Reverse Petpet Match!

General help with pet/account decisions, galleries, CSS/HTML and so on.
Doubtful

Reverse Petpet Match!

Post by Doubtful »

Hey everyone! I am going to be buying a new petpet soon, and I've fallen in love with the Darblat .(Man they're cute :wink: ), any who, I really can't find a pet that matches it, or a petpepet for that matter. What do you guys think?

Darblat
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Re: Reverse Petpet Match!

Post by Kamil »

I know we no longer have the rule of 25 non-spam posts before you can ask for help with matches, but you've only posted twice, both times to ask for a match.

You never bothered replying to the people who responded to your first board, so my instinct is to lock this. I won't, for the moment. But I suggest that if you want our help you stick around a bit so we can get to know you.

As it is, no one has any idea what your goals are, what your budget is, even what kinds of pets you like - all things we'd need to know to be able to help you with your request. And the fact that you ignored the people who tried to help you with your first request, not saying if you liked their suggestions or not, does not help us know you better.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Doubtful

Post by Doubtful »

Wow. Actually, I've lurked here for a long time. Even though I've looked only twice for matches, I'm sorry, that's all I see this site for, because it's the only thing that I mainly need help with. Maybe I'll actually check out some of the other forums... Anyway, I've looked at their suggestions and actually decided on one of them, bought the petpet and it's currently sitting in my SDB. And Since you asked for my budget, I have practically an unlimited budget. I can paint Draik + Maraquan if I so dear wish. The pets I currently own are obviously, my UC Ice Bruce, I have an UC Grey Yurble, and UC Plushie Draik and a Starry Usul that is my currently lab pet. But that really does not matter since the pet I wish to match the Darblat can be anything. I'm just looking for a perfect or near perfect match. I know you guys are really good at this and I rely on this site especially for that.

Usually, if someone makes a thread, they expect a reply relevant to their question, sorry if I came off a little bit arrogant as what I think you posted is quite unnecessary and a bit rude in my opinion.... however quite true. If you wish to lock this, go on ahead, and if you think that what I'm doing is wrong, I'll leave the site. Just let me know.
uberstav

Post by uberstav »

Doubtful, I think you need to understand that everyone here aims to have a tight knit community where we all help each other out and we are certainly different from the kinds of people you would find on regular boards on neopets. When I first found neocolours I was amazed at how helpful, thoughtful and kind everyone was. These people care and WILL go out of their way for someone. Everyone is willing to help you as much as possible but to do this I think everyone here first deserves some respect.

If you want a pet/petpet matcher then I'll gladly send you a link to someone's petpage which does that for you. But if that's the only reason you come here then I do suggest you leave because that's not what this community is about. Your own words state: "That's all I see this site for". I'm sorry if I'm speaking on behalf of any moderator, but I do think a lot of people share my opinion and I felt it needed to be said.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Did our petpet-forum rules disappear when the petpet forum merged with Aesthetics? Anyone know where that went? Heh, I'll re-write something, I guess. (If anyone wants to do away with the 25 post rule, let me know--make a new board, PM me, I dunno. If no one makes an argument one way or another, I'll have to think about it on my own, and we don't want that!)

The 25-minimum-post-count rule was very useful when it was implemented, because we had a rash of people joining just to demand a match for a pet/petpet, not respond, disappear.... In a way, it feels like theft--theft of our members' time. It's rude and tiresome to have a bunch of people doing that. However, we've gotten lax about it because this section of the forum is slower. I won't lock this; anyone who has an idea about a match, please feel free to post it. But Doubtful, we have a fantastic community here--there's no reason you can't take part in it, too! NC is about community first, and petpet matching about twenty-seventh or so. ;)
Image Image