit points do you have? If you have over 150 and can't afford a Bag of Healing Dust, a species healer is pretty much a necessity. Kacheek, gelert, and elephante have the cheapest ones, but Lenny has a not-TOO-crazily-priced one, and a 100% freezer to boot (you can usually pick up both for less than the cost of one H4000 Helmet). If you plan to be a serious battler, I'd look more closely at those species. :) Blumaroo, shoyru, peophin and uni (I think that's all) also have 50% healers, but they're hard to find and expensive.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Cranberry : What is the Peophin healer? I know for sure they have a 100% freezer, which is the Golden Peophin Harp, but, never heard of the healer.

And, my pet has 183 HP, and is level 89. However, if I manage to get seriously into battling, I might go with a Lenny, if I can manage to kick myself into restocking again.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Ah, right, they just have the freezer -- got confused there for a minute. :) It's nice, but overpriced. And yeah, you're getting into the stats where a 50% or better healer is necessary, so a Lenny would be a good choice. They managd to escape the revamp relatively unscathed, too.