Alice's Art

Post finished and unfinished work here for critique and appraisal.
Fury

Alice's Art

Post by Fury »

I've got back into drawing again and wanted to share my scribblings with you all!

I'm playing around with a few different styles and mediums at the moment so hopefully you'll find the diversity fun. The main subjects do tend to be birds though, hur.

"Whatcha' Doin'?" Cockatiel illustration
Spoiler: open/close
Channel Billed Toucan illustration
Origami crane illustration
Yamato - Wacom Bamboo + Photoshop
Cockatiel - Wacom Bamboo + Photoshop
I got a Wacom Bamboo tablet for my birthday and I love it! I'm quite pleased with the Cockatiel (last one) that I've just finished.

I'd love to hear your feedback!
Larkspurlane

Re: Alice's Art

Post by Larkspurlane »

Eee, I love birds! These are lovely :D and they definitely demonstrate an impressive mastery of different styles and mediums. Yamato looks like he just heard a really bad pun -- great expression.

My fave is definitely the last cockatiel with his shiny eye.

I also have a bamboo tablet & they're great, they can really take a beating in terms of use and are a decent size.
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Fury

Post by Fury »

Aww thank you for the lovely comments Lark! I really appreciate it. :D

I'm glad there's another birdy geek around here because I just love them, ha.

What sort of Wacom tablet do you have? Your art is always so beautiful, I feel I need to master some more patience and better techniques when I look at your work!
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

Great work! You've captured the species well. (Birds are gorgeous - I own a Diamond Dove myself.)
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

I just have a wacom bamboo fun, nothing special. (One day when I'm rich I want a Cintiq, but that is not this day...)

I think your techniques look good! I remember seeing a bigger version of your av pic (on your lookup at some point?) and was like "@_@" at the detail. I personally have issues with rendering feathers in a way I like, some people paint them so naturally and I think mine look stiff and weird. Love birds, don't love their textures...

I WANT A DOVE! They are so pretty and the sounds they make are adorable. I would call it Feathers McFluff.
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Fury

Post by Fury »

Thank you both very much!
I'd love a Cintiq too Lark... ugh, they look so incredible!

Doves are beautiful! The pet shop in town had some for a while and I was captivated by them. I'd like to draw some soon.

Just drew this:
Minnie Castavet from Rosemary’s Baby, Wacom Tablet.

Just finished reading the book - I actually rushed home from work today to finish it! I was pretty disappointed at how it ended though to be honest, with Rosemary’s seemingly complete acceptance at the fact she’s born a devil’s child with inhuman eyes, horns, claws and a tail.

But I enjoyed reading it nonetheless - I’m looking forward to seeing the film at some point.
Fury

Post by Fury »

Fleshlumpeater (sketch) from my favourite children’s animated film: THE BFG.

The BFG (Big Friendly Giant) is a fantastic book written by Roald Dahl that was made into an animated film in 1989. David Jason voices the role of The BFG (and does so perfectly) but my favourite parts are those that include the nastiest and most gruesome of the nine evil child-eating giants; the Fleshlumpeater.

This film terrifed me as a child. I quite literally hid behind the sofa throughout the first 10 minutes every time I watched it. The music alone is still enough to set my heart racing. But when, half way through, Fleshlumpeater rises out of the ocean during the night, steps silently through the village and plucks a sleeping child out of his bedroom window and eats him - well, it’s just amazing. To this day it’s still a film I enjoy watching very much.

Expect more Fleshlumpeater drawings soon!
Fury

Post by Fury »

Have a Dewott!

EDIT: Have a better one!

He's such a cutie.
Fury

Post by Fury »

Fleshlumpeater, sketch.

For all that haven't seen it (and for those that have, watch it again!) the entire animated film is on YouTube. It's beautiful and is very much worth watching:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT7C4kUk1ds