Help Salvaging Pets! (Img. heavy)

General help with pet/account decisions, galleries, CSS/HTML and so on.
Hoofs

Help Salvaging Pets! (Img. heavy)

Post by Hoofs »

I havent really posted anything important here it a while, just the ocasional sentance. Now that I really need help with altering some of my pets I'd figured I'd write a long meaningful post.

Meet Ourith, the hidously mutated Skunk Grarrl. Grarrls used to be one of my favorite pets on the site, the honestly looked good in any color you chose to put on them. Now they look like gigantic grinning puppy dogs. Though looking at him now everyday isnt as painful as it was in the beginning and I can even admit to myself that the teeth really don't bother me anymore. Anyhow seeing as hes the least expensive pet on my main I figured i'd spare him from having to grin everyday and morph him.

I looked though a lot of the new pets and came across the Island Chomby, I even managed to find a cheap Chomby MP and picked it up just for the hell of it. I figured if I removed all the acessories (I've never been a fan of "clothed" pets) that I would have a very nice looking chomby. Back in the day, meaning like in year 1 and 2 my main account leopardchic101 was full of Chombies. They were by far my favorite pet, then the Draik came and Ahmri changed from a speckled chomby to a 100k Purple Draik and to where he is today (Oh the old days). So to me a chomby was the most logical choice execpt I found out Island PBs are currently between 3-4 Million. Well scratch that good bye.

Then I figured I'd keep him Skunk, for old time sake and make him a Shunk Chomby. They look really nice and with the new Chomby revamp? I guess that is what you would call it, they look really good. However there are many chomby colors I'm quite fond of, actually I like all of them minus the purple. Then I figured speckled becasue of extremely old time sake. But that was Ahmri's signiture color and I couldn't do that to him. Or could I?

Then on top of this all! There are several new pets I am EXTREMELY fond of now that they have been redone. This includes pets such as the Skeith, Blumarro, and Elephante, Flotsam and Kyrii.

Image Image Image Image Image

I figured I could scratch the Kyrii, becasue I already own a Maraquan one (Temindi), though she looks a great deal different now.

My utmost splurge would be on a Plushie Chomby MP which are currently hovery around 2.2 million. I really like them and Ourith deserves something nice for his pain of the constant grin. But to be honset with you im a really big fan of no frill fill colors, such as skunk and spotted and speckled ect. Pets that look like they could exist in real life you know?

So where does this leave me??? With a really sore brain!

Below are some other colors/pet combos that I adore.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

So umm yeah and I also have Faewli a hideously mutated Cloud Bori but she is on my side account and I don't have to look at her now, but I figured I'd chose my second favorite for her.

SO what am I to do??? Help Please!
colettecop

Post by colettecop »

Quite the puzzle!

I'd probably pick the Plushie Chomby, but if you really like the "no frills" pet colors then why not just go for Skunk Chomby? They really do look nice IMHO and it would remind you of how he used to look. :) But then, most of the skunk pets look really nice now! The spotted elephante is quite nice for a more simple look too I think.

For a fancier look I'm partial to the Faerie Blumaroo or Darigan Skeith, since they doesn't look too "unnatural" and you probably wouldn't want to dress them up anyway.

Good luck with your decision! :)
Luka

Post by Luka »

Darigan and Fire Skeith are adorable :)
But Skunk, Island Chomby are not bad idea.
Good luck!
neopets: Lukeina
subeta: Lukensz
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

If you are dead cert. on making Ahmri, or is it Ourith? A Chomby then make him into a Skunk Chomby, I prefer them to Speckled.

If not I think a Speckled Elephante could work on him, for the oldest of old times sakes like you described, I prefer Speckled Elephante to Speckled Chomby.

Then for Faewli I would suggest a Skunk Chomby or a Skunk Flotsam, the Black and White colour scheme on the Flotsam appeals to me more than the old Skunk pets for some reason.
Bif

Post by Bif »

The Skunk Skeith is STUNNING. I really really like that colour and seeing as it will remind you of Ourith's original colour and you like colourfils - I think it would be a great choice.

I like your cloud Bori as she is actually - but if you don't then I think choosing your second choice for her would be best.
Hoofs

Post by Hoofs »

Thanks guys! Say hello to Ourith. Now all I need to do is update his lookup.

http://neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=Ourith

Faewli, I think will end up either the Speckled Elephante or White Flotsam.
Dachusand

Post by Dachusand »

I love the Elephantes now too. The speckled is really nice and wouldn't be expensive, a good filler pet until something better comes along for Ourith. The electric is also gorgeous. But if you were going for splurge, I would go with the plushie chomby