Peophin day

Post finished and unfinished work here for critique and appraisal.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Peophin day

Post by Nogitsune »

Thoughts? Feelings? Darigan Chia?

Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

Nice... except the arms on your Peo really look off to me. I don't know if this is just me, but they look... strange. Like they're backwards.

It's really nice otherwise, and I like the petpet :D
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

Hawk wrote:Nice... except the arms on your Peo really look off to me. I don't know if this is just me, but they look... strange. Like they're backwards.

It's really nice otherwise, and I like the petpet :D
Thanks. The arms bug the heck out of me too, but the arms of a Peo really are like that:Image
Ava

Post by Ava »

I think it may look odd because yours appears to have fingers while the Neopets verion clearly has hooves. I have a feeling that they're not *actually* fingers but fins, nevertheless, it sort of looks like broken arms.

That being said, I like the image itself, especially the anubis.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

Ava wrote:I think it may look odd because yours appears to have fingers while the Neopets verion clearly has hooves. I have a feeling that they're not *actually* fingers but fins, nevertheless, it sort of looks like broken arms.
*nods* Yeah, it's supposed to be a Maraquan Peophin so I gave it a real seahorse appearance and changed the hooves to fins (which would be much more useful underwater anyway...) Any suggestions as to how to fix the 'broken arm' look? I mean physically it's 'correct' based on the standard Peos but in appearance it's ...wrong... somehow and I don't know what to do to make it appear better...
That being said, I like the image itself, especially the anubis.
Thanks. I was very happy with how the Anubis ended up.
willow_nicole

Post by willow_nicole »

it's supposed to be a Maraquan Peophin so I gave it a real seahorse appearance and changed the hooves to fins (which would be much more useful underwater anyway...) Any suggestions as to how to fix the 'broken arm' look? I mean physically it's 'correct' based on the standard Peos but in appearance it's ...wrong... somehow and I don't know what to do to make it appear better...
i tried to fix it , im not so good with horse legs ... and ... I made some fin like legs ... why did I add those ? *confused* o-O

im so strange |D
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

willow_nicole wrote: i tried to fix it , im not so good with horse legs ... and ... I made some fin like legs ... why did I add those ? *confused* o-O

im so strange |D
Thanks. I'll see what I can do...
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

If you're aiming to get into the art gallery, I would advise you to turn it into a Purple Peophin; custom designs are barred from the AG. Also, it really needs hooves; they do look like fingers.
rottweilerchika

Post by rottweilerchika »

Jazzy wrote:If you're aiming to get into the art gallery, I would advise you to turn it into a Purple Peophin; custom designs are barred from the AG. Also, it really needs hooves; they do look like fingers.

Yeah- Mara Peophins will never come to existance. xDD. It'd be like a Maraquan Koi- silly and ultimately, well... you get the picture. ((Peophins are already Maraquan. ^_~.))

Another hint- Try making the earfins a big broader. For some reason, TNT seems to like the bigger, webbed earfins.

Just using the latest 3 redraws of the Peophin. ^_~

**Anatomy Note: Please stop calling them arms ;-; They're legs. xDD.
i suck a lot okay
Yfandes

Post by Yfandes »

I like the maraquan anubis a lot ^_^

it would be a good idea to take into account what everyone else is saying about the legs though...they could do with a bit of work. The "mane" reminds me of my mara unis custom design lol :P

I'd also advise you to shade it a bit more :)
8): Laura
Current Aim: 4months+ side account to transfer pets *wills time to go faster*