2-colour art request for t-shirt?

Post finished and unfinished work here for critique and appraisal.
Madge

2-colour art request for t-shirt?

Post by Madge »

Hey folks

I'm in a computer science club at my university and we need a t-shirt design. I came up with an idea, the only problem is I can't fucking draw at all.

The thing is, if I don't have something that looks nice we'll end up having to use this shitty thing some guy drew because it's better than nothing. It's really bad. Trust me on that. It's a little cartoon dude with an angry cartoon computer, generic and doesn't relate to the club.

Here's my attempt:

Wondering if any of you want to work to make it neat and have straight lines? it would be mighty cool if you did. if you do it and it actually gets made into a shirt the club will send you one for FREE. Plus we'll all wear it. And you can sign it as long as it's nice and little and unobtrusive. no urls though, I don't know if that would get past the president (feel free to try if it's really awesome).

Anyawy, here's thei mportant things:
- Needs to look like a food pyramid
- Don't add or subtract any of the things!
- each box has something that is of the type of 'food'
- the foods are as follows:
MSG - cup noodles - I called them "Nudels" because it's funny
Fat - chocolates, om nom nom! Omg I should've said icecream as well. Could you also draw an icecream? That would be awesome. I said "venus" because it's a pun on "mars". we have two types of icecream we sell, those conical ones like cornettos right? we have cornettos and we also have trumpets.
Sugar - we have coke and I guess chocolate as well? write "screaming soda" on one of them and maybe "null" on another. that would be funny!!!! thx
Caffiene - I drew coffee and an engergy drink! the energy drink is "W" because it's like "V". "V" is an engergy drink, haha.

IT MUST HAVE ONLY TWO COLOURS, RED BACKGROUND AND WHITE FOREGROUND. We ain't made of money here guyz.

ALSO I AM REALLY SICK RIGHT NOW GUYZ SO THAT IS WHY I AM LIKE THIS

shit, nobody is going to understand this much less halp are they :(. oh well. thanks anyway guys!
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Re: 2-colour art request for t-shirt?

Post by TCStarwind »

Here's my attempt. I was never particularly good at drawing objects, so I hope it's not too crappy. I'd post the image itself, but it's way big, so I'll just link you. I also did a black and white image, just in case.

Red
B&W

I just realized I forgot the ice cream. o_o I'll go fix that.

Edit: And we have ice cream. 8D

Red
B&W
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I just have to say that "caffeine" is how it's spelt ;)
Madge

Post by Madge »

SCREW YOU JAZZY YOU ARE NOT THE BOSS OF ME

also, OMG TCS, you are like the awesome! That is brilliant! Some tweaking of the spelling of caffeine and probably the sizes of the words would likely need to be done before it was made into a shirt, but this is in excess of my wildest dreams! (If there's a raw file you can upload, we can probably do said tweaking on our own, too)

I hope that it manages to win, it is late to the competition so I'm not sure how it 'll fare given there's 12 hours of voting left and my terrible attempt has inspired at least 1 other half-decent attempt at art.

In any event, thankyoutahnkyouthankyou! I knew you crazy forumites would come through for me!

And yes, red and white are the club's colours - red shirts, white text.
TCStarwind

Post by TCStarwind »

I'll have to email you the file, then. Photobucket's not letting me upload a photoshop file. :( But here's a version with caffeine (and hopefully everything else) spelled right. 8D
Madge

Post by Madge »

Photobucket can be evil, can't it?

My email address is madgech@gmail.com

Thanks again! I'm really hoping it will win the competition, but there's at least one other acceptable shirt design so maybe not.
TCStarwind

Post by TCStarwind »

I sent it. Kinda a while ago. It only occurred to me now that maybe I should post here or something. o_o