Pumpkins

Post finished and unfinished work here for critique and appraisal.
Ailiel

Pumpkins

Post by Ailiel »

This is a little late (like a month) but I just realized I never showed off my beauties this year. And by beauties I mean "pumpkins carved in a great rush the DAY OF." But I like them.

Black Pearl

Mr. Depp (his face is kinda weird, I was really rushing this one, it went down to the wire!)

Pirates display

The beast within

I never have anything to post in this forum, heh, so pumpkin art is my only contribution! Just for fun, here's my past pumpkins:

2005 destroyed by Wilma. :(
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

Those are incredible. I'm really impressed, you have great shading and I'm just loving how intricate they are. I love the beast within and the black pearl in particular. I know I couldn't have pulled that level of difficulty the day of.

I never bothered to post my pumpkins here either, now that you've reminded me.
Cyaneus

Post by Cyaneus »

Wow! I never got the hang of even carving simple things into pumpkins. The level of detail you've got going on in these is just awesome, and I can't believe you made them in one day!
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

The Black Pearl is especially amazing- how did you get the different shading, too? Whenever I carved pumpkins I just sort of hacked bits out.

And Joey- post yours, too? I loved the ones you did last year.
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

Wow, these are great. I've never had the patience to try shading on pumpkins - ever. I know it involves scraping off layers of the skin to the desired thicknesses, but I just don't think I could do that over such intricate areas. Major kudos to you, these look awesome.
Image Image
Trick
Mad Cavy Lady

Post by Trick »

Whoah, those are incredible. I love the Black Pearl and the beast within ones especially.

I can't even manage a generic scary face pumpkin x)