Usul's FC dailies

General help with pet/account decisions, galleries, CSS/HTML and so on.

Should I make an NC alternative Food Club bet?

Yes, I could use an alternate daily.
33%
No. If it was unsafe for Carrie, it is for you too.
7%
Maybe. But not if you have to comprimise NC's safety. Do it offsite.
47%
No. Offsite FC dailies can be Google'd, and the wrong people would find it anyway.
13%

Total votes: 15

Ailiel

Re: Usul's FC dailies

Post by Ailiel »

Yes, I couldn't agree more, Wingsrising. Exactly what I was trying to say. Letting someone onto your account WOULD be wrong; this isn't even close to that. Wingoball is an apt comparison. Also, deciding that you think something is morally wrong is good and dandy; just don't use it. But I think you need a better source than just your own moral code if you're going to proscribe it from Neocolours altogether.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

I don't have an opinion on Food Club, since I don't play Neopets anymore. I don't, however, see any reason for it to be hosted on NC, or for this to be such a big debate. Aren't the other Food Club bets simply put on petpages? Usul can do that just as easily, and you can all carry on talking about FC here as you have been doing. Jazzy didn't object to that. There doesn't seem to be any need to have Usul's actual bets posted here every day.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Exactly - I don't want a page with my name at the bottom telling people what to bet, but I have no problem at all with someone putting it elsewhere and linking to it (additionally, making pages on Neocolours which other people are allowed to edit is not trivial). Ailiel, that's precisely why I'm using my own moral code: I'm the one whose name is attached to it.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

I'm very pleased with this poll, and I've decided that I will make bets on Neo, and not NC. Even if the votes were overwhelmingly in favor of putting them here, I wouldn't have been happy knowing that the moderator thinks the concept was in poor taste.

I'll place bets on DazedBoy's page. I think I'll get rid of the high-risk tips page since I can't decide where else it should go. I'll place them right after the previous betting day, so timezones can rely on continuity. Tomorrow, I'll do a trial run and see how I feel about doing it in the present. Today's odds are pretty freakin' horrible. They're bets I wouldn't post, even if I myself made them.

On bad days like these, I place 5 bets instead of 10, and not bet max. so if it's a complete wash, you won't lose as much NP. Thanks for the input guys, I needed it.

The coding should be ready before the next betting day (Wednesday.)

DazedBoy

Edit: I made some anyway. :P I couldn't help it. I don't recommend them though. Seriously.
Last edited by Usul_Princess on 14 Jul 2009 04:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

That's really great of you! I think you made a great decision where to put it too. Everyone wins with this, even if the FC bets don't always do so. :-D
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

I've been doing my own bets for the past few days, but I've been using other's bets just to compare a little because I'm not used to it. Usul, I'll add your page to my faves. All the help and comparison of different betting strategies can only help me.

I'm not betting this next round. The odds appear to suck.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I like the idea of alternate bets. :) Or at least a guide that tells you how to figure out if the odds are good/bad (but Cranberry's post on the other thread was really helpful, although necro-ing it now wouldn't be a good idea), and how to go about with safety bets and stuff, because I get the general idea, I just can't grasp it properly right now.

But being on a petpage would be best. If you decide to stop doing it at some point, you can completely erase its existence, where if you were to post them here, it might be harder/ more inconvenient to do.