Art bragging and sharing

Post finished and unfinished work here for critique and appraisal.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Art bragging and sharing

Post by Jessi »

So I asked Ty if she thought this would be a good idea for a topic, and she said she indeed thought it would be! So I decided I'd go ahead and get it started, maybe breathe some interesting new life into the art subforum, too :3

A lot of us get commissioned art or gift art, and there isn't really a good place to show it off on NC! Sometimes we post it to AATOW (at least in the Subeta section) but I think it'd be great to have a good place to share it - especially if it doesn't fit in a specific section!

A few guidelines:
1) This thread is for posting art you receive as commissions, trades, or gifts only! It is NOT for posting art you draw!
2) Please mention the artist that drew your picture, especially if it was a commission! Not only is it good to share credit, but some of the best ways to find great artists to commission is to get recommendations from other people that have bought their art =)
3) I've been told by a mod that spoiler tags are NOT necessary on this thread, since it is clearly for showing off art! If it really becomes an issue, we can always change it later, but.. yes, for now! No spoiler tags!

So to start off, I want to show off my inspiration for making this thread! My awesome friend Caleb (Icarus on Subeta, a lot of people know him!) commissioned one of my favorite artists, ehcs on DeviantArt, to draw my beloved character Leif for me! It was a complete surprise and the picture came out SO gorgeous, I just had to share it!

I am hoping to get a new pet profile coded for Leif on Subeta using this picture because gah, it is SO gorgeous! I commissioned her myself for a piece and as soon as I get it I'll be running here to share xD
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Re: Art bragging and sharing

Post by Alicorn »

Oh, such a cool idea Jessi! I love it. :3

That's such a yummy picture of Leif! I love the way his hair was done and the swirl in the smoke. It's all lovely.

I have some art to show off! I recently had a chibi done of my pet/character Scythe.
He turned out so cute. I'm so happy with it. Though he's not very happy with it. XD It's done by Raichu (on Subeta).
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I have art!

Hagane did this overlay of my robot-building, world-domination-plotting wyllop, Vilao:

Keshi did an overlay of my angelic paralix, Volar. It's too big to post -- click here. She also did this chibi of my real-life dogs, Crystal and Casper:

My friend Roxy gifted me with this Mini chibi of one of my favorite HAs:

And I have older pieces by Rah (nightmare pherret Visla, who won the pet spotlight today!) and Keshi (nightmare telenine Ketna). I'm also part of a big Pieart commission from a couple of years ago. That's all the art I've collected so far!
Faun

Post by Faun »

This is an awesome idea. ;) I don't have any art of my Subeta pets yet, and this thread has reminded me to draw some.
Here are some pictures of my character Esmerelda. The first one is by Poppy (Aroisha on DA) and the second one is by Bolt. :P
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Goldenchaos did this of Rakshasa, my necromancer who's too young to understand the difference between dead and alive:

It is currently my favorite thing everrrr. ^_^
Image Image
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Such pretty art. *_*

I've only requested a couple of commissions for my pets, but they both came out fantastic. I own two Sheetas based on two characters from the Ace Attorney series, and I noticed that several other users with AA fanpets had art done by SoraNoRyu. I was very fortunate to catch her when she still and commission slots open and she did these two pieces of lineart for me:

(Thumbnail'd because OMG huge.)

I'm usually not a big fan of clothed pets but I think she struck just the right balance with these two. I wish I had more definite designs set for my other pets because I'd commission her work again in a heartbeat.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

That Rakshasa picture is the cutest thing I've ever seen, ever. I think I'm getting cavities.
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

I have new art that I absolutely must show off xD

One of my favorite artists to commission ever is PiranhaPettingZoo who does incredible pet overlays and incredible humans. Back in November, she did this amazing picture of Leif for me, and then in December she did one of Leif and Zygs that came out so wonderful!

After that, Linds and I decided we had to get her to do a picture of our characters Fen and Walnut, and I mailed her about a month ago with the details. I was totally surprised and psyched to see this beautiful picture in my inbox today after work xD (click for the full size, it is HUGE but gorgeous!)

Ahh it came out SO perfect xDDD I just love her art so much, I need to save up for more xD
Kari

Post by Kari »

I'll just put the dA link here since it's a big picture, but my friend Riss did this commission for me of one of my characters: ria for kariohki. I'm so in love with this picture.
derp
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

I commissioned Hearts on Subeta (Maygikal on DA) to draw Saku decorating Ty's Deschain with bows and ribbons as a gift and she did a super amazing job XD

Too cute for words XD
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Haha that is adorable Jessi! I love Hearts style like that. She did an overlay for my pet Puzzle as well and it turned out as adorable as you could expect. She's so fast too!

Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

Jazzy wrote:That Rakshasa picture is the cutest thing I've ever seen, ever. I think I'm getting cavities.
Seconded, it's so cute! :D

Anyways, I don't have any Neo/Subeta art to show off, but I do have these two pictures of two of my Aftermathzone characters, by Tib :D I'll link to them, since they're pretty big: Ebony and OTK.

Lots of awesome art in this thread :D.
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

Delayed response, but that is the cutest Rakshasa ever. I lovelovelove it. It makes me want to start commissioning more art for my pets. It's funny, I did a lot of art-collecting for my Neopets, but I haven't done that on Subeta.
ARTart

Post by ARTart »

Just gonna leave this here for you all.
**edit

wasn't ready for prime time.
Last edited by ARTart on 28 Apr 2011 02:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Huh. A badass shoyru. Who'd have thought.
Image Image