Avatar/signature size limits and related rules

Post finished and unfinished work here for critique and appraisal.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Avatar/signature size limits and related rules

Post by AngharadTy »

120px high
100px wide
25kb in size

Signatures have to be below:
150px high
500px wide
100kb in size

Those numbers are in total, not limits for each image. That is--your entire signature, no matter how many images are in it, can be no longer than 500 pixels wide.

To learn about the dimensions of a web image, right-click it and select the properties option.

Also, we will now ask people to remove avatar/signatures with excessive animation. Please note that "Neopets fun images" are quite often too flashy to politely use here. If in doubt, feel free to PM a mod and ask if it is too flashy--we will not bite your head off, promise!

Please note: Do NOT use Imageshack to host your set. Its load time is too slow and can cause the forum's pages to lag in opening, or even freeze. We will PM anyone we notice using Imageshack as a host for their set.

-----------------------------------------------------

Discuss if need be.

I'm going to put forth that an exception be made for flamingoes that already exist in signatures, and those only. It's a sort of grandfather clause, because they were created during the chaos of the temporary forums, and now that we have regular rules again, they still exist. So those of you who already have flamingoes are lucky.
Last edited by AngharadTy on 05 Dec 2006 05:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image
Figment
Girl Anachronism

Post by Figment »

Can I also strongly encourage people not to use overtly animated avatars and signatures? A inoffensive fading or firefly animation would probably be fine, but neopets fun images, small movies, etc. are just obnoxious.
TCD

Post by TCD »

So, would my signature obnoxious? Especially if I added another section of userbars? If it is, I can change it back to something different until I get a new one.
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

The Cheshire Dragon wrote:So, would my signature obnoxious? Especially if I added another section of userbars? If it is, I can change it back to something different until I get a new one.
I think yours would be better if you could slow down the changing. If it was slowish, I wouldn't notice it at all.
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
TCD

Post by TCD »

Illuen wrote:
The Cheshire Dragon wrote:So, would my signature obnoxious? Especially if I added another section of userbars? If it is, I can change it back to something different until I get a new one.
I think yours would be better if you could slow down the changing. If it was slowish, I wouldn't notice it at all.
I thought it was pretty slow already, but I see what you mean. Can't change the speed right now, but I can when I get home.
FaerieInGrey

Post by FaerieInGrey »

roger9614462 wrote:Does the entire signature (text, links, pics) needs to be 150 px, or only the picture?
Question seconded. I tried to make mine fit, but I think that's as small as I can reasonably make the link. Is slightly over the limit with text ok?
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

*goes to put penguinflamingo out of its misery*
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Yeah, a couple pixels extra because of text is fine, no worries. What we mainly want to prevent are signatures that have

line of text

line of text

line of text

...that kind of thing. I've had to PM people about signatures like that, an' I don't like to. I feel like a dictator then.
Image Image
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

DamionDarkheart wrote:*goes to put penguinflamingo out of it's misery*
You don't have to, your penguin, like mine, got grandfather'd because of the forum move.

*likes the penguin flamingo, would hate to see it die*
Last edited by Kamil on 15 Feb 2007 02:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zap

Post by Zap »

I don't know, but do you think you could get rid of the little 'trial version' box on the left, or ask someone to crop it off with their program when you make your new sig?

I have Animation Shop 3, so I could do that too...
Figment
Girl Anachronism

Post by Figment »

Borderline obnoxious, I think, if just for the hideous pixelization of the colours. Why not spend some time with a graphics program and make it into one single, nonanimated sig? You could do it in neopets avatar-sized squares, and put it together like a quilt. If you used a smaller pixel font, you could probably still even fit in all of the text.
TCD

Post by TCD »

Thing is, those userbars were made by one of the Jack forumites, and those are the size/shape/colors they come in. I only have paint back on my computer, any computer I have access to, actually, and that was the best I could do with them.

Not an issue, I'll just change my sig. ^^
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

It's a very lovely sig now, TCD.
Image Image
drablyar

Post by drablyar »

Umm... is my avatar too animated? It's quite small, but if it annoys anyone I'll change it :)
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

It seems fine. The animation doesn't take up much space, and it's slow.
Image Image