Joey's 2014 Jack-o-Lantern Thread!

Post finished and unfinished work here for critique and appraisal.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Joey's 2014 Jack-o-Lantern Thread!

Post by Joey »

It's back! And late. Sorry. Been busy with work so I've been spending most of my random days off carving. It's been a good year so far. 7 pumpkins done, and a solid plan for actually getting a big theme done Halloween weekend. I meant to do some post Halloween carving last year but I burned myself out with the Majora's Mask. No watermelons though, I didn't force myself to make the time for any. I'll have to next year, I have some plans, and unfinished eeveelutions.

A cool ghost pirate pumpkin from Zombie Pumpkins. I'd completely forgotten about this pattern until I opened up my pattern box and found it sitting on top. It's like I purposefully left it there so I would see it, go last year me!

Image Image
Ok if you didn't see Pumpkaboo coming a mile away, I don't know what to tell you xD I threw in Phantump as well because it is adorable. Just not as adorable as Pumpkaboo.

And then I made an entry for the Subeta contest. I am not surprised that I lost after seeing the pumpkins that won, I'll have to step up my game if they have another contest next year.

So my friend who made the Spook, Rand al'Thor, and Kvothe pumpkins of previous years and I spent half the year wondering what the heck we were going to do this year and then suddenly I realized it needed to be Animorphs. This thing is a beast that took way too long but it looked amazing. It is worth seeing the full size for alternate angles: http://johwee.deviantart.com/art/The-Es ... -489988982

Another haunted house, cause I like carving them. Pattern is from some random carving kit that I can't identify. It made a good warmup for my next pumpkin.

I also spent way too long trying to decide on a MLP:FiM design, before I was like duh, Flutterbat. I like all the cool dynamic poses I can get with ponies, I don't seem to have many for pokemon.

BONUS:
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Joey's 2014 Jack-o-Lantern Thread!

Post by AngharadTy »

eee the pumpkaboo! I'm so pleased to see that. And phantump as well, very adorable. Such lovely, clean linework. Also Animorphs! yayyy! Amazing stuff, been looking forward to your post. =D
Image Image
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

Your work is always fantastic. Really loving the Animorphs and MLP one!
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Wow, again, just...wow! And eeeee Flutterbat! :D
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I was trying to figure out which pumpkin you entered into the contest, now I know.

Also that Animorphs one is insanely awesome. I can't believe all the detail that went into it.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I also went looking to find your pumpkin. I love all of these!
Alvin

Post by Alvin »

Eeeeeehhehe I love the Flutterbat.
Really hard to decide for one pumpkin, they are all great.