First Subeta Pic

Post finished and unfinished work here for critique and appraisal.
TraditionsRule

First Subeta Pic

Post by TraditionsRule »

I can't believe how great this ended up turning out. Seriously, I haven't drawn quads like this, let alone a Celinox, for ages. Unfortunately, my scanner killed it. x.x Here he is anyways;

The cool part was that an Art teacher saw me drawing and was amazed at what I drew. :) I honestly know it's good, but I also know people who could kick my seet behind with a flick of their pencils. :o

Comments and critique are welcome-my anatomy is probably way off in spots, and I see now that the head seems too dog-like, but not bad for a first try. I won't go back and fix it, but pointing flaws out is fine, I don't mind being decapitated. :P
Fish

Post by Fish »

That is good, your pencil-shading kicks my ass anyday, and your cat-face is much better than my attempts when my anatomy was as good as yours =) There are two things I can see that could be improved.

First, put your finger to the corner of your jaw. That's about where you've got your celinox's neck connecting. Way skinny, no? Make it thicker, perhaps pull it forward to just before that teartrack marking. Second, you've given him human shoulders and unbending legs. Google "cat anatomy" and take some looks at how their shoulders and legs bend and move.

His eye is also very large. I just noticed it, I thought there were markings around it...

Very nice =D
<B>highly</b>FLAMMABLE<I>animal</i>
<a href="http://subeta.org/userinfo.php?user=158800">See: Feezl</a>
TraditionsRule

Post by TraditionsRule »

Okay, thanks! :D I'll have to keep that in mind, I'm used to drawing horses more than cats or dogs so I end up with horse-looking cats and dogs every now and then. :P

I see what you mean about the shoulder, I'll work on those!

Oh, and the eye is semi-big, but I always make my eyes like that. (the spikes are just markings around the eyes, if you were getting confused, sorry)