Pumpkins of the Joey (IMAGE HEAVY!)

Post finished and unfinished work here for critique and appraisal.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Pumpkins of the Joey (IMAGE HEAVY!)

Post by Joey »

Since it would be rude to hijack Ailiel's thread, I'm making my own. Here be the pumpkins of 06. Make your way to my deviantART page if you want to see full versions and pumpkins from other years.

First up is my favorite from this year, The Graveyard:
My own design, made for a competition on DA that I lost because the contest holder hates me. Still my favorite of the year so far. The pictures don't do it justice, it was awesome. It has all this shading detail on the outside that was lost. Sadness. Carved on a huge 35 pound pumpkin, the night before Halloween. Had it out on display with my other 4.

And from the rush of carving Halloween Day, I have four:
Stencils from Pumpkin Masters, Jammin Pumpkins, and Zombie Pumpkins, in that order. I was going for as many as I could, so I stuck to the less crazy detailed stuff. Still managed to shade bits of them anyway, as that's just my style. The second one is the Great and Powerful Aku from Samurai Jack if you didn't already know.

A witchy pair:
Zombie Pumpkins and Pumpkin Masters. Made these two as gifts two nights before Halloween for my boss and my old school. As usual, I shaded them because I can.

And the Pokemon:
Because I always carve pokemon onto gourds. The three starting fire pokemon, Charmander, Cyndaquil, and Torchic. That Torchic was a freak. It totally didn't get moldy for like two weeks and all I did was stick in in the fridge for a night.

And that's it so far this year. Though I didn't learn from last years mistakes, so I have like 10 more pumpkins sitting in the living room again. I'm really gonna carve em this year!
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Ohh, nifty Joey :D *Pokes the Headless Horseman one*

I never understood how people could do such awsome things with pumpkins. I helped my younger brother crave his this year and lets just say it looks more like a hack job then anything else :P
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Those are fantastic :D Graveyard and all three pokemon being my favourites. I never tried going beyond scary eyes and mouth either.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

Wow, great job! Love them. :)
Yuka

Post by Yuka »

Excellent stuff. :D I'd like to try carving a pumpkin but it'd probably be a mess. xP
Trick
Mad Cavy Lady

Post by Trick »

Where are they handing out the pumpkin talent ;__;

I love the Graveyard one especially, it's beyond awesome.