Joey's 2011 Pumpkin Thread [Updated: 10/24]

Post finished and unfinished work here for critique and appraisal.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Re: Joey's 2011 Pumpkin Thread [Updated: 10/9]

Post by Joey »

I'd seen that! Cool that it's so popular, boo that he didn't bother to credit me. Anyone know how tumblr works so I can ask the guy to credit me? Is it even possible to edit posts? I know nothing of tumblr other then that it got me started on my pokemon BL collection...
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

If you're logged in on tumblr, use his ask link--looks like a blue question mark on his page--and send him a question about adding a credit line. You can edit posts, but I dunno how it shows up on previous reblogs.
Image Image
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod

Post by Joey »

Oooh, thanks! I asked, and hopefully he'll comply. One of my friends reblogged it with my DA link, but I'm not sure how far that's spread.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod

Post by Joey »

I'm procrastinating, lalala... double post for more pumpkins!

So the weekend before last sucked, I was all burnt out so I only managed to carve one pumpkin, and it didn't turn out as cool as I had hoped.
The cutie marks of the Mane 6 of MLP:FiM. It's pretty awesome, but there's a lot of things I would have done differently if I had a do-over.

Then this last weekend I came back in full force! Or as much as I could between Quidditch practice, an exam, loosing my school ID, waiting on my friend to finish a pattern, and buying all my Halloween pumpkins. Still...
Kyubey, from Puella Magi Madoka Magica. Probably one of the creepier pumpkins I've made, he stares into your soul.
Then a Hylian Shield from Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. For some reason it's ridiculously popular on DA. It's already my third most popular from this season, and it's only been up for two days. It's also nearly as popular as my Link pumpkin from a few years back, which just pisses me off.
And finally my favorite from the weekend, and the entire season so far. It's Spook, from the Mistborn trilogy. It incorporates a lot of the imagery from the books, but I'm too lazy to explain it all. This was the pattern I was waiting on my friend for, she has drawing skills so I pitched the idea to her and she drew it all out. I am in love with this thing, I want it to live in my fridge forever, even though it is huge and takes up all the space.

So I don't think that guy on tumblr is going to give me credit. Now I don't feel bad in saying he's a jerk. But I've been getting other features that do properly credit me, so I'm not feeling too bummed about it.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Re: Joey's 2011 Pumpkin Thread [Updated: 10/24]

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

*gawks at the 20% cooler awesomeness* Sorry for the one-liner, but it needed to be said.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I haven't yet posted to say how awesome your carvings are (although I have been following this thread and THINKING how awesome they are).

So now consider yourself officially notified that your carvings are awesome. :-)

That last one is especially fantastic.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I think I saw your charizard (without credit of course) in the pumpkin gallery at the WIN site. (part of the cat eats cheesburger site-a-ma-thingy). Have you considered watermarking them with your website adress?
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod

Post by Joey »

Yeah, I saw it there too. At this point, they've been released onto the internet so long that anything I did now would be futile, I think. I've got my signature carved into all of my originals, so I feel pretty covered. One of the other Cheezburger sites posted my pumpkins as well, and they did give proper credit after some prodding.

More awesomely, Brandon Sanderson blogged about my Mistborn pattern, which has just about made my life :D http://brandonsanderson.com/blog/1028/H ... nd-Updates

I also won first place in a carving contest for the first time, with my Twilight Sparkle carving! It was a smaller contest, but I did beat out a sculpted pumpkin which makes me super happy.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Cool, congrats!

And i just got pointed to the WIN site by another friend who i know by MLP fandom (she's not a NC'er), so here's the link:
http://wins.failblog.org/2011/10/26/epi ... dture-win/

Which Joey has already seen of course, hehe. So yes, these are getting some well-deserved notice.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Fjorab_Teke wrote:Cool, congrats!

And i just got pointed to the WIN site by another friend who i know by MLP fandom (she's not a NC'er), so here's the link:
http://wins.failblog.org/2011/10/26/epi ... dture-win/

Which Joey has already seen of course, hehe. So yes, these are getting some well-deserved notice.
Heh. I liked the comment, "Gourd to catch them all."
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

As always, I love all your pumpkins Joey! I look forward every year to see what you come up with. You are the pumpkin queen! **bows** I just adore your fire ponies and jolteon. :3
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel