Larkspurlane's art thread

Post finished and unfinished work here for critique and appraisal.
Larkspurlane

Larkspurlane's art thread

Post by Larkspurlane »

Yes! I will have somewhere to spam art that isn't the A&ToW thread. :D

1st of May today -- I got to transfer over Lanierenna the UC faerie peophin. I feel very lucky, I got her for "only" a krawk custom. I'm not sure about her petpet match, the colour is perfect but I would kind of like something with a bit more $$punch$$. But the petpet is aged. Hm. Changed its name to something pretty anyway.

I need to incorporate this into a lookup for her but I'm too lazy right now. I like the pic though -- it was extremely peaceful to draw. I was trying to go for a painterly look, dunno how much I succeeded, I think the blotchy bkg might look a bit cheesy -- I might just airbrush it smooth later.

Extreme dorkery coming up: I painted this while listening to the music on my hairdresser's website. HAHAHA OKAY :(
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Usul_Princess

Re: Larkspurlane's art thread

Post by Usul_Princess »

Drool-inducing art as always. Yeah, I can see why you don't want to remove the Tanizard. You'd probably be first in line for a PPL trophy, but if you don't feel like you'll kick yourself later for removing it, the most common combination (almost to the point where its cliché) is a faerie searex.

ImageImage

The colors/pose match it beautifully, and pretty much, no other faerie comes close. Plus, you already have a faerie peo. I wouldn't go for any petpet other than faerie, which will cost you at least 500K.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Fury

Post by Fury »

Your art is always so beautiful! I admire it all the time. :D

I take it you must do something with art for a living?
Madge

Post by Madge »

Tanizards are very old petpets so I wouldn't really think it would get much in the way of PPL prizes, unless you painted it a different colour.

My UC faerie Peophin, Ash, has a Maraquan Quetzal:

ImageImage

I personally didn't go with the searex since it is, indeed, so overused. Plus the colours are just ever so slightly off and I get bugged by that sort of thing.

See how they look together in a lookup setting: http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=Ash
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

I've told you this before, but it bears repeating: WHOMG, THAT'S AMAZING. 0_0

Except, I feel like I should whisper it, because she is so ethereal and looks so very dainty, and I just know no one ever raises their voice when she's near. I love how small and refined her muzzle is; she reminds me a lovely, lovely thoroughbred I knew, back in the day. And then there are the flowers, and the pearls, and gah.

Words fail. Picture pretty. Kamil go stare more now. x.x
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Madge

Post by Madge »

OMG I didn't even notice the pearls in the hair until you pointed them out! They're lovely! And the way the hair melds seamlessly into the white crests on the top of the water.... stop making us jealous, Lark.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Another beautiful picture, Lark! Congrats on the comic this week, too - it made me chuckle :-)
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Thank you for the compliments on the pic! :D I was trying to make her really ethereal looking, because in a way she's my only real "faerie" faerie (light pinks and mauves and whites). I can use her to make inexcusably girly pics. Pearls and flowers and pantene pro-v hair... :D

& re: the petpet match, I do love the searex but I agree that it's almost cliche. The mara quetzal is gorgeous (love transparent finnage... sighh). I was thinking, if I want to go big, maybe faerie kad or snowickle, I've always wanted to own them and never had the opportunity. But they won't be able to join her underwater. *thinks*

I'm off to the US to do some research until Thursday, but I might be getting on with wireless.
Larkspurlane @ neo
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Fury wrote:Your art is always so beautiful! I admire it all the time. :D

I take it you must do something with art for a living?
Oops I forgot to answer this. Thank you!! I love yours too, love bird art & that falcon/hawk on your lookup is totally wicked!

I freelance illustrate when interesting projects are offered to me -- but IRL I have a boring office job hahaha. I've been painting digitally as a hobby since I was 12 & discovered the wonders of Paint & a laptop touchpad... & now I'm 23 and it's a "serious" hobby. Not serious enough for me to buy myself a Cintiq, unfortunately.
Larkspurlane @ neo
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

I got my UC faerie ixi! Vienayla is her name. Took a pirate krawk custom (x2, because I lost the first one in a glitch -- though TNT later returned the glitched one!) to get her, as well as a lengthy three-way trade process.

This looks like shit on my laptop screen, totally washed out and you can't even see the silhouetted forest behind her. Mff. Imagine it's a pretty shade of mauve.

I'm a geek, I seem to depart further and further from the actual "neopet" aspect of these creatures as I go. Does are prettier and less squishfaced, so there.
Larkspurlane @ neo
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Oh, wow. She's so, so soft! I love the concentrations of color on her ear tips and nose and around her eyes. So pretty.
Image Image
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

Oh my goodness, I am discovering two gorgeous pictures at once! I don't know which one to gaze at for hours first... :P

They are both incredible. I love all the purple and lavender shades. Purple is my best color and you've used it to great effect with these. I love the hair on the peophin, it seems so delicate and shimmery and mystical, like it could be used in an elixir to wake sleeping princesses or something.

Also congrats on the pet trades working out, and especially the conclusion of the krawk snafu. Well done.
Faun

Post by Faun »

Both of these pictures are beautiful, lark! the faerie peophin is lovely, the hair and the colours are amazng. the Ixi, I just want to give it a hug! The fur looks so soft and pretty. congrats on these beautiful pets and amazing art!
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

Love how soft her fur looks. Could get lost in the fluffy inside her ears or on her neck especially. Such pretty eyes too.

I'm curious though, does she have wings like a neopets version of a faerie ixi? I can't imagine if she'd be more pretty with or without if you ever drew an image with the rest of her body in it.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Thank you guys!! Thanks especially for the comments on her fur, I had ridiculous amounts of fun making her fluffy.
I love the hair on the peophin, it seems so delicate and shimmery and mystical, like it could be used in an elixir to wake sleeping princesses or something.
I totally love this idea! :D

As for whether or not she has wings, I have *no* clue, same with Lanierenna -- when I do wings I try to make them look like they could at least partially support the creature in flight (like Laenane's) -- but both the ixi and the peo have those wafer-thin wings that are really more decorative than anything. I'd have to think about it. Winged deer. Hmm.
Spoiler: open/close
ImageImage
"I love Winter, my Faerie Snowickle"

I splurged, whee. Those 'wickles are too darn cute.
Larkspurlane @ neo