Art review? Edited to Add Art Gallery entry

Post finished and unfinished work here for critique and appraisal.
chickvw

Art review? Edited to Add Art Gallery entry

Post by chickvw »

I've been toying with my tablet, trying to get into the groove of things, and so I've been working on coloring some sketches I scanned in a while back.
This one is "finished". I hope to enter him/her in the BC.

This is an unfinished one. I was trying another technique, and I think it looks a bit cleaner than the first one. I haven't gotten to the shading yet, but wanted to see what you guys thought of my style?
Last edited by chickvw on 08 Feb 2006 03:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Thank you MM for the Woobles!
Float

Post by Float »

I like the gelert a lot, the shading is very tie-die looking ^^ A few things; the eyebrows, curving up so much, makes him look a little bit upset. Also, the front two paws are facing a bit downward so they don't really look planted.

Wow the styles are very different, I can't wait to see the kougra once its done
chickvw

Post by chickvw »

:lol: yeah, the gelert, does look sad, like he's thinking, "oh Please vote for me in the BC!" ;);) :twisted:
Image Image
Kidnemo

Post by Kidnemo »

heck, I would totally vote for your gelert it's so pretty ^^; The Kougra is good too but I like (thick) outlines :oops:
elosc

Post by elosc »

I really like the Kougra a lot, it does look quite "clean". if I'm going to be really picky, the outward curve on the bridge of his nose on the left side looks a little funny. The gelert is also quite nice, although the pixellation around the muzzle is a bit distracting-- something about the program you used? The rainbowness is awesome though. I like it :D
Dead Webby

Post by Dead Webby »

I like both of them a lot, especially the Gelert's colouring and the Kougra's expression. The only thing that bugs me slightly about both of them is the lack of shading, its not very clear.

Edit: I just realised something- I could so see the kougra strumming a guitar ^^
Thanks VanillaCoke for the Set.
chickvw

Post by chickvw »

Here's another I'm entering to the AG for Valentine's Day.
Image Image