Royal Krawk, but not.

General help with pet/account decisions, galleries, CSS/HTML and so on.
adi_gallia

Royal Krawk, but not.

Post by adi_gallia »

Ok, so before the revamp I wanted a Royal Girl Krawk.
ImageImageImage
Sadly, the unique poses on Royal pets have gone and they look like any other Krawk, just in a robe. I still want the Royal robe, but underneath it, she'd be just like a Blue Krawk. So I figured, why not make her a Pink Royal Krawk or a Speckled Royal Krawk?

I made myself a crappy little template so I could preview what they would look like:
Just remember she has to have a Faerie Zomutt, which acts as her little helper, who feeds her grapes and such. Which one looks the best in your opinions?
Her personality is gonna just be a typical snobbish member of Royalty, with her little flying Zomutt fetching things for her while she sits on her cushioned throne feeling important.

This goal wont be completed until a LONG way down the line, since shes my almost permenant lab pet until she gets about 200 strength points or a very high HP. But I thought I'd get the PB now.

Oh, by the way I am right in thinking that if you paint a pet Royal, then another colour they keep the robes aren't I? If not lock this.
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

Yep, you get to keep the clothes. :)

Pink does seem like the girliest color, and robes match nicely with it. The Zomutt wouldn't, though, but I think it's almost impossible to match the Zomutt with the robes, anyways.

If you do want it to match the Zomutt, even if it's just a little, white seems to work nicely with the clothes as well. And with those eyelashes, there'd be no problem with her not looking like a snob. x3
Helmcargh

Post by Helmcargh »

The white does look good, but I think the shadow works best...I like how well it makes the jewels and robe stick out (something a snobby princess would insist on!). And the bluey-purple colour of the spines (or is it hair??) matches the zomutt nicely.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

I quite like the White Krawk, it seems a bit plain, but she would fit better with the Petpet, I don't know though, I like Pink and Speckled also sticks out as a possibility, because of the White, and Green being my favourite colour. :P
phoebemittens

Post by phoebemittens »

I too was thinking White or Shadow, although yellow might be good, for a gilded princess look?

I think I'd vote for White, myself, so she can be always-pristine and fussy about keeping herself clean and elegant, and having to send out her zomutt so she doesn't get dirty, and so on. I like how the golden eyes stand out on white and the zomutt matches nicely.
rebelheart

Post by rebelheart »

I think Skunk looks best. But it's quite hard to tell with the tiny pictures :/
LΟL
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

I can't actually tell what colour it is in this image, but for a spoilt royalty look I'd go for the second from the right.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

Since the pet will be female, they'll all have the half closed eye that some of the examples you made have- the ones with that look a lot more spoilt than the ones without.

For me, the pink with red robes is ugly and clashy. White is a bit stark and the detailing on the clothes merges with the pet colour. Shadow and skunk are both nice, though, as is speckled and cloud. The stripe on skunk's face is picked up in the central stripe down the robe, I think that makes it my favourite.
Neopets wishlists: here
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

Ghost is surprisingly nice, and barring r/g/b/y should actually be among the cheapest colours available.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

rebelheart wrote:I think Skunk looks best. But it's quite hard to tell with the tiny pictures :/
The pictures are only the ones from the userlookups, I didn't scale them down or anything.
Rainbow Daydreamer wrote:I can't actually tell what colour it is in this image, but for a spoilt royalty look I'd go for the second from the right.
Cloud? or Shadow?
daisybell wrote:Since the pet will be female, they'll all have the half closed eye that some of the examples you made have- the ones with that look a lot more spoilt than the ones without.
I'm aware of that, it's just I got all the images from a petpage and I assume that the source for these images are based on peoples existing pets, so the reason there is a Male White Krawk shown and a Female Speckled Krawk is because they are just random images from there.

Ghost could work, before Royal originally came out I was going to get a Disco or Ghost Krawk.
rebelheart

Post by rebelheart »

adi_gallia wrote:
rebelheart wrote:I think Skunk looks best. But it's quite hard to tell with the tiny pictures :/
The pictures are only the ones from the userlookups, I didn't scale them down or anything.
I know. :( pets are too damn tiny now, that's it.
LΟL
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

The lookup pictures might be smaller, but the actual pictures are bigger than 150x150px. However, we can't post them because Jazzy doesn't plan to allow flash embedding. If adi_gallia had wished to post 12 150x150px images on the topic, I think the mods would have had issues with that- just as on the "my favourite pets topic", using lots of huge images is antisocial.

I just checked with my draik, and he barely fits into a 177px square. So no, the new pets are not "too damn tiny".
Neopets wishlists: here
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Inferior art, yes. So darn tiny, no.

I couldn't find a lookup Royal Krawk, anjie's wouldn't load.
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Speckled

Post by hebdenhippy »

i think the Speckled Krawk is nice, it contrasts nicely with the rbes and Speckled looks great on Krawks, they use nice shades of green on them
checkers

Post by checkers »

I'd go with Disco, that way you can have an actual Pet with colours for stuff.
Like Green hair, pink skin and terqouise makeup, whereas take brown for instance you'd have brown skin, dark brown hair and yellow makeup, not a wide range of colours really.