Jack-o-lanterns!

Post finished and unfinished work here for critique and appraisal.
Ailiel

Jack-o-lanterns!

Post by Ailiel »

My title kind of supposes that someone else will post their carvings too, because so far my efforts this year have yielded just one 'kin. I will be carving like a fool tomorrow. Here's mine:

Anyone else care to take part in a virtual Trick or Treat? :)

EDIT: Here are the other pumpkins in our Halloween display. Keep in mind they were taken tonight (Monday) so there's been some decomposing in the Florida sun the past two days.

My True Blood pumpkin, Sookie and Eric.

My Mom's pumpkin king carving. This was a pattern from Zombie Pumpkins.

My sister's pumpkin, also from a Zombie Pumpkins pattern.
Last edited by Ailiel on 03 Nov 2009 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Enriana
Human Avatar: 155464

Re: Jack-o-lanterns!

Post by Enriana »

It took a moment for my eyes to realize what they were seeing, but once they did - wow! You did a fanTAStic job!! It's so cooool.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

I've got my own thread going so I won't clog up yours, but I will say that yours is fantastic! I really like the different shading levels. it's got going on.

My status for the night is two complete, one maybe about 1/4th of the way done, I've just got to shade it and cut it out now, and I'm confident that I can get to my fourth one as well. Then tomorrow I've got 7 lined up and ready for carving, and I should be able to finish them in good time because none of them will be shaded.

I also managed to give away my stash of pumpkin seeds to everyone who came to my party! Except now I've got more to bake :(

Update: So almost 4 hours later, Pumpkin #3 is done, and it is the greatest fucking pumpkin I have ever carved in my life. It took nearly 6 hours, but I don't care. It is my masterpiece.
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

Thanks guys! Your pumpkins are amazing, Joey. I love looking at your pictures every year. I can't wait to see the rest you did this year!

I'm about to add a few more to my post.