Which one should I continue with? EDIT!

Post finished and unfinished work here for critique and appraisal.

Which one?

One!
62%
Two!
31%
Neither!
8%

Total votes: 13

Yuka

Which one should I continue with? EDIT!

Post by Yuka »

I've spent hours agonizing over these monstrosities, but I can't decide which one to use... I'm on the verge of scrapping them completely and just trying again. :P For all the good it'd do me. It's supposed to be a lookup picture for my Krawk, Inner. Advice, opinions and rotten fruit are all very welcome.

EDIT: New version. Explanation below.

Last edited by Yuka on 28 Nov 2006 06:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dead Webby

Post by Dead Webby »

I prefer the lines on the first, but pose (the hand being different, mainly) looks better on the second one. Sorry, thats rally not much help >.<
Thanks VanillaCoke for the Set.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I would kept the legs from the first, only make the toes more sharp and less round, and upper torso from the second. Depending on what program you're using, you should be able to use the lasso tool to select the appropriate portions of each drawing and paste them into a new image. Then you can either print it out and trace over it, or trace over it using layers in whatever. I also like the hand positions on the second more.
Yuka

Post by Yuka »

Thanks for the advice! :) I decided to combine the two and came up with this. What do you think?

Float

Post by Float »

That one's much better than the first couple. Best of both.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Very nice! I went ahead and did some redlining in between killing trees, so beware. I think the fingers on the right hand are fine, but they look directly connected to the wrist instead of a hand like the left. Maybe try pushing them down some. I think the hair is what's making the skull seem too small, and moving it up about a quarter of an inch should help. I erased the lines on the legs because they looked odd without color, but I'm not sure how to fix them.

Yuka

Post by Yuka »

Thank you so much, Huggles! :D That's a big help. I'll fix that right away. You have a very good eye for detail. :)
Yuka

Post by Yuka »

Hate to bump this up, but I didn't want to make a new thread, as it's essentially the same idea redone in a different way. :) I drew and shaded it by hand, then applied a layer of translucent colour on photoshop. Hooray for being able to use college scanners! :P