AC entry? (Updated)

Post finished and unfinished work here for critique and appraisal.
Slugawoo

AC entry? (Updated)

Post by Slugawoo »

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/ ... /Aisha.png

I was thinking of entering this into the Art Gallery. I know it doesn't have a background, and I don't plan on ading one(since I suck at backgrounds), though I may add a petpet to it. Any suggestions?

And yes, it needs shading. I'll get to it eventually. x3

Anyways, C+C appreciated. Also, if you think a different color would look better, let me know. I still have the sketch saved so I can recolor it anytime.

Also, I was thinking of making it smaller and adoptable-fying it. If I do, would anyone be interested? I don't want to waste my time if no one wants them. xD

Edit: Made it Camo and added a background.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/ ... haCamo.png
Last edited by Slugawoo on 27 Jan 2006 01:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
chickvw

Post by chickvw »

that's cute, I like it! other than the shading that you already plan to add, I don't see anything else to do to it... though a petpet could help balance the white bg.
Image Image
Thank you MM for the Woobles!
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I got no crits without seeing a finished version. The lineart is very good. I really like how it looks like an aisha. I'd suggest camoflauge instead, but only because I can. Perhaps a flying petpet in the corner? Maybe a flightning bug or blobagus for something simple.
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

Huggles wrote:I got no crits without seeing a finished version. The lineart is very good. I really like how it looks like an aisha. I'd suggest camoflauge instead, but only because I can. Perhaps a flying petpet in the corner? Maybe a flightning bug or blobagus for something simple.
Camo sounds interesting. xD I suppose I could give that a go, though the shading would probably kill me. x3 I'll see if I can draw those petpets, too. Thanks for the suggestion. ^^
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Well, I think that camo shading wouldn't be too bad really since you've got the pattern as your main focus. You could probably get by with basic shading, like making the right front and hind legs darker than the left, etc.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

You'd probably have to add a background. The art gallery likes backgrounds. I have submitted pics on white backgrounds which were rejected several times until I added a shitty quick background and they then got in. It definitely helps. I personally think its a crappy system because often a pic looks better on a simple white page, but meh, TNT.
EofS

Post by EofS »

I agree on the background thing. It doesn't need to be an actual setting type background, just a bit of colour/pattern.

That said, it's not impossible to get in without, I've done it. But it is much harder.
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

Well, I did Camo and added a background. I think the background is absolutely awful, but I've seen much much worse get into the AG, so I'm not too worried. xD I can't add in a petpet since my scanner's broken. D:
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Aw, cute! I like the camo pattern.
Image Image
Float

Post by Float »

Camo definitly looks great on it (and I love how smooth the art is). X] It pops a little on the background it?