Questions About Royal Pets and the Changing of Gender

General help with pet/account decisions, galleries, CSS/HTML and so on.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Questions About Royal Pets and the Changing of Gender

Post by Officer 1BDI »

So... after about 20 months of keeping my former lab rat, Capillata, a Robot Acara, I've decided I'd much rather have something more organic lurking beneath that casing of hers. I went through Neocolours' database of Acara colors and decided that I really like the look of the RoyalBoy Acara, mostly because of how different its eyes are from the other Acaras (I'm also partial to that shade of blue being used; it reminds me of Grey without the fugly crying expressions it developed post-customization).

However, I really want to keep Capillata female. I have access to the lab ray scientist on the account she's on, so changing her gender isn't an issue, but I'm still confused on a couple of points that I was hoping you brilliant people could help me clarify:

1) The Eyes: Based on what I've seen from the royal pets in Jelly Neo's database, it looks like the only thing that changes when I change the gender of a royal pet (depending on the method used) is the eyes, but I'm not exactly sure how the female royal eyes will look on the male royal acara; it's not going to be [as] worth it to me if changing her gender means I end up with the royalgirl's expressions (which are really just the normal acara expressions with heavier eyelids) instead of the royalboy's expressions (...with eyelashes, I suppose). Is there ANY way I can see what a female royalboy acara looks like without having to hunt a pre-existing pet down?

2) Changing the Gender: Considering what I want to do, is fighting the lab ray scientist appropriate, or do I actually have to use the lab ray itself to change gender without changing color? I know one method only changes gender while the other actually gets you a color change and a new set of clothes, but I keep mixing them up.
Madge

Re: Questions About Royal Pets and the Changing of Gender

Post by Madge »

With regards to changing the gender, fighting the lab ray scientist can only change your gender, whilst the lab ray itself can change gender or change colour or species or a million other things.

As far as the eyes, don't quote me on this but I believe it should only add eyelashes to the royalboy expressions. Someone with greater knowledge may be more helpful with this question.
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

Lab ray scientist is your best bet. Definitely do not use lab ray to change gender.

Also, judging from this female royalboy Draik, the female eye shape is all one deal which you get with the female gender. Sorry. :(
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Well, that reeks. =( On the bright side, I can aim for a cheaper color now.

Thank you, both of you.
potclover

Post by potclover »

Since this thread isn't that old and my question applies to it I thought it would be okay to add mine on here. Just to clarify I really like the dusky reddish color of the female royal Lupe but I want it on a boy. If I change his gender then paint him royalgirl then change his gender back I will get a reddish colored Lupe with boy eyes right?
Neopets//potcloverthegreat