Map Critiques Wanted

Post finished and unfinished work here for critique and appraisal.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Map Critiques Wanted

Post by Nogitsune »

I mentioned before I was considering altering the Neopian map. Here is what I've done:

If anyone has suggestions or changes they'd like to see, please let me know.
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Katy... :)

Re: Map Critiques Wanted

Post by Katy... :) »

No suggestions. Just wanted to say that it looks wonderful.
:)
krbs86
I will always be a blue evil fuzzle.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

Katy... :) wrote:No suggestions. Just wanted to say that it looks wonderful. :)
Thanks very much! I wasn't sure about the placement of the Darigan Citadel (which would now be the country). King Heksas of the lower Mentu region invaded Khamtef but I wasn't sure if Khamtef should be towards the southern continent or Altador. I also wasn't sure if it was in the Upper Mentu region or not.
EofS

Post by EofS »

Looks good. I wonder whether it would be possible to switch Brightvale and Meridell? It's always bothered me that when they published this map, Brightvale is shown as the nearer land - which makes no sense because it was discovered later. (Not that it makes enormous sense having them on a peninsula from the main continent anyway, but since we're stuck with that they might as well be the logical way round.)
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

EofS wrote:Looks good. I wonder whether it would be possible to switch Brightvale and Meridell? It's always bothered me that when they published this map, Brightvale is shown as the nearer land - which makes no sense because it was discovered later. (Not that it makes enormous sense having them on a peninsula from the main continent anyway, but since we're stuck with that they might as well be the logical way round.)
Thanks! It's certainly possible, but the description on its page puts it 50 miles west of Meridell. Then again, Kiko Lake's description says it's to the north-east of Neopia Central while it's clearly south-west on the map.

I've been chalking up Brightvale being discovered later as due to the weird timey-wimey ball effect that goes with Meridell. My assumption is that somehow Brightvale was caught up in the same temporal weirdness as Meridell but not at the same time - thus it can be further inland but "discovered" later.

I'm actually working on a completely different map of my own, so I'm up for further requests on things. I'm trying to go as much as possible by the descriptions either on their pages or elsewhere, but If you think somewhere will look or work better somewhere else, I can do it.