My version of the Chocolate Elephante

Post finished and unfinished work here for critique and appraisal.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

My version of the Chocolate Elephante

Post by Nogitsune »

I could take the laziness of that pet no longer.

Not quite TNT work, but I'm pleased.
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
MeZergy

Re: My version of the Chocolate Elephante

Post by MeZergy »

Waffle ears! D'aaaaawwwwwwwwww :3
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

The ears are great! + I love the other decorative squiggles. That's totally all it would take to move this colour from blah to cute for the elephante.

P.S. Really nice job rendering it so well, it looks real :D
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

MeZergy wrote:Waffle ears! D'aaaaawwwwwwwwww :3
The waffle effect was hard to get just right, so I'm glad you like! :)
Larkspurlane wrote:The ears are great! + I love the other decorative squiggles. That's totally all it would take to move this colour from blah to cute for the elephante.

P.S. Really nice job rendering it so well, it looks real :D
Thanks a lot! :D I'm really baffled that TNT didn't even try to put squiggles on them at least.
Felid

Post by Felid »

Nogitsune wrote:I could take the laziness of that pet no longer.

Not quite TNT work, but I'm pleased.
That's some great work - those ears are a real winner, and giving it white chocolate nails makes such a crucial difference too...TNT should employ you this instant!
Jax
Human Avatar: 475124

Post by Jax »

I LOVE it <3 Ugh, if this had been released I'd have been so tempted to zap for it :(

The waffle effect in the ears is love, and you pulled it off very well. And the little squiggle on the arm is a great touch without making it look crowded, and you left just the right amount of emptiness <3 Perfect!
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

Felid wrote:That's some great work - those ears are a real winner, and giving it white chocolate nails makes such a crucial difference too...TNT should employ you this instant!
Thank you very much! I'm actually more a writer than an artist, which may be a sad statement about the art on this pet...

Jax wrote:I LOVE it <3 Ugh, if this had been released I'd have been so tempted to zap for it :(

The waffle effect in the ears is love, and you pulled it off very well. And the little squiggle on the arm is a great touch without making it look crowded, and you left just the right amount of emptiness <3 Perfect!
Thanks! I'm really glad everyone likes the ears, they were the toughest to do. I dislike pets that look too crowded, so I'm glad that I managed the balance of space and emptiness well.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Much much better! I love how white (chocolate) toes balance it out. Also, ears and squiggles looks expertly done to me =)
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Faun

Post by Faun »

Oh wow. This is so much better. the ears are love! And the toes and squiggles are so cute!
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Yes, that's a lot better! Still not a pet I'd find particularly desirable, but the extra touches offset the cut-and-paste hairdo and would've shown some effort had been expended. For me those features would've turned it from lazy to competent. And presumably at not a vast expense of extra time.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

Kantark wrote:Yes, that's a lot better! Still not a pet I'd find particularly desirable, but the extra touches offset the cut-and-paste hairdo and would've shown some effort had been expended. For me those features would've turned it from lazy to competent. And presumably at not a vast expense of extra time.
First, thank you (and Zebru and fluffy-emo-wolf)! Second, I have an idea for even how to redo the head so it's both true to the colour but also in keeping with other Elephantes. Finally, no, this did not take much time to do - not even the waffle ears. At most it took an hour or so for everything. There's just no excuse for the TNT one unless they've fired most of their artists or have them working on other projects.